Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DRINKING APPLE CIDER VINEGER...

20 posts in this topic

So is it good to do?

Cause i already drank some and i nearly THREW UP with just a little sip! This stuff is gross!

But i heard it was good for me. Am i right? Will it help with my acne?

I filled a whole glass of this stuff and i cant even sip it, should i finish it off? Or give up because i think im gonna cry if i drink it all!

Help!!

1tsp of ACV per glass of water.

The only thing that it will hurt is maybe your throat because of the acidity and definitly your teeth. Don't swish and hold it in your mouth, just drink it(Although if you hate it that much it shouldn't be a problem). That, lemon juice,etc.... are all bad for your teeth.

ok cool, but what is it good for (absolutely nothing?)

will it help my acne?

According to Guider talking about it to me one time, it helps reduce red marks?

drinking it?!?!

I just started (today actually) putting it on my face, hopfuly it get rid of my remarks but im interested to know, what if i drink it?

thanks for the replys!

yuck cannot imagine drinking that shit.....

but people who wanna lose weight do...apparently it helps in that department.

oh crap i dont want THAT! Im skinny enough as it is!

No more drinky the ACV.

Thanks, bye.

Actually, the ACV is supposed to help a bunch of things. I don't believe weight loss was one of them...I can't find the article I read about it, but my future mother-in-law said her father drank it everyday of his life and was very, very healthy.

I did discover that you have to get unpasturized organic ACV...the other kind you get at the grocery store is disgusting to taste and has no medicinal properties to it. Look for ACV that has "floaties" in it...they call it the "Mother." It's like a spider-web looking thing in the vinegar.

I mix a tablespoon of ACV with a tablespoon of raw honey with about 4 ounces of warm water and drink it right down...it doesn't taste bad at all! (unlike the other garbage...made me want to puke!) I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good! The small breakout I had a few weeks ago has cleared, too, and the red marks are fading, but I'm not sure if that's from the ACV or what.

Actually, the ACV is supposed to help a bunch of things. I don't believe weight loss was one of them...I can't find the article I read about it, but my future mother-in-law said her father drank it everyday of his life and was very, very healthy.

I did discover that you have to get unpasturized organic ACV...the other kind you get at the grocery store is disgusting to taste and has no medicinal properties to it. Look for ACV that has "floaties" in it...they call it the "Mother." It's like a spider-web looking thing in the vinegar.

I mix a tablespoon of ACV with a tablespoon of raw honey with about 4 ounces of warm water and drink it right down...it doesn't taste bad at all! (unlike the other garbage...made me want to puke!)  I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good! The small breakout I had a few weeks ago has cleared, too, and the red marks are fading, but I'm not sure if that's from the ACV or what.

I have been applying acv once a day now for the last 1.5 weeks...and my skin has improved a lot.

please make sure to dilute it well with water if you drink it. it's also a good idea to drink with a straw and even brush your teeth after, cause this stuff can really screw up your tooth enamel.

Really, though, the organic unpasturized stuff does not taste ANYTHING like the other nasty distilled stuff. Believe me, I nearly puked the first time I tried drinking it, then I got the RIGHT stuff, and it's not bad at all!

Can I get the full scoop on ACV from someone? Im thinking about using it now if it works so well on red marks....

Sooo....

Does it burn your face? DOES IT BUURRN?!

Do you apply it with a cotton pad?

Put it on liberally, or lightly?

Any side-effects?

And possibly even the explanation on how it reduces the appearance of red marks?

Oo Im watching a Proactiv commerical

Can I get the full scoop on ACV from someone? Im thinking about using it now if it works so well on red marks....

Sooo....

Does it burn your face? DOES IT BUURRN?!

Do you apply it with a cotton pad?

Put it on liberally, or lightly?

Any side-effects?

And possibly even the explanation on how it reduces the appearance of red marks?

Oo Im watching a Proactiv commerical

i dunno, drinking apple cider water sounds like a fad acne cure to me. i know that it's definitely a fad weight loss method and doesn't actually make you lose weight. :-\

There seems to be at least one legitimate benefit from drinking vinegar: it apparently helps improve insulin sensitivity after consuming carbohydrates. I suppose that _could_ be helpful for acne, depending on how much stock you put in SweetJade's holistic approach toward the disease! wink.gif

Here's a scan of a recent small study in a diabetes medical journal, documenting vinegar's effects on insulin:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/vinegar_insulin.htm

Bryan

Ive been drinking it for the last week and my skin has really improved! I have it before every meal - 3 times a day. I would highly recommend it... just experiment and see if it works... The taste isn't nice but getting rid of acne is great!!!! smile.gif

I remember reading a liver flush thread that had a post about drinking acv and something else (I forget what). But anyway, some kid asked his mom, who is a doctor, about liver flushing. The doctor thought that it wasn't necessary, though it does have some benefits, but that if you want to flush your liver a longterm alternative is to drink ACV daily (and something else....shit this is going to bother me.)