Photo

DRINKING APPLE CIDER VINEGER...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:24 PM

So is it good to do?

Cause i already drank some and i nearly THREW UP with just a little sip! This stuff is gross!

But i heard it was good for me. Am i right? Will it help with my acne?

I filled a whole glass of this stuff and i cant even sip it, should i finish it off? Or give up because i think im gonna cry if i drink it all!

Help!!

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:27 PM

1tsp of ACV per glass of water.

The only thing that it will hurt is maybe your throat because of the acidity and definitly your teeth. Don't swish and hold it in your mouth, just drink it(Although if you hate it that much it shouldn't be a problem). That, lemon juice,etc.... are all bad for your teeth.

#3 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

ok cool, but what is it good for (absolutely nothing?)

will it help my acne?

#4 Guest_Shjaker_*

Guest_Shjaker_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

According to Guider talking about it to me one time, it helps reduce red marks?

#5 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

drinking it?!?!

I just started (today actually) putting it on my face, hopfuly it get rid of my remarks but im interested to know, what if i drink it?

thanks for the replys!

#6 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

yuck cannot imagine drinking that shit.....
but people who wanna lose weight do...apparently it helps in that department.

#7 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:31 PM

oh crap i dont want THAT! Im skinny enough as it is!

No more drinky the ACV.

Thanks, bye.

#8 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(!CiRiEiEiP!! @ Mar 15 2005, 10:31 PM)
oh crap i dont want THAT! Im skinny enough as it is!

No more drinky the ACV.

Thanks, bye.

View Post

lol!! You can try the lemon juice in water?? I think that would taste shitty too...but not as bad as acv of course.

I have been applying acv once a day now for the last 1.5 weeks...and my skin has improved a lot.

#9 2die4Him

2die4Him

Natural Beauty Consultant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

Actually, the ACV is supposed to help a bunch of things. I don't believe weight loss was one of them...I can't find the article I read about it, but my future mother-in-law said her father drank it everyday of his life and was very, very healthy.

I did discover that you have to get unpasturized organic ACV...the other kind you get at the grocery store is disgusting to taste and has no medicinal properties to it. Look for ACV that has "floaties" in it...they call it the "Mother." It's like a spider-web looking thing in the vinegar.

I mix a tablespoon of ACV with a tablespoon of raw honey with about 4 ounces of warm water and drink it right down...it doesn't taste bad at all! (unlike the other garbage...made me want to puke!) I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good! The small breakout I had a few weeks ago has cleared, too, and the red marks are fading, but I'm not sure if that's from the ACV or what.

#10 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(2die4Him @ Mar 15 2005, 08:52 PM)
Actually, the ACV is supposed to help a bunch of things. I don't believe weight loss was one of them...I can't find the article I read about it, but my future mother-in-law said her father drank it everyday of his life and was very, very healthy.

I did discover that you have to get unpasturized organic ACV...the other kind you get at the grocery store is disgusting to taste and has no medicinal properties to it. Look for ACV that has "floaties" in it...they call it the "Mother." It's like a spider-web looking thing in the vinegar.

I mix a tablespoon of ACV with a tablespoon of raw honey with about 4 ounces of warm water and drink it right down...it doesn't taste bad at all! (unlike the other garbage...made me want to puke!)  I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good! The small breakout I had a few weeks ago has cleared, too, and the red marks are fading, but I'm not sure if that's from the ACV or what.

View Post

hmmmm, interesting...

i think i'll just stay away from drinking anymore ACV no matter what kind, that was possibly the worst thing i have ever drank, so ill just stick to putting it on my face!

Thanks for taking the time everyone!

#11 !CiRiEiEiP!!

!CiRiEiEiP!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(18yochickfightingacne4toolong @ Mar 15 2005, 08:50 PM)
I have been applying acv once a day now for the last 1.5 weeks...and my skin has improved a lot.

View Post

Im happy ACV on your face is working for you, lets hope i can say the same in 1.5 weeks!

#12 gosh

gosh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:04 AM

please make sure to dilute it well with water if you drink it. it's also a good idea to drink with a straw and even brush your teeth after, cause this stuff can really screw up your tooth enamel.

#13 2die4Him

2die4Him

Natural Beauty Consultant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:39 PM

Really, though, the organic unpasturized stuff does not taste ANYTHING like the other nasty distilled stuff. Believe me, I nearly puked the first time I tried drinking it, then I got the RIGHT stuff, and it's not bad at all!

#14 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(!CiRiEiEiP!! @ Mar 16 2005, 12:08 AM)
Im happy ACV on your face is working for you, lets hope i can say the same in 1.5 weeks!

View Post

I wish you all the luck!!!!

Just remember to dilute it okay!! I don't want you to burn your face off!!

#15 Guest_Shjaker_*

Guest_Shjaker_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:41 PM

Can I get the full scoop on ACV from someone? Im thinking about using it now if it works so well on red marks....

Sooo....

Does it burn your face? DOES IT BUURRN?!
Do you apply it with a cotton pad?
Put it on liberally, or lightly?
Any side-effects?
And possibly even the explanation on how it reduces the appearance of red marks?

Oo Im watching a Proactiv commerical

#16 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Shjaker @ Mar 16 2005, 08:41 PM)
Can I get the full scoop on ACV from someone? Im thinking about using it now if it works so well on red marks....

Sooo....

Does it burn your face? DOES IT BUURRN?!
Do you apply it with a cotton pad?
Put it on liberally, or lightly?
Any side-effects?
And possibly even the explanation on how it reduces the appearance of red marks?

Oo Im watching a Proactiv commerical

View Post

Hey!!

ACV has never burned me. You do feel it kinda tingling though. Its a nice feeling actually. Eventually it starts to feel drying though, thats why you leave it only for 10-20 mins. You apply it liberally, and I do this with a cotton pad.
The side-effects could be redness, irritation, peely skin. I have only had redness, but I think its from just using a combo of everything, and its putting stress on my skin.

I don't know why it helps with red marks?? Maybe cuz it balances out the PH level of your skin?? Probably something else too........

#17 pizzicato

pizzicato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

i dunno, drinking apple cider water sounds like a fad acne cure to me. i know that it's definitely a fad weight loss method and doesn't actually make you lose weight. :-\

#18 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

There seems to be at least one legitimate benefit from drinking vinegar: it apparently helps improve insulin sensitivity after consuming carbohydrates. I suppose that _could_ be helpful for acne, depending on how much stock you put in SweetJade's holistic approach toward the disease! wink.gif

Here's a scan of a recent small study in a diabetes medical journal, documenting vinegar's effects on insulin:

http://www.geocities...gar_insulin.htm

Bryan

#19 x_ricky_x

x_ricky_x

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

Ive been drinking it for the last week and my skin has really improved! I have it before every meal - 3 times a day. I would highly recommend it... just experiment and see if it works... The taste isn't nice but getting rid of acne is great!!!! smile.gif

#20 gemma

gemma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

I remember reading a liver flush thread that had a post about drinking acv and something else (I forget what). But anyway, some kid asked his mom, who is a doctor, about liver flushing. The doctor thought that it wasn't necessary, though it does have some benefits, but that if you want to flush your liver a longterm alternative is to drink ACV daily (and something else....shit this is going to bother me.)