Photo

New to the idea of flushes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

Well, I've been in pretty bad health the last 2 years or so. I was already skinny to begin with and lost like 10lbs. Also my acne is pretty bad. I've had it for 6 years or so. I've tried a lot of stuff from topical treatments to antibiotics. I'm hoping a holistic approach will at the very least keep my body healthy, and getting rid of acne is a bonus.

So I've been reading a lot of threads and information posted on curezone and other places. I'm planning on reading more. But I'm more specifically interested in the bowel/parasite cleanse. But I'm a little confused on how to go about doing this.

I've seen all kinds of kits like ParaGone.. that combine a lot of herbs. But then you have to buy another product to rebuild gut lining or something? And its supposed to take 15-30 days to do this. As I understand it, aren't you weaker during a flush? And if you had to do one for 15 days, wouldn't you have to be resting for hours every day or something. I thought you can do weekend flushes kind of thing. I just don't want to collapse when doing a flush.

Another question I have is if Burdock Root is effective? Like it just helps the liver get rid of toxins or does it serve as a partial flush? I'm wondering if I should get the capsules of that stuff or maybe the Yogi Detox Tea because that contains Dandelion Root, but not sure if its worth it. Well, if anyone can help clarify these things, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to continue educating myself before performing any of these cleanses.

#2 dantecubit

dantecubit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

Well, I guess I'll respond. Parasite killing (really Candida as there probably aren't that many actual parasites in your system) is effective. Don't know about ParaGone but wormwood (Artemisia Annua), echinacea and grapefruit seed are really good at killing candida. Take this with food. After that, yes you have to "repair" the gut lining by taking some probiotics, and possibly some glutamine or something else.

Burdock is primarily a kidney herb. Milk thistle is good for the liver. Don't waste your money on that Yogi tea stuff, just go to an herb store and by all the herbs in bulk. Email or PM me if you need more specifics like a list of herbs or whatnot.

#3 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:37 PM

hey thanks for the info dantecubit. smile.gif I've been thinking about how theres a lot of herbs that are useful for killing parasites. But theres so many thats why I was thinking of ParaGONE, because it combines all of those into just one. Seems interesting. However I'm confused about the timelime on that. Is it supposed to take 15 days to do a cleanse of parasites?

I thought burdock was a liver helper, like helped it clean out toxins or something like that. Seems to have helped some people.

Let me get this flushing thing straight though. Theres liver and parasitic flushes that involve taking herbs orally right? And it can take 2 weeks or more to complete one of these right? But what about the colon flushes do you eat stuff too or just take an enema? If so shouldn't it be the fastest flush available?

#4 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Supremeone @ Mar 14 2005, 07:37 PM)
hey thanks for the info dantecubit.  smile.gif  I've been thinking about how theres a lot of herbs that are useful for killing parasites.  But theres so many thats why I was thinking of ParaGONE, because it combines all of those into just one.  Seems interesting.  However I'm confused about the timelime on that.  Is it supposed to take 15 days to do a cleanse of parasites?

I thought burdock was a liver helper, like helped it clean out toxins or something like that.  Seems to have helped some people.

Let me get this flushing thing straight though.  Theres liver and parasitic flushes that involve taking herbs orally right?  And it can take 2 weeks or more to complete one of these right?  But what about the colon flushes do you eat stuff too or just take an enema?  If so shouldn't it be the fastest flush available?

View Post

The herb taking parts to kill parasites is parasite killing. There's also bowel cleansing which can be done many ways but usually it's done with Psyllium Husks and Benzonite Clay.

Liver Flush involves eating a no fat breakfast,lunch,no food after 2pm then taking epsom salts to dilate the bile ducts at 6pm,8pm then drinking a solution of 1/2cup Olive oil + juice from 1 grapefruit. Liver flushes themselves only take the one day although you'll have diarrhea most of next day and you should rest then too. They can be repeated every 2-4 weeks until all your stones are gone.

#5 gemma

gemma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

I'm confused, you mentioned that the parasite cleanse is more like a candida cleanse. I thought that a candida cleanse is separate and involves a very strict diet or something like Threelac. Also, how effective do you think grapefruit seed extract is? I thought cloves, wormwood and black walnut hulls were the only herbs that really kill all the parasites. But I also read that the P&B shakes are supposed to help with parasites. Ahhhh, so confusing!!! I need a map for curezone...I get so lost. And overwhelmed.

#6 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:05 AM

Yeah me too gemma. I liked the sensiblehealth.com site a lot better. It explained things a lot better. So I take it the liver flush can take 1-2 days. Well, I think I'd rather do a bowel flush first. I've been having constipation problems regularly. Hopefully I can try it this weekend. You just take Psyllium Husks and Benzonite Clay and then tomorrow morning go to the bathroom and your done?

I think I'll save the liver flush for later. Reading the sensible health page. Several people recommend taking like some kind of tincture that helps break down the liver/gallbladder stones first. I'm thinking of taking some burdock root prior to that as well.

#7 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(Supremeone @ Mar 15 2005, 08:05 AM)
Yeah me too gemma.  I liked the sensiblehealth.com site a lot better.  It explained things a lot better.  So I take it the liver flush can take 1-2 days.  Well, I think I'd rather do a bowel flush first.  I've been having constipation problems regularly.  Hopefully I can try it this weekend.  You just take Psyllium Husks and Benzonite Clay and then tomorrow morning go to the bathroom and your done?

I think I'll save the liver flush for later.  Reading the sensible health page.  Several people recommend taking like some kind of tincture that helps break down the liver/gallbladder stones first.  I'm thinking of taking some burdock root prior to that as well.

View Post

No, it's called Bowel(Colon) cleansing, and you take PSYLLIUM & BENTONITE shakes 3-5 times a day for a few weeks until you start passing mucoid plaque. I hear those shakes are quite disgusting so good luck.

Curezone is not hard to navigate at all. It's a well designed site.

Here's info on each cleanse

Bowel(Colon) cleansing - http://curezone.com/...asp?f=105&i=979
http://curezone.com/...wel/default.asp

Parasite cleasing - http://curezone.com/cleanse/parasites/

Kidney cleanse - http://curezone.com/...ney/default.asp

Liver flushing - http://curezone.com/...ver/default.asp

Main cleansing page - http://curezone.com/cleanse/

#8 gemma

gemma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

I read somewhere that you can mix the P&B with organic apple juice instead of water...which I have been doing and it takes just fine...plus you don't notice when you are chugging it down.

#9 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

I'm doing a TOTAL FAST right now and taking herbs and doing p&b shakes. When you are eating and doing bowel cleansing, the p&b shakes tend to cling to the food instead of the mucoid plaque. I have a feeling I've got tons of that stuff I've never gotten out.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. So far right now, I think I'll probably hit the plaque tomorrow or the next day.

I've never bowel cleansed this way but it seems to be a lot better than eating while trying to bowel cleanse. Also, I am using some juice to give the p&b some flavor; half water/half juice with the p&b stuff.

#10 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:05 PM

where do you get those P&B shakes? And roughly how long are you supposed to take them? I thought I read somewhere you can do some type of enema cleanse. Like put a certain liquid in your rectum and let it go inside a bit.. and its supposed to get things out. Is that similiar to a colon cleanse or part of the program? I'm just feeling very overwhelmed with all this information. heh

Right now I'm mostly confused about the timelines for all these flushes. Parasitic and Colon flushes can be 2-4 weeks? And liver flushes can only be a few days right? Just want to make sure I got this clear atleast.

#11 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Mar 15 2005, 11:43 AM)
I'm doing a TOTAL FAST right now and taking herbs and doing p&b shakes.  When you are eating and doing bowel cleansing, the p&b shakes tend to cling to the food instead of the mucoid plaque.  I have a feeling I've got tons of that stuff I've never gotten out. 

I'll let you guys know how it goes.  So far right now, I think I'll probably hit the plaque tomorrow or the next day. 

I've never bowel cleansed this way but it seems to be a lot better than eating while trying to bowel cleanse.  Also, I am using some juice to give the p&b some flavor; half water/half juice with the p&b stuff.

View Post

How long are you doing this for? How do you keep from the hunger driving you mad?

#12 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Mar 15 2005, 03:41 PM)
How long are you doing this for? How do you keep from the hunger driving you mad?

View Post

After about 2 1/2 to 3 days into fasting, you don't feel hungry anymore. At least I don't. You start to feel light and good and food doesn't appeal.

#13 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:34 PM

Lol, you feel light and good because that's how your body is coping with starvation, it's releasing hormones and whatnot.

#14 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:36 PM

I dont really think its healthy to starve yourself like that. sad.gif
OUt right dangerous actually, but oh well, they are your bodies. sad.gif
The most Ive ever fasted was one day..and it seemed like a really bad thing for me to be doing, with an eating disorder history and all.
Good luck to anyone choosing to pursue it though, please be safe!

#15 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Mar 16 2005, 06:36 PM)
I dont really think its healthy to starve yourself like that. sad.gif
OUt right dangerous actually, but oh well, they are your bodies. sad.gif
The most Ive ever fasted was one day..and it seemed like a really bad thing for me to be doing, with an eating disorder history and all.
Good luck to anyone choosing to pursue it though, please be safe!

View Post

Yeah, well an eating disorder is far more unhealthy and dangerous than fasting, and you shouldn't fast if you have one.

#16 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Mar 16 2005, 06:34 PM)
Lol, you feel light and good because that's how your body is coping with starvation, it's releasing hormones and whatnot.

View Post

... exactly! i've noticed when my caloric intake is much lower than it should be for a day or so, I'll experience a slight increase in breakouts and attribute this to the hormonal inbalance and stress brought on by not consuming enough food (which by the way is never 'intended' but rather stupid poor planning on my part).
i'm personally not convinced that the positive effects of fasting (what are they?) ever outweigh the risks.

#17 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:37 AM

I was wondering if somebody could recommend a book on this cleansing subject. I've seen like 50 books listed on curezone.. :o Hard to figure out the right ones.

I also seen some books on alternative medicine.. seems to be a ton of different approaches to better health besides cleansing.. crazy stuff heh

#18 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

Something to think about..

It seemed for me a healthy medium was taking the shakes, drinking a ton of water and then sticking to foods like soups and maybe a light salad. I noticed when I did that a lot of MP came out..as opposed to eating more bulkier stuff like beans and whole grains. MIght be a good idea for those who dont wanna fast completely, like a veggie soup diet or something..