Photo

Sleep problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 heymikey

heymikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:06 AM

OK, I think I may have to stop taking melatonin. Five days ago, I was clear with the exception of the red marks and it has been like that for several months now. Now, ever since I started taking melatonin, I have 7 active zits on my face. Anyway, I was taking 1.5 mg of melatonin.

I don't have insomia, but I just wanted a well-rested sleep. I am thinking of switching to Valerian but will that cause me to break out too?

Anybody here who took melatonin and it broke them out too?

#42 Jay_68

Jay_68

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Wolfkeeper @ Apr 17 2005, 05:23 PM)
What dose are you guys/gals taking?

The research suggests 0.3 mg is optimal... higher doses give nightmares. Most commercial offerings start at about 1mg in my experience.

View Post

The dosage is between 0.1-0.5 mg, higher dose can be harmful and not recommended at all. For some reason it is not so widespead among medical practitioners.
If you have sleep problems, there can be several thousand causes of insomnia, and it is likely that melatonin or any other prescribed medicine cannot solve it.
Anyway, it is a bad idea to take sleeping pills every night. It is well known that those who are taking sleeping pills have significantly shorter life time.
Acne and depression are related to each other, often come together. Sleep problems are typical signs of depression/bipolar disease. Although, we don't know whether acne makes depression worse, or acne is a psychosomatic disease or both have the same origin (that we don't know yet smile.gif
What we know for sure is that our civilized lifestile can cause stress and not all of us tolerate it well. Long time stress causes psychical problems, and hormonal disfunction/disbalance. And maybe this way as acne is highly related to our hormonal status, thus stress truly one cause of acne.
Who knows the ultimate solution for the cure of acne? When we will have the answer, we can cure most of the civilisation diseases. But this is just a dream.

#43 Wolfy

Wolfy

Formerly Known As Wolfkeeper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(Jay_68 @ Apr 29 2005, 03:57 PM)
Anyway, it is a bad idea to take sleeping pills every night. It is well known that those who are taking sleeping pills have significantly shorter life time.

View Post

Careful here, melatonin isn't a sleeping pill in any normal sense of the word. I would be fairly surprised if it shortened lifespan.

"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."