This topic is archived.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mariaa

Mariaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

I don't know if many of you have heard of this kind of therapy, but a while ago i read somewhere that if you put a bottle of water with blue plastic wrapping in the sun for two hours and drink it (it only lasts 3-5 days) then your acne will get better. Iv come to know now that its called solarized water and you can do it with heaps of colors.. (color therapy)
Basically, color therapy is the application of color in various ways for healing and maintaining optimum health. Its apparently one of the most powerful ways to prevent health problems.
Color therapy is a holistic practice concerned with nourishing and balancing vital life energy and is complementary to all other holistic practices such as homeopathy, yoga, massage therapy, reflexology, chiropractic, acupuncture, Riki, naturopathy, and so on. Color therapy is the fastest growing spa treatment in the United States.

Solarized water is stored in a bottle of a particular color and exposed to the sun and it becomes solarized and gains the properties of that color. Drinking this energized water is recommend for various aliments. Edwin D. Babbit (The Principles of Light and Color published in 1878) cured a variety of ailments by the therapeutic application of sunlight through various colors of glass. "Solar elixirs" or sun-charged water is an old science that has been lost..

When treating acne, the best color to use is blue.

Blue

Blue is the purest, coolest and deepest color of the spectrum and stands for rest, relaxation, sleep, regeneration and communication. Blue decreases blood pressure and heart rate, dissolves nervousness and stress and has a very calming effect on the entire organism. It is very effective in the treatment of headaches and sleep disorders. Blue is also a highly effective color for meditation, communication, spiritual growth and high mental qualities. Blue will help bring about the expression of one's creative power while bringing the individual to a state of peace and holistic balance.

Some conditions treated with the color Blue:

Acne
Colic
Insomnia
Jaundice
Anxiety & Panic
Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
Teething problems in babies. Stings, itches, rashes.
Calms a fever.
Thyroid imbalance.
Decreases redness in a very ruddy complexion - bathe face with blue water and leave to dry naturally.
Gargle for sore throat.

If you all are intrested at trying this, this is wat u do:
What u need:

1. A clean glass or bottle

2. Yourchosen color (for acne its blue or violet) of plastic wrapping. its best to use celaphane

3. An elastic band

so what you do is fill the bottle with water (pring water), wrap it up with the celaphane, and put the elastic band on it so it wont fall apart and put it in the sunlight for 3 or s hours. in the winter you gotta leave it out all day so enough light is reflected into the bottle.

So thats it
let me know what ya'll think and if anyone has ever heard of this.. smile.gif

if your intrested ill just post the other colors also smile.gif

RED

Red is used in Color Therapy when life forces need to be stimulated or renewed. Red is a strong physical stimulant that will help restore vitality, courage and self-confidence. Red activates blood circulation and the sympathetic nervous system. It helps with problems of the sensory nerves - hearing, taste, smell, vision and touch. Red stimulates the metabolism and purification.

Conditions that can be treated with red light
Bathe chilblains.
For tiredness and lethargy, sip glass of red water in the morning to help get you going.
Warming on a cold day. Sip glass in the morning.
Helps raise low blood pressure. Boosts sluggish circulation.

ORANGE

Orange is used as a stimulant to the emotional center, to bring about a renewed sense of enthusiasm for life and to tap into a greater happiness and joy. It is also a strong creative stimulant providing an opening to inspiration and the energy to bring our visions to reality. In color therapy Orange is used for a variety of breathing and lung problems such as asthma and bronchitis. Orange has an anti-depressant and anti-lethargic effect strengthening the metabolism and promoting health.

Conditions that can be treated using orange light
Digestive system.
Menstrual problems. Period pains.
Cramp, muscle spasms.
May be helpful for lifting depression.

YELLOW

Yellow is a combination of the RED & GREEN rays and therefore is both stimulating and regenerating. Yellow is very advantageous for the nerves and the brain bringing a sharpening of the mental abilities. In Color Therapy it is used for psychological problems like melancholy, depression and world-wariness. Standing for lightness and cheerfulness it enlivens and comforts. Yellow carries additional physical benefits in its effects on the nutritional organs; the liver, intestines, stomach, spleen and bladder. Purification and elimination through the liver, color and skin are promoted by the Yellow ray.

Conditions that can be treated using yellow light
Good for study, helps concentration, alertness, reasoning and logic.
Laxative, diuretic.
Weight corrective - tumbler of yellow water half an hour before eating.
Urine infections.
Cleanse the skin after removing makeup

GREEN

Green symbolizes the harmonic cycles of nature and is the main healing color. It stands for balance, harmony, love, and growth. In color therapy it is used primarily to soothe irritation, bring balance and promote healing and growth. Green is the color of nitrogen which is the main component of our atmosphere and which is integral to the formation of bones, muscles and other tissues. Consequently a Green treatment is excellent for soothing soreness and tired muscles while promoting their regeneration. Green tends to have a very stabilizing, balancing and calming effect of the entire energy system. It is the color of energy, youth, hope, growth and love.

Conditions that can be treated with green light
Eases stress, can be used for lowering of high blood pressure.
Strengthens the immune system.
If an animal is upset use green solarized water in the drinking bowl and green bedding material.
Shock - green water with Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, wrap yourself in a green silk/pure cotton scarf.

VIOLET

Violet is used in color therapy as a powerful healing energy with strong purification properties. On the physical level it stimulates the spleen and purifies the blood. It is considered an inspiring and spiritual energy. Lleonardo da Vinci wrote: The power of meditation can be increased ten times through the application of Violet light. It is excellent for getting in contact with our spiritual / higher selves and advancing ourselves on the path of enlightenment.

Conditions that can be treated with violet
Purifying.
Restores calm to mind.
Nervous headache, migraine.
Acne - bathe skin and leave to dry naturally and also drink water.
Also improves skin, where blemishes and scar tissue are present.
Psoriasis - rinse hair with violet water.
Insomnia - as with indigo, or concentrate on violet colour for 3 minutes before putting out bedside light.

#2 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Sounds interesting. However, where do you find blue or violet or red bottles like those? Or where can you buy colored filters to cover bottles in?

#3 (eLLe)

(eLLe)

eh?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

lol, it's interesting. but i highly doubt it will cure acne. but i'd be happy to change my mind if somebody actually brings up REAL evidence for this practice.

#4 Mariaa

Mariaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Mar 13 2005, 03:24 PM)
Sounds interesting. However, where do you find blue or violet or red bottles like those? Or where can you buy colored filters to cover bottles in?

View Post

You can get the cellophane (i think it is it coloured filter paper in) from any newsagentcy cant you? i know the ones here are packed with it where all the gift wrapping, cards, and tissue paper are..

QUOTE((eLLe) @ Mar 13 2005, 03:45 PM)
lol, it's interesting. but i highly doubt it will cure acne. but i'd be happy to change my mind if somebody actually brings up REAL evidence for this practice.

View Post

lol, yeh its a little odd isnt it tongue.gif but its an ancient technique used and its amoung all those other techniques like meditation, yoga, chinese medicine (accupunture and alll those herbs) so if those can work than so can this. not just for acne but for overall health. and since most of us a kinda down n stresed about our acne, then we can try the other colors too to make us happy! lol, wahhh tongue.gif I mean its so simple, put a bottle of water wrapped in cellophane outside and then drink it.. u cant gulp it onli sip it. u shud drink like 2-3 glasses of this a day or something, ill look it up..

#5 (eLLe)

(eLLe)

eh?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

Mariaa: just curious, where did you find this information?

#6 Mariaa

Mariaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

well i read about a year or two ago how people drink "blue water" to fix their skin. i thought of it again today and looked up blue water, and then found its acually called solarized water which is in a group of 'treatment' called color therapy.

here are some sites for you all to read :o)

http://store.stormso...ct.php/4079/11/
http://members.shaw....solarwater.html

and theres heaps more , you just have to google it smile.gif

#7 Wickeh

Wickeh

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:14 AM

You could always try I guess but it sounds like someone's escaped from an asylum with marketing ideas.

#8 Mariaa

Mariaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:17 AM

yes, i have just escaped from the baxter detention center and now i plan to get rich by selling cellophane

#9 Wickeh

Wickeh

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Mariaa @ Mar 13 2005, 12:17 PM)
yes, i have just escaped from the baxter detention center and now i plan to get rich by selling cellophane

View Post

Haha dont worry Mariaa, I didn't mean you. But whoever came up with 'solarized' water that gains the 'properties' of a color. I didn't know colors had properties like that, sounds hugely farfetched to me.

EDIT: Also, why need cellophane? Can't you just use an already blue colored plastic bottle (Spa Blue) for example? rolleyes.gif

#10 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(Wickeh @ Mar 13 2005, 05:21 AM)
Haha dont worry Mariaa, I didn't mean you. But whoever came up with 'solarized' water that gains the 'properties' of a color. I didn't know colors had properties like that, sounds hugely farfetched to me.

EDIT: Also, why need cellophane? Can't you just use an already blue colored plastic bottle (Spa Blue) for example? rolleyes.gif

View Post

You should be able to. It's quite a coincidence because my brother, just the other day, brought home a blue glass bottle from work so I have water in that sitting in the sun right now smile.gif just for fun. Would it not be better to leave the bottle outside in the sun rather than just placing it on a windowsill though?

http://12121.hosting...bottle 10ml.JPG

That's pretty much exactly the color the bottle is.