5 replies to this topic

#1 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

CJB,
In a few weeks I will be teaching a class (for a grade) and one of the areas I will be covering is increased vegetable consumption. So my vision is to provide a handout that covers shopping, cooking methods and at least 1 - 2 great tasting recipes that a non-vegetable lover could use to increase their consumption.

I remember that you said that your mom knows how to cook vegetarian/vegan meals so that they taste better than the real thing and was wondering if you have a favorite sauce and/or vegetable blend recipe that you care to offer up. Also due to my audience demographics, I was wondering if you know of a great tasting recipe that involvles only ingredients that one could get from their local Walmart, Costco or regular grocery store?

Thank you so much and I hope all is well with ya eusa_angel.gif
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#2 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

I started looking through my recipes, and realizing a lot of them contain at least one thing that you just can't get at WalMart!

Fiesta Coleslaw
2 cups grated green cabbage (about 1/2 a head)
2 cups grated red cabbage
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup sweet corn (cut off the cob or use canned)
I cucumber, chopped
Toss with Avocado Lime Sauce:
1/2 cup avocado, mashed
2 Tbl. herbed vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup water
dash of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Blend in blender until smooth.

If you like, garnish with tomatoes, cilantro, pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#3 Nathini

Nathini

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

Wow, that looks amazing. I'm glad I was lurking here and saw it because I'm going to try it. If I can think of any good recipes to offer in exchange I will.
Only connect...

#4 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Nathini @ Mar 13 2005, 10:34 AM)
Wow, that looks amazing.  I'm glad I was lurking here and saw it because I'm going to try it.  If I can think of any good recipes to offer in exchange I will.

View Post

LOL, I agree that sounds very good. Thanks CJB for the recipe. I've actually recently made myself a simpler version of this using coleslaw mix in the bag (i.e. salad in a bag brand), albacore tuna (it's my fav. kind and I dont eat it often), adding extra version olive oil, fresh lemon juice, plus black pepper and either salt or some seasoing blend. If I have them handly I'll add green onions and chopped celery. Yet I love cilantro and thought about grabbing some the other day but it was next to the parsley so either they didn't have any or I couldn't tell it apart from the parsley so I just didn't grab any. Yet I never thought about adding Lime juice and jalepenos, so thank you for that. I love how it has this southwest, or Fiesta style to it and the herbed vinegar sounds yummy!

Thanks again CJB =)
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#5 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:44 PM

Is it an "acne" cooking class, Sweetjade??
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#6 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Mar 13 2005, 02:44 PM)
Is it an "acne" cooking class, Sweetjade??

View Post

LOL, no it's a how to prevent or manage Insulin Resistance through diet class, but I do mention health problems that are associated with IR ;-)

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users