Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJade1980

CJB & Other Vegetable Lovers

6 posts in this topic

CJB,

In a few weeks I will be teaching a class (for a grade) and one of the areas I will be covering is increased vegetable consumption. So my vision is to provide a handout that covers shopping, cooking methods and at least 1 - 2 great tasting recipes that a non-vegetable lover could use to increase their consumption.

I remember that you said that your mom knows how to cook vegetarian/vegan meals so that they taste better than the real thing and was wondering if you have a favorite sauce and/or vegetable blend recipe that you care to offer up. Also due to my audience demographics, I was wondering if you know of a great tasting recipe that involvles only ingredients that one could get from their local Walmart, Costco or regular grocery store?

Thank you so much and I hope all is well with ya eusa_angel.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I started looking through my recipes, and realizing a lot of them contain at least one thing that you just can't get at WalMart!

Fiesta Coleslaw

2 cups grated green cabbage (about 1/2 a head)

2 cups grated red cabbage

1 cup grated carrots

1 cup sweet corn (cut off the cob or use canned)

I cucumber, chopped

Toss with Avocado Lime Sauce:

1/2 cup avocado, mashed

2 Tbl. herbed vinegar

1/4 cup lime juice

2 garlic cloves, pressed

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

3 Tbs. olive oil

1/2 cup water

dash of sea salt and black pepper to taste.

Blend in blender until smooth.

If you like, garnish with tomatoes, cilantro, pumpkin or sunflower seeds.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

Wow, that looks amazing. I'm glad I was lurking here and saw it because I'm going to try it. If I can think of any good recipes to offer in exchange I will.

Only connect...

Wow, that looks amazing.  I'm glad I was lurking here and saw it because I'm going to try it.  If I can think of any good recipes to offer in exchange I will.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Is it an "acne" cooking class, Sweetjade??

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

Is it an "acne" cooking class, Sweetjade??

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research: