Photo

Skin peeling (medication and tea tree oil)

4 replies to this topic

#1 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:09 PM

Three years back I went to the doctor about my acne. She classified my acne as 'severe', and put me on the strongest medication that was avaliable on my country's national health service which was composed of anti-biotics and a skin cream. After 3 weeks or so my acne was gone (until i stopped taking the anti-biotics then it came back even worse than before). The curious thing about this was whilst on the medication my skin started 'peeling', I put this down to the cream, and to be frank, I didn't care as I wasn't too attached to my skin at that point anyway.

Also, I've been using tea tree for three years as well, this never caused my skin to peel.

Since I started going down the diet route my skins got a hell of a lot better, and now my skins started to peel again around where the occasional spot comes up. And when I use tea tree oil it causes the peeling to get worse/better and makes my skin around the acne infected area to become red. I don't care about this that much really, as it seems to be the healing process. At least my skins on my side now!

But it seems awfully odd. Anyone else experienced this?

#2 Nathini

Nathini

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

Your skin may be too sensitive at the moment for pure TTO. I've had that problem before and yes it does cause flaking and redness. Why don't you buy some pure aloe vera gel and squeeze out enough to moisturize your face, then add a few drops of TTO. This should give you a nice, tingly feeling all over your face but nothing too strong. Aloe is good for red marks, as well. If you don't want to use aloe, people also recommend emu oil, jojoba oil and hazelnut oil. You can add a few drops of TTO to the carrier oil and use it as a night time moisturizer. Once your face become less aggravated then you may be able to start using straight TTO.
Only connect...

#3 meowmix1234

meowmix1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

You could also use witch hazel with the tea trea oil...thayers has a version with aloe vera in it ... works really well. I wouldn't recommend pure Tea Tree Oil on your face though it will burn the crap out of it and yeah make your face look even worse.

#4 Supremeone

Supremeone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

I use tea tree oil by itself. It dries out the skin a bit. But in my opinion its very effective for peeling off big pimples. I love it. Not sure about that comment of making your face look worse though :o

#5 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

Well actually my skin peels without using TTO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users