Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potatoes

9 posts in this topic

I've read that potatoes can irritate acne, and this is giving me a stroke because mashed potatoes are one of my favourite foods.

Has it been found that the majority of people are over-irritated from this simple.. white.. delicious.. vegetable? Also, what about sweet potatoes? Orange/yellow vegetables are seemingly very good.

All i know is that potatoas are high in gluten, so i avoid them. I would also like to know if sweet potatos are ok.

Tom

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Awww mannn.. gluten cry.gif My new enemy.

At least I still have squash, which I love just as much, if not more biggrin.gif And it's a nice orange colour too!

I've read that potatoes can irritate acne, and this is giving me a stroke because mashed potatoes are one of my favourite foods.

Has it been found that the majority of people are over-irritated from this simple.. white.. delicious.. vegetable? Also, what about sweet potatoes? Orange/yellow vegetables are seemingly very good.

Yeah, sweet potatoes are good for you - regular potatoes are liable to cause acne though because they're high on the GI scale. It does depend how they're cooked - baked potatoes are the worst.

Yeah, sweet potatoes are good for you - regular potatoes are liable to cause acne though because they're high on the GI scale. It does depend how they're cooked - baked potatoes are the worst.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain