Photo

Topical Vitamin A?

vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
432 replies to this topic

#41 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

I have been using this now for four weeks and I have been using waaaay more than a two or three drops! I also apply it in the morning for about 15 minutes before I shower. (have I been using too much???)

I am still oily on my forehead, but getting better. my cheeks, chin, and nose have improved more dramatically. Still breaking out but that too is getting slowly better. Still getting small white heads daily but my fingers are crossed that this will get better, too.

Keep us updated on your progress, as I seem to be in the minority of still having oily skin after a month. But then again, I was still oily on Accutane 120 mg in my last month of treatment. eusa_wall.gif

#42 Aynon

Aynon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

Holy frioles! You took 120 mg/day of Accutane!

I use 10-20 drops at night. About 4 drops in the morning.

#43 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:31 PM

lol.gif Yes, holy frioles, indeed!!! lol.gif

That's what the 2nd derm said when I went in for my 2nd course of Accutane!!. (had to switch because I switched insurance co.) They couldn't believe it either. Still didn't help! 2nd course was only 80mg/day but for seven months (until I developed severe back spasms and had to be taken off immediately!)

Still crossing my fingers that this is the answer. It certainly makes sense to me. eusa_pray.gif

#44 celtpri

celtpri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

hey guys just put my first application of the vitamin cure on. I am going to use it in the morning after I shower and shave and leave it on the whole day. That makes more sense to me then washing it off in 15 minutes,.

#45 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

Welcome Celtpri! Don't you think it is too shiny to wear all day? Are you also leaving it on all night? Keep up posted on your results!

#46 kepper3

kepper3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:14 AM

Update: 3 Days

It's been three days now and the oiliness is a little less, nothing too significant. I upped the drops to 4 in the evening and then 4 in the morning for 20 min. My skin has gotten a little dry, so I think I will up the amount I put on slowly so that my skin can get used to it. I've gotten a couple of new pimples, but they are very small and are already going away.

Thanks Lola-1 and Aynon for the replies and help. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

#47 celtpri

celtpri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

I only use about 5 drops in the morning, and i rub it in as good as i can. compared to how oily my face was before, this shine is nothing! cant you relate to that?

#48 asparagus

asparagus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

oh no!
vitamin a isnt what does it...
its the acid form of vitamin a...
i take vitamin a but thats only for general skin health... not a cure-all...

#49 Guest_TylerD_*

Guest_TylerD_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

This stuff sounds kinda hardcore how are the results going for you.

#50 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

celtpri - I can relate, but as a girl, I use powder and blotting paper to keep from looking too oily all day.

TylerD - my skin is not flaky at all - I'm still using a lot of BP with it to help get over the inital breakout. I was considering going on Retin A but decided to use this instead. It has a lot of non-comedogenic oils in it (looked them up) and I feel it has made my skin softer. Every day the acne seems to be improving and I feel better about it every day. As I posted before, I think it has even smoothed out some laugh lines ( I am 35) Check out thevitamincure.com for more info.

Please keep posting your results.

#51 asparagus

asparagus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

there is nothing wrong with a man using blotting paper.

#52 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

sorry asparagus - didn't mean to offend any guys out there! My point was that I personally tried everything I could to avoid looking oily all day, which is why I wouldn't wear the vitamin A all day and look oily on purpose. I wear makeup and therefore, need blotting papers to avoid messing up the makeup. friends? wub.gif

#53 wally36

wally36

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hey guys. Had a week off so I decided to go all out with a "super treatment" and wear it day and night and try to use up a whole bottle in 9 days. After eight days I'm about half way through one bottle. Of course I've been stuck inside watching Sopranos and MST3K reruns since the manufacturer said sunlight kills vitamin A, besides I don't want to walk around in the public with the shine. (I had enough of that before I started.)

Wearing it 24 hours a day caused more tiny zits to pop out, but no where as bad as the first few weeks. I've noticed that if I pop them quick they fade away quickly but if I let them go, they get worse and take a long time to fade. Right corner of my lips are cracked but not as bad as Accutane. Got a pimple inside my nostril! I guess the vitamin A oil seeped in there.

All in all my face is getting very smooth, especially my cheeks. Don't even have one blackhead on my nose anymore, and I used to have lots. Basically the more you put on, the more zits come out, and the worse you'll look in the short run, but the better you'll look in the long haul. eusa_angel.gif

#54 lilchicken

lilchicken

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

Could you use Life Extension's vitamin A topically? I have a bottle of that lying around that I don't take anymore because apparently it will DESTROY ME!!!

I'll smell like cinnamon I know that much...

#55 Aynon

Aynon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:40 PM

I am megapissed right now. mad.gif

jh11OK started this thread:

http://www.acne.org/...pic=51745&st=20

, saying Vitamin A gave him "Increased pressure in my skull" and claimed that Vitamin A was absorbed through his skin. However I had actually got a blood test cause I was worried that my lips were a little dry, and it weren't abnormal. So when I posted that info, he ignores me at first then charges me with lying. WTF! I wish I could punch someone through my computer screen cause I'd like to "Increase the pressure on his skull" Big time!

#56 kepper3

kepper3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hey Aynon - I was on that thread too and I posted a response to him basically saying that I thought he was just still experiencing the side effects from the Accutane because there was only like 5 days between the time he stopped tane and the time he started the topical vitA. He just blew it off as unrelated, saying he was of course still experiencing some of the tane side effects, but that they get "boosted" from the topical vitA when he applies it.

Personally I'm not buying it. No one on here has posted anything about having these kinds of serious tane-type side effects. I haven't and I've been using this topical stuff (and steadily upping the amount each time) for a week now, and I'm not even experiencing the dryness that I was for the first few days. Of course some of the vitA is getting absorbed into the bloodstream, but I don't think that it is a significant amount at all.

I wouldn't get too upset over him Aynon, he's probably just one of those people that have to have something to whine about, and they'll make it up if they have to. Or maybe he's just a hypochondriac?

Anyone using this and experiencing serious side effects - please post.

#57 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

I for one have had absolutely, positvely no adverse side effects (other than the initial purge period). As a matter of fact, I haven't even had a smidge of dryness at all. My skin is very soft. No dry lips. And definitely no back spasms like I had on Accutane (the 2nd time around).

Anyone else?

#58 Lola-1

Lola-1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:37 PM

btw - I am starting week 5 of using this

#59 MrsTee

MrsTee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

hi lilchickn, I bought some of that life extension vitamin a too. you're right about the cinnamin. it's called cassia oil. i know because a long time ago when i was back in middle school my next door neighbor who was also my boyfriend at the time used to soak toothpicks in a cassia oil and sell them at school as peppermint sticks for a quarter each. they were too strong for me but he made a lot of money until the principle made him stop selling it. it's kinda rough putting cinnamin oil on face though as you already know.

#60 kepper3

kepper3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:07 AM

Update - Day 10

I'm in the 2nd week purge breakout phase. Its not horrible though. Got three new pimples, one rather large, but they are going away after just a couple of days. Still not a really significant change in the oilyness. I am using 10 drops at night and 4-5 drops in the morning. Should I use more to get better results?

Lola-1, I know that you said you didn't see much of a reduction in your oilyness initially either. How is it going now at 5 weeks?