Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wally36

Topical Vitamin A?

433 posts in this topic

I once tried putting just regular vitamin A topically on my face and it made me break out extremely bad! dont do it, it was one of the worst days of my life. It could have been because the vitamin A capsule I took was cod liver oil ewwwww. And yeah, you can OD and die on vitamin A so dont take too much!

If you took the reqular 5,000 to 10,000 IU vitamin A softgel capsules, you would definitely break out coz they are based on cod-liver oil and they smell kinda fishy too. You should use the Sanofi-Sythelabo "AFAXIN brand" 50,000 IU on your face coz it is based on a different oil base formula. You can only OD and die on Vitamin A if you take it orally, if you apply it topically then there is no danger about it.

Like i said if you are going to apply Topical Vitamin A, better get the "RETINYL ACETATE" or "RETINOL ACETATE" version as they work faster and would never cause you to break out coz they are water based as well as water soluble version of vitamin A. It is even 10X better than the VItamincure brand but they are sure hell hard to find and alot more expensive. But hey if you want results then you should pay for it.

I just wanna ask you guys a few things...I took retin A my stupid ass dermatologist for another treatment and retin a just erupted my face and now im treating scarring that is mild...I would like to try this vitamin A cure topical since it's ive heard it gets good results...but tell me is it gonna cause the side effects that retin A did? I'm thinkin about getting a 15 percent TCA peel for my pigmented acne scars let me know!

Andrew's Current Diabolical Face Reality Regimen...

Bright and Early

-------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub

2.) Ice Pack

3.) Salicylic Toner

4.) Glycolic Acid Serum

5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny

------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub

2.) Ice Pack

3.) Salicylic Toner

4.) BP gel 5% (Vaseline on Friday)

PS I am selling my SciArt bulb and it is rated at 16,991/17,000 hours for 105$. Contact me if you're interested!

Hey guys. Just an update on Topical Vitamin-A. for me sebum production is a bit lower than before but it did not completely suppress oil production but at leas i have fewer breakouts now :).. the only thing that i could possibly swear 100% is that topical vitamin-A does really makes the skin softer and has a more refined appearance. Keep testing guys.. By the way i've found another person testing topical vitamin-A and topical beta-carotene check this out. This guy has some interesting stuffs too.. This guy is using Afaxin vitamin-A capsules as i have suggested before.

http://diyacnecare.blogspot.com/

hmm, so this really works not only to cut down on oil but pretty much stop it altogether? awesome. i was iffy about taking vitamin a supplements but i don't see how a topical application would get to your liver. would it be safe to do the topical and also take a vitamin a supplement, do you think?

It's hard to kill yourself with too much oral Vitamin A without really trying hard by injecting, eating or drinking something bizarre, but at sufficiently high doses over long enough it can cause adverse health effects. It's definitely something that can dry out your skin and reduce acne, as it was often recommended by derms long before Retin-A and Accutane ever came out. A dozen small gel pills a day over the course of months or years will likely weaken leg bones, harden ligaments & tendons in the feet, stress the liver, and produce headaches. Similar to the effects of isotrentinoin.

It seems to be a myth that some acne treatments will first directly make you worse before they make you better because they're "bringing out" the acne that was underneath. Accutane appears to do that indirectly because people stop doing their normal routine when they begin.

In my experience, mineral oil and petroleum jelly are less pore-clogging than jojoba oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, and a lot of the "natural oils" people say are noncomedogenic. Vitamin A topicals isn't a bad idea, it's just a bad base it's in. There are also creams and gels they could probably suspend the retinyl palmitate in, too. They could just be using strait retinol or one of other non-prescription As. Most A products, though, are way too weak or contain SAL acid or BP in it that de-activates the A.

Low dose oral antibiotics for the long-term. Hibiclens morning and night in the shower. Occassional max strength triple-antibiotic white petroleum jelly all over the face (rarely, now). And occassionally salicylic acid wipes prep followed by 10% benzoyl peroxide PanOxyl (deactivates the Hibiclens, though). If you can afford oral or topical retinoids, you should try them.

thanks wally! i am not going to put vitamin a on my skin but i will start juicing dem carrots up as obama would say. i will juice up dem carrots and put it on my face. i have only done this once in my life and it made my face look really orange. i will stick with it for 2 months and see if it works because honestly i have nothing else to use right now topically and this makes sense since its like retinol. if i purge tonight then i know its gonna work!