Photo

Isolagen (N-Lite and Subcision) - UK treatments

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
344 replies to this topic

#1 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2003 - 02:04 PM

I am having the Isolagen treatment by Dr Anthony Chu. I have had the sample taken from behind my ear and hope to have the first injection in 8 weeks. Dr Chu quoted me 10 weeks rather than 6 and I assume it is because I have lots of scars and as I'm quite old, I guess the cells might take longer to replicate! Anyway, I will post after my first injection.

He offered me a very fair package of £2,500 for the Isolagen treatment, plus n-lite, plus subcision. He has also offered to fill in a few fine lines/wrinkles. A few months after the final Isolagen injection, he will review the progress and may provide an additional treatment if necessary.

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:06 PM

Good luck Lola - have you got any before photos? I am wondering why you are getting all this done - I thought that the microderm products and subcision had worked out for you.

#3 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2003 - 05:17 PM

Thank you for letting us know and please keep us up to date on your results when you get a chance. :)

#4 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2003 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for your good wishes. I have had a few subcision treatments and they have definitely helped. However, I have lots of scars (at least 60) and some are/were very deep. No matter how successful the subcision is, I don't think they will level out or fill up without some sort of filler. Maya, I think you might have confused me with somebody else. I've had about 20 microderm treatments but these didn't help the pitted scars.

#5 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2003 - 04:19 AM

Oops sorry Lola - but best of luck anyway!

Dr Chu sounds familiar - is he based at Hammersmith hospital, London? I seem to recall his name against some research on N-Lite.

#6 New4You

New4You

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2003 - 12:55 PM

Isolagen - that being 'pushed' over here in Australia as well at the moment. I'm suprised that this hasnt been discussed on this board before - I don't want to sound too gullable or anything (we've all got our hopes up in the past hoping in a miracle cure) ..... but this really does sound promising. I'm definately going to look into it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it (successes/failures?).

Anyway, best of luck with your program - you know that we are all behind you and hoping for the best.

peace and love

New4You

:)

#7 crappyskin

crappyskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2003 - 03:50 PM

Isolagen treatment, plus n-lite, plus subcision -- cool, in what order are they performed, and how many treatments of each are you going to have?

£2500 I can just about afford that I guess, but it would be nice to get it off health insurance, do you have private health insurance, and if you do, did you manage to get them to pay up?

oh, and good luck! :)

--CS

#8 crappyskin

crappyskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:49 AM

wow, I'm supprised there hasnt been loads of interest in this on these boards, it sounds really promising.

everyone should check out the web site... http://www.isolagen.com

#9 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:01 AM

OMG - I just looked at that link - it does look amazingly impressive - I want it!!!! But... I don't have the £2,500 :) so will have to make do with needling and peels.

#10 max5558

max5558

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:31 AM

Really does look amazing...I think I might buy their stock which is listed on the stock exchange!!!!

For those interested, the symbol is (ILE).

#11 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:36 AM

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I haven't got pictures yet but will keep you all updated. I'll be your guinea pig for this treatment!

It does sound good but I have had so many different treatments and had great hopes for all, so I'll be cautious in this instance and just hope for the best.

Maya, Dr Chu is the doctor who performed the n-lite trials in London. He told me that 2 treatments spaced 3 weeks apart are necessary, but optimal results don't occur on everyone because we are all different. (I guess it's the same with most treatments - they work well on some but not others). I had n-lite about two years ago at a beauty salon and I didn't see any results, just a lighter wallet!

Somebody on the Voy board posted that Dr Chu would do her subcision then immediately inject the first isolagen injection. I think she said he would follow up with n-lite after the three injections, to ensure optimal collagen formation.

In my case, I had the subcision at the same time as the biopsy from behind my ear. I had the n-lite done at the same time, but this was on a high setting for my red spider veins. (I didn't realize it could treat these, but they are definitely fading and some have gone completely.) This n-lite treatment leaves bruising (1 week) compared to the collagen promoting setting which didn't. I chose to have this n-lite and subcision done at the same time because I could take time off work for the bruising to fade.

CS, with regard the cost, I feel the package Dr Chu offered is very fair. I am paying for this privately but some medical insurance companies might cover this type of treatment.

I have previously had treatments by two other doctors in London, and believe Dr Chu is the most experienced in acne scars. I also feel comfortable with him and believe he is doctor who is very interested and dedicated to his field, and making money out of patients isn't his priority.

#12 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for that info Lola - I really hope it all works out for you. £2,500 isn't a lot if it all works out. It's cheaper than laser, has less down time and uses all the latest technology.

Keep posting updates please - because this sounds like a potentially effective combo.

#13 enigma

enigma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:26 AM

like to know more abt it.
had acne scars wiating to be erased away!
pls help!

wayne :)

#14 enigma

enigma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:56 AM

Is this isolagen suitable for asian skin?

like to know thanks
wayne
:)

#15 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:24 PM

Enigma, I think it is probably more suitable than laser resurfacing because it involves injecting your own cells under the pits. I think with every skin type, some trauma from any treatment (even from injections) can cause some pigmentation/brusing, but this usually fades.

#16 max5558

max5558

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:11 PM

When will this be approved so it's offered in the U.S???????

#17 max5558

max5558

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2003 - 02:51 PM

Lola, please keep us updated with this procedure. I for one believe it is the only way to rid scars completely!

I would be really interested in knowing when and/or if you start to see improvement...

When are you getting your first injection :?:

Thanks!

MAX

#18 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2003 - 02:54 AM

Hi Max
I'm pretty busy and sometimes don't access the board till weekends, so sorry for the late reply. I hope to have my first injection in mid-June. However, there is somebody on the Voy board who is still waiting for her injection after 12 weeks (I think sometimes the cells take longer to multiply). There are a few people on the Voy board who are having the treatment and there is a guy from the states who might fly over for it. I hope it works - it sounds great but so far, I haven't met anybody who has tried it. I'll keep you all posted.

#19 Boston

Boston

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:06 PM

How can I contact Dr. Chu?

#20 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me