Photo

eating salmon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 Ol'Skewl

Ol'Skewl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

It's the omega 3 fatty acids. They are readily digestible in fish, unlike in plants where some may not be able to convert them. Taking fish oil is economical and effective. For about $3 a month you can get all the omega 3 you need this way. Take the fish oil in liquid form not in the liquid gel caps.

I get mine from bodybuilding.com It's health From the Sun ultra omega 3(Lemon Lime flavour). The shipping is extremely cheap to Canada so I imagine it's even better in the states. I got about 4 months worth including shipping for $14.

Omega-3s have been shown to work wonders on skin inflammations, disease, and overall skin perfection, such as softer, smoother, healthier skin. Dr. John A. Grossman, board certified aesthetic plastic surgeon, states, ‘For softer skin, get plenty of omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.’ Due to these findings, several companies have designed sprays, foods, and other supplements containing omega-3s for smoother skin.

Deficiency in omega-3s can produce several skin disorders such as dermatitis, skin atrophy, scaly dermatitis, edema, dry skin, and much more.

These benefits are attributed to enhanced skin blood flow, decreased PG2s, and its role in anti-inflammation.

(Sonya Dakar Omega - 3 Repair Complex, Scarred Skin by Joy Beauty)

(Sea Pet -- omega-3 fish oil, essential fatty acids for dogs, cats)

(Suzuki R, Shimizu T, Kudo T, Ohtsuka Y, Yamashiro Y, Oshida K.Effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on dermatitis in NC/Nga mice.)

1. Enhanced insulin sensitivity- n6 can promote insulin resistance, while n3 leads to increased insulin sensitivity. This in itself is more than enough reason to lower w6s and raise w3s.
2. Reduced PG2s- series two prostaglandins have been shown to promote several diseases, and are quite catabolic. The strongest agent against this is the omega-3, EPA. By increasing your omega-3s, you will decrease your risk for disease and avoid the negative effects of the aforementioned hormone. This will likewise decrease inflammation, improve your immune system, prevent cardiovascular diseases, and much more.
3. Increased Derivates- as stated earlier, w6s have a much stronger negative effect on w3 metabolism. By increasing this, you will help balance/optimize eicosanoid production.
4. Maximum results- overall, omega-3s have a stronger and wider list of benefits than omega-6s. Your skin will improve drastically, nervous system will be enhanced, joints and inflammation will decrease at a higher rate, increased thermogenesis, and the prevention of several diseases, such as cardiac-related ones.

Omega 3's are vital. However, the proper ratios of fatty acids are essential.

I recommend around a 2:1 and 3:1 ratio of omega-3:omega-6.

Here is the one I use:

http://www.bodybuild...re/sun/efa.html

Its the only one I have found that has the proper ratio of Omega 3, 6, and 9 and contains primose oil.