hypertrophic

3 replies to this topic

#1 nataliep

nataliep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

I'm going to enter a Diamond Peel course(10 sessions). My doctor said it was the best for hypertrophic scar which is a scar that noone really talks about in here. I was wondering what do you guys think about Diamond peel since my doctor said it was so great, especially for hypertrophic scars.

The more invasive treatments like laser didn't do much for me and I WOULDN"T recommend it to anyone. It takes too long to recover and ofte times it gets worse it's like gambling.

My brother had ice-pick scars (ALL OVER THE FACE) and lines on his forehead and after two treatments he had improved dramatically... but I don't know about hypertrophic...

How do you guys treat your hypertrophic scar?

#2 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(nataliep @ Mar 1 2005, 05:57 PM)
I'm going to enter a Diamond Peel course(10 sessions).  My doctor said it was the best for hypertrophic scar which is a scar that noone really talks about in here.  I was wondering what do you guys think about Diamond peel since my doctor said it was so great, especially for hypertrophic scars.

The more invasive treatments like laser didn't do much for me and I WOULDN"T recommend it to anyone.  It takes too long to recover and ofte times it gets worse it's like gambling.

My brother had ice-pick scars (ALL OVER THE FACE) and lines on his forehead and after two treatments he had improved dramatically... but I don't know about hypertrophic...

View Post

isnt this like micro derm only they use like diamond chips or crushed diamonds, if thats what your talking about, i did that once, I felt i received simular results with the reg. micro derm.

#3 Floridaguy

Floridaguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(nataliep @ Mar 2 2005, 12:57 AM)
I'm going to enter a Diamond Peel course(10 sessions).  My doctor said it was the best for hypertrophic scar which is a scar that noone really talks about in here.  I was wondering what do you guys think about Diamond peel since my doctor said it was so great, especially for hypertrophic scars.

The more invasive treatments like laser didn't do much for me and I WOULDN"T recommend it to anyone.  It takes too long to recover and ofte times it gets worse it's like gambling.

View Post

I had this procedure done several years ago (I think a total of 6) As I recall the benifit was a bit more then Micro Dermabrasion. It realy had little effect other then some improvement to skin tone.

#4 agua2004

agua2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Floridaguy @ Mar 2 2005, 09:24 AM)
I had this procedure done several years ago (I think a total of 6)  As I recall the benifit was a bit more then Micro Dermabrasion.  It realy had little effect other then some improvement to skin tone.

View Post

I too have an hypertrophic scar on my hand, that I won't to get rid of later, but I will go for excision. Probably the best choice for hypertrophic scars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users