Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manolis_04

BURDOCK ROOT

35 posts in this topic

SteveLewis, I'm drinking the Detox tea and it seems to really help so far, I haven't had any new zits since I started drinking it 4 days ago. So I believe there's already enough in the Detox tea to help.

You guys should look into Herb Pharms burdock sarsaparilla compound. It's an extract which means it's in liquid form with the herb extracts being in some grain alcohol. You just add some to your water or tea(I add it to Yogi Detox tea for an extra oomph). It contains a lot of anti-acne herbs in one including burdock seed(I read that the seed is better for acne as it contains more essential oils and is a better blood purifier), nestle seed, sarsaparilla root, yellow dock root, spilanthes flowering herb, and sassafras root bark. It costs, I think, $10.99 for a fluid ounce. It's a great product. Use it alongside the yogi detox tea for even more benefits as the tea contains dandelion which works well with the other ingredients.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

I just drink a cup and then reuse the bag once. Next day I use a new bag and reuse is that same day again, etc... The extract looks really nice but I have no money for it atm... Sucks when your parents dont help and you have to pay everything yourself.

I have Dr. Cabot's book, The Liver Cleansing Diet, and she doesn't like tinctures because of the alcohol content. Besides, I always thought that alcohol was bad on the liver??!! I know it's just a little, but for cleansing the liver, it's kinda funny. Anyway, she prefers dried herbs. <shrug>

HEY! I always wondered Steve. How do you compare herb potencies for dried herbs vs. tinctures??? I have yet to see a tincture bottle say how much in milligrams of an herb it has. I don't understand that. Maybe I didn't look longer enough.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

I have Dr. Cabot's book, The Liver Cleansing Diet, and she doesn't like tinctures because of the alcohol content.  Besides, I always thought that alcohol was bad on the liver??!!  I know it's just a little, but for cleansing the liver, it's kinda funny.  Anyway, she prefers dried herbs. <shrug>

HEY!  I always wondered Steve.  How do you compare herb potencies for dried herbs vs. tinctures???  I have yet to see a tincture bottle say how much in milligrams of an herb it has.  I don't understand that.  Maybe I didn't look longer enough.

I have Dr. Cabot's book, The Liver Cleansing Diet, and she doesn't like tinctures because of the alcohol content.  Besides, I always thought that alcohol was bad on the liver??!!  I know it's just a little, but for cleansing the liver, it's kinda funny.  Anyway, she prefers dried herbs. <shrug>

HEY!  I always wondered Steve.  How do you compare herb potencies for dried herbs vs. tinctures???  I have yet to see a tincture bottle say how much in milligrams of an herb it has.  I don't understand that.  Maybe I didn't look longer enough.

Some herbs are more solluble in water, and some in alcohol, so tea from dried or fresh herbs or tincture should depend on the herb. I take cramp bark and/or feverfew for menstrual cramps. The cramp bark works better as a tincture and the feverfew works better as a tea. This is just from my own personal experience.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

I like to drink milk thistle tea 1-3 x daily.. Is this an adequate way to get this herb into my system? I am looking into the herb tinctures for my sons. I am also concerned about the alcohol content. I will try to put the dosages in the warm water before giving it to them

I like to drink milk thistle tea 1-3 x daily.. Is this an adequate way to get this herb into my system? I am looking into the herb tinctures for my sons. I am also concerned about the alcohol content. I will try to put the dosages in the warm water before giving it to them

My regimen: