Photo

BURDOCK ROOT

vitamin vitamins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:02 PM

ok guys!!! ive done some research on this burdock root and it seems to be quite promising for controlling acne. It kind of helps the liver into doin its job, and it keeps the whole sytem clean. Please can some of the users on this forum, post in there results. Is it worth taking? Im thinking of buying some of those 'acne releif' tablets from my local boots... Also those of u that are taking this, can you stil take vitamin supplements???

Thanks people!

#2 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:17 PM

I'm drinking it in coffee form. I've not noticed any huge differences.
But please tell us if it helps you.
How effective it is would probably depend on each individual's liver.

#3 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

hey second how long u been taking it now? apperently on some of the sites i have read it said that it is much more effective if u take it more direct.like in a tablet form or raw
http://www.wholeheal...tml#Preparation

#4 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:28 AM

Hi,

I bought some capsules from holland and barret few days ago and have been taking quite a few since. No new acne has formed yet touch wood, its also a bit early still to see any signs. I will keep you posted as to what happens!!!
Im also doing the water thing at the moment, so that may be helping..

S

#5 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:22 PM

Today i have gotten SEVERAL new pimples,most of them on my jaw line.. sad.gif This is my 12 day "on" Burdock Root.. Can this breakout be caused by large amounts of toxins beeig released ? And is this normal?

#6 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:44 PM

Hey G24,Maybe ur takin too much Br in a day, reduce the dosage and see if it has a difference. I was thinking of taking burdock root but want to no how the best way of takin it is. why dont u try and drink plenty of water about 30min after takin BR. So u eliminate toxins via the bladder instead of ur skin.??? just a suggestion. p.s If anybody else on the forum also experienced bad acne after takin BR please post in.

#7 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

Reducing the dosage may help... Anyways, I'm still experiencing a VERY bad breakout, and new pimples are forming all the time. This is NOT fun. Is it a result of the detox?

#8 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:05 PM

mmm...this seems quite odd? What types of BR are you using? if it is a pill form what brand is it? and please list the ingreidients... Have you discussed this with the other members in the forum? Also what does your diet consist of?? and be HONEST!!!

#9 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:22 PM

The bottle says:

SOLARAY
Dietary Supplement
BURDOCK
100 vegatarian capsules

Ingredients: Burdock and Cellulose (capsule)

Dosage: 2-3 caps 2 or 3 times daily. Each capsule 1080mg burdock.

My diet is pretty normal I guess. I eat a lot of fruits (mainly apple), some salad end some bread. I had chickenbreast and rice for dinner yesterday. Some other meat and potatoes in sauce today. I eat a little sweets, but not much. I drink alot of water.

#10 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

this is quite confusing to be ohnest... y dont u lay off the

#11 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:57 AM

this is quite confusing to be ohnest... y dont u lay off the BR for a few days then go back on it. maybe u your becomin tolerant to it. Think about canabis....its a HERB rite? but the more people smoke it, the more they become tolerant @hence' it takes them alot of spliffs to get high

#12 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:02 AM

Maybe I should be of a couple of days..
Anyway, I got a bump on my back removed today.. The wound was infected, so I need to take antibiotics for 4 days.. Should I quit Burdock in this period?

#13 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:49 AM

Hey g2, im no expert myself but i would say to leave the Burdock foe a few days then. until u finish antibiotics.

#14 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:57 AM

i took some acne burdock pills which added up to 3grammes of burdock a day. seemed to work good but you can never tell. i stopped because it was expensive.

#15 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:55 AM

For how long did you use the pilss polkadots? And did you have an initial breakout?

#16 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:11 PM

i used them for about 3months. They were quite expensive (student here). No initial breakout. I kid you not, no zits for a week, but they slowly came back.

i dunno, its hard to tell with these things.

i also took milk thistle, that seems to do the same thing, and is cheaper.

#17 gemma

gemma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:33 PM

one thing I have heard, though I have done no research, is that you must rotate the herbs for them to keep their effectiveness...so for example you might want to buy another herb or two, such as chinese bitters or milk thistle since they also cleanse the liver, and switch every two weeks. I am taking milk thistle at the moment and I like it. I also really like the Solary brand, very trustable!

#18 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

Where do you live where burdock is more expensive? It's like half the cost of milkthistle(A quarter if you get the actual chopped root for tea, which you can just put in those mesh balls).

I don't know where the idea that herbs are only effective if you rotate but I haven't been able to find out a good explanation why. Not just, becuase yur body gets used to it but how it does exactly.

I know they(MD's) give milk thistle to cirrosis and hep. patients for long periods of time and if caught early int he case of cirrosis can reverse or stagnant the disease. Garlics a herb and never ceases to be effective. There are other examples. The interent is a godsend and a bane for information.

#19 g24

g24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:32 AM

This is my second day off the Burdock, and my mild headache has really improved, so it's no doubt that the Burdock gave me headache... neutral.gif

#20 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(g24 @ Mar 4 2005, 03:32 AM)
This is my second day off  the Burdock, and my mild headache has really improved, so it's no doubt that the Burdock gave me headache... neutral.gif

View Post

It's very likely burdock gave you a headache because it was detoxifying your liver and your blood. This means it was working. It's very common to get a headache while cleansing.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.