Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BURDOCK ROOT

35 posts in this topic

ok guys!!! ive done some research on this burdock root and it seems to be quite promising for controlling acne. It kind of helps the liver into doin its job, and it keeps the whole sytem clean. Please can some of the users on this forum, post in there results. Is it worth taking? Im thinking of buying some of those 'acne releif' tablets from my local boots... Also those of u that are taking this, can you stil take vitamin supplements???

Thanks people!

I'm drinking it in coffee form. I've not noticed any huge differences.

But please tell us if it helps you.

How effective it is would probably depend on each individual's liver.

Hi,

I bought some capsules from holland and barret few days ago and have been taking quite a few since. No new acne has formed yet touch wood, its also a bit early still to see any signs. I will keep you posted as to what happens!!!

Im also doing the water thing at the moment, so that may be helping..

S

Today i have gotten SEVERAL new pimples,most of them on my jaw line.. sad.gif This is my 12 day "on" Burdock Root.. Can this breakout be caused by large amounts of toxins beeig released ? And is this normal?

Hey G24,Maybe ur takin too much Br in a day, reduce the dosage and see if it has a difference. I was thinking of taking burdock root but want to no how the best way of takin it is. why dont u try and drink plenty of water about 30min after takin BR. So u eliminate toxins via the bladder instead of ur skin.??? just a suggestion. p.s If anybody else on the forum also experienced bad acne after takin BR please post in.

Reducing the dosage may help... Anyways, I'm still experiencing a VERY bad breakout, and new pimples are forming all the time. This is NOT fun. Is it a result of the detox?

mmm...this seems quite odd? What types of BR are you using? if it is a pill form what brand is it? and please list the ingreidients... Have you discussed this with the other members in the forum? Also what does your diet consist of?? and be HONEST!!!

The bottle says:

SOLARAY

Dietary Supplement

BURDOCK

100 vegatarian capsules

Ingredients: Burdock and Cellulose (capsule)

Dosage: 2-3 caps 2 or 3 times daily. Each capsule 1080mg burdock.

My diet is pretty normal I guess. I eat a lot of fruits (mainly apple), some salad end some bread. I had chickenbreast and rice for dinner yesterday. Some other meat and potatoes in sauce today. I eat a little sweets, but not much. I drink alot of water.

this is quite confusing to be ohnest... y dont u lay off the BR for a few days then go back on it. maybe u your becomin tolerant to it. Think about canabis....its a HERB rite? but the more people smoke it, the more they become tolerant @hence' it takes them alot of spliffs to get high

Maybe I should be of a couple of days..

Anyway, I got a bump on my back removed today.. The wound was infected, so I need to take antibiotics for 4 days.. Should I quit Burdock in this period?

i took some acne burdock pills which added up to 3grammes of burdock a day. seemed to work good but you can never tell. i stopped because it was expensive.

i used them for about 3months. They were quite expensive (student here). No initial breakout. I kid you not, no zits for a week, but they slowly came back.

i dunno, its hard to tell with these things.

i also took milk thistle, that seems to do the same thing, and is cheaper.

one thing I have heard, though I have done no research, is that you must rotate the herbs for them to keep their effectiveness...so for example you might want to buy another herb or two, such as chinese bitters or milk thistle since they also cleanse the liver, and switch every two weeks. I am taking milk thistle at the moment and I like it. I also really like the Solary brand, very trustable!

Where do you live where burdock is more expensive? It's like half the cost of milkthistle(A quarter if you get the actual chopped root for tea, which you can just put in those mesh balls).

I don't know where the idea that herbs are only effective if you rotate but I haven't been able to find out a good explanation why. Not just, becuase yur body gets used to it but how it does exactly.

I know they(MD's) give milk thistle to cirrosis and hep. patients for long periods of time and if caught early int he case of cirrosis can reverse or stagnant the disease. Garlics a herb and never ceases to be effective. There are other examples. The interent is a godsend and a bane for information.

This is my second day off the Burdock, and my mild headache has really improved, so it's no doubt that the Burdock gave me headache... neutral.gif

This is my second day off  the Burdock, and my mild headache has really improved, so it's no doubt that the Burdock gave me headache... neutral.gif

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

[Pasted from another "Milk Thistle" thread; seem appropriate here.]

Hey people. I started the milk thistle a few days ago, but after reading about it and realizing that it's for liver health, I figured I'd just take a liver "tonic" which is a bunch of herbs that cleanse and repair the liver and all work in different ways to cleanse and repair.

So, I got this:

http://vitaminlady.com/solaray/tetracleanse.asp

for my initial cleanse. After I'm done with it, I'll take a week off and then do some of this:

http://www.michaelshealth.com/products.asp?id=26 (except, I got a newer version which has a higher dosage of the herbs and lists their dosages on the label)

They've both got milk thistle in them, but also the other popular liver cleansing herbs burdock and dandelion root, and yellow dock.

The first one seems to be more of a stronger cleanse formula and the second seems like a milder maintenance formula. NOTE: these don't do that liver flush... that extreem flush thang that is talked about in other threads where you drink a bunch of nasty stuff and poop out rocks.

I'll let yall know how it goes.

BTW, I've got stubborn deep cystic acne which has always been perfectly under control with B5, but now that I'm working out a lot and eating a lot (healthy home-cooked food) and taking herbs to up my male hormones (to gain muscle), I seem to not be able to get my cystic acne under control like I used to. I was reading how the liver is supposed to removed old used hormones and so I'm thinking that that's the problem right now... that is, it's not removing the excess testosterone.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

never mind

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

I'm pretty clear again now. 3/4 days off Burdock.. If I start using it again, how long must I stay on it before the headache an "acne explosion" goes away?

You guys should look into Herb Pharms burdock sarsaparilla compound. It's an extract which means it's in liquid form with the herb extracts being in some grain alcohol. You just add some to your water or tea(I add it to Yogi Detox tea for an extra oomph). It contains a lot of anti-acne herbs in one including burdock seed(I read that the seed is better for acne as it contains more essential oils and is a better blood purifier), nestle seed, sarsaparilla root, yellow dock root, spilanthes flowering herb, and sassafras root bark. It costs, I think, $10.99 for a fluid ounce. It's a great product. Use it alongside the yogi detox tea for even more benefits as the tea contains dandelion which works well with the other ingredients.

SteveLewis, I'm drinking the Detox tea and it seems to really help so far, I haven't had any new zits since I started drinking it 4 days ago. So I believe there's already enough in the Detox tea to help.