Photo

ever since i stopped eating bread, ive had no

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 alina

alina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

So does this mean that i cant eat ANY bread/wheat??Not even whole wheat??Ive cut out rice and potatoes too and increased my veggie intake and eat fish and chicken, but without bread or carbs i never feel SATISFIED. what can i do???

#2 stantheman9

stantheman9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

not eating carbs is pretty crazy, i dunno what i'd do without em.

#3 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

Bread causes all the bad stuff. Fat, acne etc. Cut the bread for like a month then introduced it slowly.

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(alina @ Feb 28 2005, 03:46 PM)
So does this mean that i cant eat ANY bread/wheat??Not even whole wheat??Ive cut out rice and potatoes too and increased my veggie intake and eat fish and chicken, but without bread or carbs i never feel SATISFIED. what can i do???

View Post

Why have you cut out rice? Is it just to lower carb intake? I don't think rice is a problem for most people. Also, you could try some other grains; quinoa is very high in protein, and isn't technically a grain. It's really good too. I like polenta too, which is corn. I guess it depends if you're trying to cut out ALL grains, or just wheat/gluten.

#5 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:29 PM

sarahs gonna come up on here and say NOOO ITS HORMONES AND GENETICS NOOOOO MY DERM TOLD ME THAT

eat other stuff.. your lucky you found your trigger

#6 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:48 PM

I've cut out pasta, rice and bread from my diet and my acne is SO much better.

But yeah, it's so hard not to eat bread in western culture sad.gif .

#7 Guest_Shjaker_*

Guest_Shjaker_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

I eat one piece of 100% whole grain soy bread every few days. Besides that I avoid wheat.
Its so hard to cut it out all together though. Hense the one piece every 3 or 4 days.

#8 xmarysue

xmarysue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Mar 1 2005, 12:40 AM)
Why have you cut out rice?  Is it just to lower carb intake?  I don't think rice is a problem for most people. 

View Post

i definitely have problems with white rice. brown rice i can do okay with though - but only in moderation (no more than 1/2 cup at a time). i understand what you're saying though about 'never feeling satisfied'... sometimes i have that issue too. i find butternut squash is a good tummy filler. quinoa is also excellent as cjb suggested. i haven't tried the polenta yet (but i'll add that to my list to try!)
also are you eating fruits, or any legumes/beans? it's not good to eliminate ALL carbs.

#9 antimatter

antimatter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:37 AM

I think you can eat the sprouted kind. You'd have to go to Trader Joe though, which kinda defeats the purpose. I ain't going to travel that far for a piece of bread that doesn't taste that good anyway.
You can try my recommendation, and that's exercising. Exercising will allow to eat just about anything, provided they're eaten in moderation. I mean if bread was so bad, then how can the FDA recommend 6-7 servings of them per day. The problem is not the food themselves, but the lack of things you do to balance it.

#10 Melchior

Melchior

I'm naoya_socol's #1 fan!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:04 AM

I went crazy and ate half a loaf of whole grain nut bread a couple weeks ago. sad.gif

The good thing is I'm still improving, maybe bread isn't my personal trigger? biggrin.gif

#11 rancid777

rancid777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:05 AM

i've been eating entire white baguettes every day nearly for a week or so, and im fine. i hope it isn't gonna make it worse!