fish oil atkins

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:44 AM

I was gonna look for older threads on this topic but the search option didn't work so...

Anyway, there was this special on MTV on celebrities and how they diet and what kind. I know it's mostly all hype and a hollywood thing... but The Zone diet was very popular among celebrities as well as the Atkins, South Beach and the Perricone's Prescription. Perricone's Prescription, has anyone been on it? It's supposed to work anti inflammatory.. you only eat foods that don't create inflamation, like salmon and all kinds of fish...

That's pretty much my question... What's your opinion on the Perricone's Prescription? Have you tried it yet, if so, did it work?

My other question is.. many say fish like salmon is very good for you cause it contains all the good oils and the good fats. Now I was wondering, if you get Omega 3 fish oil supplement, is that the same as eating salmon a few times a week? I wanna give the fish oil supplements a go but can someone help me choosing the right kind. I read somewhere that you have to have very little Omega 6.. Cause they are always combined, the 3 and 6, right? There are also other ''oils'' like cod liver oil and all that.. Which one is the best for anti inflammatory, acne purposes?

Thanks!
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

#2 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(Ben16 @ Feb 25 2005, 01:44 AM)
I was gonna look for older threads on this topic but the search option didn't work so...

Anyway, there was this special on MTV on celebrities and how they diet and what kind. I know it's mostly all hype and a hollywood thing... but The Zone diet was very popular among celebrities as well as the Atkins, South Beach and the Perricone's Prescription. Perricone's Prescription, has anyone been on it? It's supposed to work anti inflammatory.. you only eat foods that don't create inflamation, like salmon and all kinds of fish...

That's pretty much my question... What's your opinion on the Perricone's Prescription? Have you tried it yet, if so, did it work?

My other question is.. many say fish like salmon is very good for you cause it contains all the good oils and the good fats. Now I was wondering, if you get Omega 3 fish oil supplement, is that the same as eating salmon a few times a week? I wanna give the fish oil supplements a go but can someone help me choosing the right kind. I read somewhere that you have to have very little Omega 6.. Cause they are always combined, the 3 and 6, right? There are also other ''oils'' like cod liver oil and all that.. Which one is the best for anti inflammatory, acne purposes?

Thanks!

View Post

Is it raw fish? If infact it is, it sounds similar to the freeacnebook diet.

"How can I eliminate my acne? (for free)
By consuming ONLY these foods during at least two weeks (nothing else):

* loads of well-ripened fresh fruits; as much as you want
* a tomato-cucumber-avocado-chives salad covered with lots of extra virgin olive oil
* some sashimi (=sushi without rice) from fish that has NOT been in the freezer, but first read this
"

Sorry if that doesn't really help you, but I'm also interested in what that diet consists of. But the two diet plans have one common factor, fish. so i thought i'd throw that out there. smile.gif

EDIT: Found some links:
http://www.freedieti...m/perricone.htm
http://www.perriconeprescription.com/
http://www.clearskinprescription.com/
http://www.oprah.com...scription.jhtml
from Oprah.com:
The anti-inflammatory diet consists of high quality protein, like that found in fish, colorful fresh fruits and vegetables, and adequate amounts of good fat, like that found in salmon, flax, nuts, seeds and olive oil.

So yeah, I was sorta right. It's basically the sample diet. I'd look at testimonals from the sameple diet website check out their "readonly" messageboard: http://www.waitalk.c.../ultimatebb.cgi, and her website: http://www.waisays.com/

#3 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:theia mania. cats.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(Ben16 @ Feb 25 2005, 03:44 AM)

Thanks!

View Post

I'm only one person, but I did it for roughly 2 weeks past the 28 day recommendation-eh. I was so sick of salmon and blueberries eusa_sick.gif and I never saw a bit of difference. Way too expensive too, I think I spent about $60 in suplements alone.

I think taking the salmon and/or fish oil supplements would be more beneficial than the fish itelf. I prefer the Fish oil to the Salmon oil-seems more potent (higher EHA/DHA). I also take Borage oil-I have noticed a tremendous difference in the growth of my hair and nails when I take this.

biggrin.gif hope this helps
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#4 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:29 AM

hi

well my mom just got salmon from the market its fresh i guess and you can just eat it like that but i can taste all the salt so i was wondering is it iodized salt because if so then it will lead to break outs since iodine does...
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users