Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Perricone's Prescription...

4 posts in this topic

I was gonna look for older threads on this topic but the search option didn't work so...

Anyway, there was this special on MTV on celebrities and how they diet and what kind. I know it's mostly all hype and a hollywood thing... but The Zone diet was very popular among celebrities as well as the Atkins, South Beach and the Perricone's Prescription. Perricone's Prescription, has anyone been on it? It's supposed to work anti inflammatory.. you only eat foods that don't create inflamation, like salmon and all kinds of fish...

That's pretty much my question... What's your opinion on the Perricone's Prescription? Have you tried it yet, if so, did it work?

My other question is.. many say fish like salmon is very good for you cause it contains all the good oils and the good fats. Now I was wondering, if you get Omega 3 fish oil supplement, is that the same as eating salmon a few times a week? I wanna give the fish oil supplements a go but can someone help me choosing the right kind. I read somewhere that you have to have very little Omega 6.. Cause they are always combined, the 3 and 6, right? There are also other ''oils'' like cod liver oil and all that.. Which one is the best for anti inflammatory, acne purposes?

Thanks!

I was gonna look for older threads on this topic but the search option didn't work so...

Anyway, there was this special on MTV on celebrities and how they diet and what kind. I know it's mostly all hype and a hollywood thing... but The Zone diet was very popular among celebrities as well as the Atkins, South Beach and the Perricone's Prescription. Perricone's Prescription, has anyone been on it? It's supposed to work anti inflammatory.. you only eat foods that don't create inflamation, like salmon and all kinds of fish...

That's pretty much my question... What's your opinion on the Perricone's Prescription? Have you tried it yet, if so, did it work?

My other question is.. many say fish like salmon is very good for you cause it contains all the good oils and the good fats. Now I was wondering, if you get Omega 3 fish oil supplement, is that the same as eating salmon a few times a week? I wanna give the fish oil supplements a go but can someone help me choosing the right kind. I read somewhere that you have to have very little Omega 6.. Cause they are always combined, the 3 and 6, right? There are also other ''oils'' like cod liver oil and all that.. Which one is the best for anti inflammatory, acne purposes?

Thanks!

Thanks!

hi

well my mom just got salmon from the market its fresh i guess and you can just eat it like that but i can taste all the salt so i was wondering is it iodized salt because if so then it will lead to break outs since iodine does...