Photo

accutane for mild to moderate acne

icepick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 stantheman9

stantheman9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

hey ,
my derms just don't understand how i feel.. i've tried all the stupid antibiotics (tetracycline, minacyclin), and all the topicals(bp, retin-a, differin). Nothing has worked........ , and on top of that i dont have severe nodular acne, so my derms are refusing to prescribe me accutane. My zits keep getting worse, and are starting to make mini- icepick scars(WTF). I dont want to live with zits for the next for years. If you have gotten prescribes accutane for mild or moderate zits PLEASE pm me or post. I really want to know how i can get a hold of accutane, because i am desperate. Thanks for your time.
-stan

#2 nextbigthing

nextbigthing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:04 PM

Heya,

I've been on exactly the same stuff as you, differin, minocylcin and tetracycline and more...nothing worked for me like you. My acne is mild/moderate but persistent.

My derm out me on accutane no questions asked. I suggest you get a second opinion...go to another derm. Or TELL them you want accutane, only you know whats best for you not them...
[COLOR=green][B][FONT=Arial]Remember...you can't make someone love you, you can only stalk them and hope for the best...muahahaha

#3 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

yeah that's what I did. I told her that I want accutane and she told me to take monociclin for until march 31 and come back. I alreasy have an appointment fir march 31. I'm sure that if she believed that minocin would work, she;'d give me more than two months.
Now I'm not breaking out a lot, just a little bit occasionally but I got more bumps under my skin. Only accutane can clear that up.
So tell your derm you want accutane. If he/she won't give it to you again, find another derm. That is what I was planning to do before she said I could have accutane in march,

#4 stantheman9

stantheman9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:24 PM

illusion,
bumps under your skin, doesn't that mean cystic acne? cystic acne is not mild/moderate, its severe nodular cystic acne which deserves accutane in the first place. Im currently using mino, and i've been having some really weird stomach pains lately for the first time in my life, eusa_doh.gif. I wonder if its the extended use of antibiotics, tetracyclin + minacyclin over the past year? Ummm i asked the derm for accutane, and my mom supported me last time. The doc said he would only prescribe it to people with many severe cysts on there face, i was like wTF!!! Can't you tell acne is ruining my life too, or are you blind? well, i guess ill just have to keep seeking new derms. If possible it would be cool if you could send me a pic, to see how i compare with you guys. Thanx and good luck gettin the tane we deserve! eusa_dance.gif .
-stan

#5 petermurphy20

petermurphy20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

I used to have moderate to severe acne when I was a bit younger, now my skin is mild to moderate. My dermatologist is putting me on Accutane on the 31st of December. Right now I just have redness and reddish scars. I don't think i NEED Accutane, but she said if I wanted my skin to be smoother and have less small pimples, that I should go on Accutane. I'll really only need to be on it for 2 months.

#6 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

This is a great question, so I'll move this to the appropriete forum where you'll get more responses!
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#7 863surfer

863surfer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

i am going to see the derm in a couple of days..
i have mild/mod but persistant oily acne..and mostly under the skin
im a great talker and can persuade eaisily so hopefully the derm will prescribe it.
nothing else has worked for me..so hopefully i can get on that tane!
my acne varies from mirror to mirror..

#8 l3br0n23

l3br0n23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Guess it varies from derm to derm. Mine said that if Antibiotics didn't work for the 2nd time, he'd consider accutane for my mild but persistent acne.

#9 *acne*be*gone*

*acne*be*gone*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hello!

I have mild-moderate acne and was prescribed accutane. I had tired differin,duac gel , tetracycline & dianette.

I went to the derm and he looked at my skin under this blue light and said ........' oh its bad ' which was quite a confidence boost.

The first thing he recommended was accutane instead of wasting time with other topicals/antibiotics.

Try swtiching derms.

#10 big league chewbacca

big league chewbacca

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

yeah, but its been this way for like 7 or 6 years now

#11 Maggie & Ragon

Maggie & Ragon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

hi! i have mild/moderate acne and get cysts occasionally..
my first derm refused to put me on accutane no matter what..
nothing helped my acne ( oral antibiotics, topicals, etc ) no matter what
i switched derms and finally got prescribed to accutane

try going to a different derm and getting a second opinion.. smile.gif

#12 Sheefa

Sheefa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (Maggie & Ragon @ Dec 25 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi! i have mild/moderate acne and get cysts occasionally..
my first derm refused to put me on accutane no matter what..
nothing helped my acne ( oral antibiotics, topicals, etc ) no matter what
i switched derms and finally got prescribed to accutane

try going to a different derm and getting a second opinion.. smile.gif

You're first Derm cared a lot more about your health and wellbeing than you can possibly imagine. My Derm also refused to put me on it, but I pleaded with him for months on end until he finally accepted. God, how sorry I am now that I pushed him into granting me that prescription.

FACT: 80% of acne can be treated or cured without Accutane - which as we know is reserved for severe cases.