My Mini Saga: How I eliminated 95% of my acne

4 replies to this topic

#1 Adara

Adara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:19 AM

I love sweets, but hate the calories that come with them. For this very reason, I jumped on the artificial sweetener bandwagon and never looked back. Little did I know, though, that I was in the process of wreaking some major havoc on my face. Recently, as I've begun to take stock of my diet, I realized just how much of this stuff I was actually using, specifically Splenda. I decided to do a test.
First, before I took out my precious cal-free sugar, I tried what many say helps to reduce acne. I eliminated dairy. But shamefully, I could last no more than a day; I love dairy. Besides, I didn't feel any difference in my skin. (All right, I know that's just a cop out, since I didn't stop for more than a day, but I did I tell you how much I love dairy?) Anyway, on to the important bit. Next, I stopped the artificial sweeteners. Overnight, I felt a difference. It was amazing! I have been, for years now, washing my face religiously, once in the morning and once in the evening, and taking prescribed acne medication, and yet I had never seen the results that I'm seeing now. I have been fake sugar free for two weeks now, and although my acne isn’t 100% gone, I am happy to report that the big, painful, red bumps that dotted my forehead and cheeks are a thing of the past!
Now, I don’t know if all no-cal sweeteners are created equal; Splenda was the one I used most often. I also ate foods that used it as a sweetener. Maybe other brands don’t have the same damaging results, but I have read that many, if not all, artificial sweeteners can contribute to acne. I hope this is helpful to some of you. Lots of luck in your battles against acne!

#2 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:26 AM

I've seen on the news that splenda is getting sued, because there product is like 90% chemicals. lol

natural my ass

#3 Adara

Adara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:16 AM

LoL biggrin.gif
Man, I wish I had known this before. I could have saved my money, by not spending it on toxic Splenda, and more importantly, my face!

#4 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(Adara @ Feb 24 2005, 06:16 AM)
LoL  biggrin.gif
Man, I wish I had known this before. I could have saved my money, by not spending it on toxic Splenda, and more importantly, my face!

View Post

http://news.findlaw....2005134711.html
http://www.nbc4i.com...771/detail.html
No good it would have done. THis is pretty recent, within the last two weeks.

Glad you got off and are getting better though.

#5 Adara

Adara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the added info. I'm going to look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users