Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Mini Saga: How I eliminated 95% of my acne

5 posts in this topic

I love sweets, but hate the calories that come with them. For this very reason, I jumped on the artificial sweetener bandwagon and never looked back. Little did I know, though, that I was in the process of wreaking some major havoc on my face. Recently, as I've begun to take stock of my diet, I realized just how much of this stuff I was actually using, specifically Splenda. I decided to do a test.

First, before I took out my precious cal-free sugar, I tried what many say helps to reduce acne. I eliminated dairy. But shamefully, I could last no more than a day; I love dairy. Besides, I didn't feel any difference in my skin. (All right, I know that's just a cop out, since I didn't stop for more than a day, but I did I tell you how much I love dairy?) Anyway, on to the important bit. Next, I stopped the artificial sweeteners. Overnight, I felt a difference. It was amazing! I have been, for years now, washing my face religiously, once in the morning and once in the evening, and taking prescribed acne medication, and yet I had never seen the results that I'm seeing now. I have been fake sugar free for two weeks now, and although my acne isn’t 100% gone, I am happy to report that the big, painful, red bumps that dotted my forehead and cheeks are a thing of the past!

Now, I don’t know if all no-cal sweeteners are created equal; Splenda was the one I used most often. I also ate foods that used it as a sweetener. Maybe other brands don’t have the same damaging results, but I have read that many, if not all, artificial sweeteners can contribute to acne. I hope this is helpful to some of you. Lots of luck in your battles against acne!

I've seen on the news that splenda is getting sued, because there product is like 90% chemicals. lol

natural my ass

LoL biggrin.gif

Man, I wish I had known this before. I could have saved my money, by not spending it on toxic Splenda, and more importantly, my face!

LoL  biggrin.gif

Man, I wish I had known this before. I could have saved my money, by not spending it on toxic Splenda, and more importantly, my face!