Photo

What i think people should try...

vitamin vitamins garlic green tea zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 aaah21

aaah21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:12 AM

every day:

1. squeezea lemon into a glass... drink it straight... maybe even 2 lemons depending on how much you can take. dont mix.! eat whatever is left after

2. before bed.. pop 2 garlic cloves

3. 2 multivitamin tablets (w/15mg Zinc...so 30 in total) daily...

4. 3-4 cups of green tea daily

5. 8 glasses of water

6. couple of apples throught the day

thats my new thing... i eat whatever i want though ... even lotsa chocolate

im tired of applying things to my face that work one day and dont work the day after... not my thign... so yah ... i just wash my face iwth a mild cleanser w/green tea smile.gif

either way tell me what you think people smile.gif

#2 MartinaL

MartinaL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

any nice results?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#3 aaah21

aaah21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:34 PM

its been about 4-5 days ...and im slowly clearing up... i think..... i only had 1 new pimple since... and the onld ones shrunk or disappeared.... this may be actually working!

i have moderete to sevre acne...

i just looked at the mirror and i only have 4 small ones on one side... , 3 on the other.... ....... smile.gif im hooping this will keep working and clear me up completely

either way ... all those are benificial ... and are not chems.... and dont really require much effort cuz u dont have to prepare anything!

i read a study bout ZInc vs. minocycline or somethin and 30mg of zinc cleared up bout 40% of the ppl in 1 month..wiithout any topicals or anything....

so yah smile.gif

#4 sx3

sx3

7 days without skating makes one weak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

i think this will work well, good luck..

#5 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:39 PM

Yes, me too, I think it will definitly work. That's two thumbs up.
There is nothing wrong with you.
You do not need improving.
To say that you need improving
is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

#6 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

ONe thing that broke me out that was in multivitamins is IODINE. Once I stopped takking vitamins with that in it, I saw some good results.

IODINE is defintely bad, at least it was for me.

ps, I always thought lemon does something extra for you, but actually it does nothing. has zero effects on you positive. I guess if you want some added taste to water, its ok, but it carries zero healing powers and can only bleach your teeth. It's a nothing food really. No sugars, no fats... waste of cash wink.gif

#7 aaah21

aaah21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:03 PM

no actually lemon helps smile.gif

http://www.acne.org/....php?item_id=76

#8 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(aaah21 @ Feb 22 2005, 05:03 PM)

hmmm. I was actually looking at some of this dietitian's website, freeacnebook.com, and in her forum area she states lemons are a nothing food... no harm (except tooth enamel discoloring with excessive lemons) no help really.

I love the taste of them.. I guess alittle juice here and there to spice up the taste of waste can't be a bad thing.

#9 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:32 AM

Yeah I see people keep suggesting supplement to each other like Multi-vitamins and ZINC and god forbid i ever try that again....

it was worse than going on creatine for me... it broke me out to a MAX i've never had for 3 weeks even though everything else was the same.

I don't know if it was the Iodine in it but i guess it could've been either way it was a killer and ZINC even worse... i did it to help me get my not so bad acne to perfect and it backfired and took a month out of my life by turning me to a guy who's full of acne. I so regret taking optizinc.

#10 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 228
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:33 AM

actually i dont know if it was optizinc but i was a zinc supplement.

Apart from that though... the regime is really good and I know it will work for you.. take care

#11 claud

claud

(^0^)/ kawaii ne?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:31 AM

I think I might add some things that I like in my regimen. It looks like it will work. GOOD LUCK> eusa_dance.gif
QUOTE(sinashgh @ Feb 22 2005, 11:32 PM)
Yeah I see people keep suggesting supplement to each other like Multi-vitamins and ZINC and god forbid i ever try that again....

it was worse than going on creatine for me... it broke me out to a MAX i've never had for 3 weeks even though everything else was the same.

I don't know if it was the Iodine in it but i guess it could've been either way it was a killer and ZINC even worse... i did it to help me get my not so bad acne to perfect and it backfired and took a month out of my life by turning me to a guy who's full of acne. I so regret taking optizinc.

View Post

What type of dosage did you took? I think it was the iodine. Hey, the optizinc does it have other ingredients? If it did that probably was the case on your breakouts.

I'm sorry to hear you broke out badly. sad.gif cry.gif

Well as for myself I had bad experiences with multi-vitamins. I just wish I would of research it first then taking a plunge of breakouts.

#12 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:27 AM

yeah it was probably the iodine i guess.. claud... that multivitamin fucked me up pretty bad unfortunately but the zinc had ONLY zinc and some gluecose or whatever zinc usuallly has... no idodine but it was horrible.. damn....

#13 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 228
About Me

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(aaah21 @ Feb 21 2005, 12:12 PM)
2. before bed.. pop 2 garlic cloves

View Post

OMG! Congratulations if you can stomach even 1/8 of a garlic clove. I try to eat one of the little sections and I gag. You make it seem so easy, what do you do? hold your nose when you do it?

#14 claud

claud

(^0^)/ kawaii ne?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Mike_Self @ Feb 24 2005, 05:58 PM)
OMG! Congratulations if you can stomach even 1/8 of a garlic clove.  I try to eat one of the little sections and I gag.  You make it seem so easy, what do you do? hold your nose when you do it?

View Post

I actually chew the garlic. It's too acidic. It made me had stomach aches. And my breath was pretty bad. YUCK.

Well, there's one thing you can do. You boil the garlic and once it's done boiling. You can drink it. By doing this so you can reduce the garlic taste and you still would be having it in your system. I think.

#15 aaah21

aaah21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:44 PM

what i do w/garlic... is ... put it in a sandwich... and swallow it in a big bite... it will digest slowly smile.gif

#16 Wolfy

Wolfy

Formerly Known As Wolfkeeper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(claud @ Feb 25 2005, 06:59 PM)
I actually chew the garlic. It's too acidic. It made me had stomach aches. And my breath was pretty bad. YUCK.

Actually, I rub the juice of freshly crushed garlic on my skin. It seems to act like a natural antibiotic. It's best used where acne is common as a preventative, and to stop existing acne from getting worse; it seems to halt a spot in its tracks many times.

But you have to be careful- garlic can *burn* the skin (as in *scar*!)

My skin tolerates it pretty well, but some people's don't. Test it somewhere out of sight, like behind the ear, first before you apply it in any major way; and even then be careful. And garlic varies.

I rub it on at night, and wash it off in the morning. Don't try to put chunks of garlic on the skin for any length of time though; that's too much of a good thing.

It's ok if it tingles slightly, but if it burns wash it off.

Oh yeah, and it tends to dry the skin out slightly. That's not actually a bad thing, but if the area starts to get too dry, then add suitable moisturiser and leave off the garlic there for a while.

It shouldn't make your breath smell, but you might notice a *slight* garlic smell if you start sweating.

It seems reasonably good to me. YMMV.
"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."

#17 thief_of_cookies

thief_of_cookies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

I learned in a science class that IODINE MAKES SKIN PROBLEMS WORSE. So yeah, I try to avoid it. Table salt is usually iodized, since before, people kept dying because they didn't get enough iodine in their diet.

#18 Dannie

Dannie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

i take one pill of zinc everyday for over a year...its 50mg
it didnt do that much, i dont think but i still continue it

#19 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Feb 22 2005, 06:54 PM)
hmmm. I was actually looking at some of this dietitian's website, freeacnebook.com, and in her forum area she states lemons are a nothing food... no harm (except tooth enamel discoloring with excessive lemons) no help really.

I love the taste of them.. I guess alittle juice here and there to spice up the taste of waste can't be a bad thing.

View Post

???????. Lemon has vitamin C and is very cleansing.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#20 2die4Him

2die4Him

Natural Beauty Consultant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

OMG! Congratulations if you can stomach even 1/8 of a garlic clove. I try to eat one of the little sections and I gag. You make it seem so easy, what do you do? hold your nose when you do it?

I'm wondering if you could roast the garlic and not lose the healing properties. It tastes AWESOME roasted (you just throw a few cloves on a cookie sheet and bake at 250F for an hour or so), especially when spread on bread or crackers. The taste changes to a more buttery, less tangy, taste.

I also wonder if the garlic capsules (marked "no odor") would be the same...
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]
Beauty, Naturally