Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay_68

IS ACNE A FUNGAL INFECTION?

66 posts in this topic

Jay, that is interesting info on diet, especially the link with hepC. Is there somewhere I can read more about that? Thanks,

pmezak

Jay, that is interesting info on diet, especially the link with hepC.  Is there somewhere I can read more about that?  Thanks,

pmezak

What??  NO TEAS - including herbal?? Why on earth is that?  What is in the teas that encourage growth of the yeast?  For example whole leaf green/herbal teas??

to Jay, or anyone else who may know, my daughter has used a topical antibio,

benzaclin, for quite a while. She stopped using it after it started to lose effectiveness, and now, her acne is worsened. It is not cystic, but small red

spots all over her face and neck. I really think that her normal skin barrier has

been disrupted, but am not sure how she can fix it. She has been off bread for

a while, maybe a month, but still takes an antibiotic. She's 19, and not sure

about what I say about candida & yeast. I want to help her, but I do think this

is all yeast related. Thanks for any ideas. confused.gif

to Jay, or anyone else who may know,  my daughter has used a topical antibio,

benzaclin, for quite a while.  She stopped using it after it started to lose effectiveness, and now, her acne is worsened.  It is not cystic, but small red

spots all over her face and neck.  I really think that her normal skin barrier has

been disrupted, but am not sure how she can fix it.  She has been off bread for

a while, maybe a month,  but still takes an antibiotic.  She's 19, and not sure

about what I say about candida & yeast.  I want to help her, but  I do think this

is all yeast related.  Thanks for any ideas. confused.gif

"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."

to Jay, or anyone else who may know,  my daughter has used a topical antibio,

benzaclin, for quite a while.  She stopped using it after it started to lose effectiveness, and now, her acne is worsened.  It is not cystic, but small red

spots all over her face and neck.  I really think that her normal skin barrier has

been disrupted, but am not sure how she can fix it.  She has been off bread for

a while, maybe a month,  but still takes an antibiotic.  She's 19, and not sure

about what I say about candida & yeast.  I want to help her, but  I do think this

is all yeast related.  Thanks for any ideas. confused.gif

Another candida diet and natural treatment by Dr. John Dommisse, you can read more here

Diet

Without strict adherence to the following diet, no anti-candida drug or treatment will succeed.

(1) Avoid added sugars (including fructose, honey, molasses, fruit-juice sweeteners, etc.) and all sugar-sweet foods and snacks, including cakes, cookies, candies, desserts, sodas, fruit-juice and ice-cream, unless they are made with sugar-substitutes like saccharine or aspartame ...

(2) Avoid white-starch foods, like white bread, cakes, cookies, white pasta, white rice, potatoes w/o their skins, and all refined flours, etc.. Whole-grain flour, in moderation, is acceptable to me, unless you are a 'carbohydrate addict'; also potatoes with their peels, whole-grain brown or wild rice, whole-grain pasta ...

(3) Increase your intake of essential oils, esp. omega-3 oils, which are very lacking in the Western World's diet. These include: Fish oils, and oily fish, like salmon, mackerel, tuna-in-oil, sardines-in-oil, etc.; Flax-seed, borage and evening primrose oils. ...

(4) Avoid antibiotics and cortisone-type prescriptions if at all possible.

Treatments

(1) Acidophilus (or Primadophilus or Bifidus capsules), 700-1,000mg (or at least 1 million organisms) after breakfast and after supper daily, either indefinitely or at least for 6 months.

(2) Caprylic (or Undecanoic) Acid capsules 700-1,000mg (preferably including herbal anti-candida substances as well), after brkfst and after supper daily, for 3-9 months, depending on the blood antibody titers.

(3) Colloidal Silver (<0.001 micron particle-size, 200-500 ppm), one teaspoonful after breakfast and supper daily, for 3-9 months...

Has anyone tried using a yogurt (plain, obviously) mask on the skin? I'm just curious if a topical application of yogurt would help kill the yeast. I've used it before for treating, uh, a different type of yeast infection redface.gif and it worked better than the junk the doc gave me!

Obviously, the diet would still need to be followed to kill the yeast in the body at the cellular level...

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Beauty, Naturally

Has anyone tried using a yogurt (plain, obviously) mask on the skin? I'm just curious if a topical application of yogurt would help kill the yeast. I've used it before for treating, uh, a different type of yeast infection  redface.gif  and it worked better than the junk the doc gave me!

Obviously, the diet would still need to be followed to kill the yeast in the body at the cellular level...

"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."

I think the people here are suggesting that the yeast overgrowth is in the GI tract.

I'm assuming that it doesn't do that, otherwise other people would have noticed it before.

Hello-

I found this topic really interesting and I can use my case as an example maybe. I've had eczema recurrent since I was about 13, and for the last 6 month or so developed a red, itchy rash in the butterfly area of my face (along with acne, yay!) But, I was also breaking out sometimes in this area. One derm gave me a low grade cortisone for the eczema. I used it only a handful of times. I went to a derm on March 2nd because I still had the rash and began to break out in this area. Anyways, she said I was getting "steroid acne" from the cortisone because instead of helping the rash it was lowering the immunity of my skin, causing the breakouts. She also told me I might have rosacea, which I don't believe, but I'll continue about that. She prescribed Ketoconazole cream and Metrogel (an antibiotic, antibacterial cream). Since I had a had some type of mild fungus problems on my face as a kid (very subtle white blotches) I thought that this made sense that the rash is caused by a fungus since I'd had it in the past.

So, over the last few days I've been using the Ketoconazole (antifungal cream) and my rash is way better, much decreased redness and no more breakouts around that area or anywhere else. The derm said she wasn't sure if it is seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea or whatever, so her approach was to prescribe meds for both, which makes no sense to me, because how are you supposed to know if you use both! I am going to try a detox diet which is pretty much an anti-yeast diet. I also had been eating a lot of spelt bread over the last few weeks (which has yeast) and had been breaking out. Anyways, I think thi fungus theory isn't so far fetched, at least in my case.

Mandy wink.gif

1: Nephron. 1996;72(4):679-82.

Acne: a potential side effect of cyclosporine A therapy.

el-Shahawy MA, Gadallah MF, Massry SG.

Department of Medicine, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033 USA.

Alright I thought that I had candida from a female symptom, and the dr did too. So i went on the week long flucozonale, didn't eat any yeast or sugar. My skin got clear from noto eating the sugar and yeast, but the tests came back, I didn't have yeast. So acne is not a YEAST infection. If i don't have reguler B.m's then I notice I get a few zits. I was only born with kidney so i think my body just has trouble getting rid of all the toxins if I eat too much junk. it's just SOOOO hard not eat sugar when everyone around you is.

Ndmgal,

Hey, my son was born with one kidney as well. He has had ultrasounds up to about 12 yrs old. He is 17 now. His kidney is bigger and appears to be functioning fine. Do you think there is a connection? I have wondered as well. Last week the derm put him on MIno and Benzaclin and suggested that he may need Accutane. He is mod to servere cystic acne. After our visit I realized, we never filled out any health forms ( new patient)! Seems like having only one kidney would be important for him to know. I will be sure to get that on the record. I am not sure if the kidney can handle the meds, especially accutane. I will check into it soon and post back to you.

Spring break is starting at the end of this week and we are going to get serious on diet issues. We will try to eliminate, milk, which my boys are only having with cereal now, the cereal, sugars and yeast. Gee what a fun spring break! eusa_dance.gif The guys are willing though so I will see how we do.

I'd be careful about accutane, ive never been on it but I heard it can be dangerous. Since i'm a girl i got on a bcp, but I have to detox allllll the time. For some reason my body can't cleanse itself as well as it used to. ( i didnt' start breaking out until i i was 18). Yea for me it is def. the kidney, cuz if I drink detox tea for my kidney ill feel like a whole different person in terms of mentally, emotionally, physically. I've been to an just about every dr. for it, im going to an endocronologist in 3 weeks. Minocycline by the way is what gave me the candida. I'd go to an endo , but try what the dermo gave u now. I don't know much about accutane so im sorry, but i know that my derm. wouldn't put me on it even when i had cystic acne.