Photo

Any sunblocks that let absolutely nothing in?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Joker32

Joker32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Im on accutane, just wondering if you guys know of a sunblock thats hardcore and lets nothing in. I just want my face to be protected while im on this...im talkin like SPF 72 or something...anything?

#2 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

Sunblock is for babiiiiiiies.

#3 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:08 PM

Lol, the SPF doesn't decrease the amount of rays that pass through the skin(when you get to normal amounts), it just means the length of time you can have it on before you have to reapply.

Eg. An spf of 15 blocks somethign like 93% of rays, spf 30=96% and an spf of 2=50% but I don't think anyone uses anything lower than 15 nowadays so it wouldn't make that much of a difference, especially between 30, 35,40,45, 50 etc...

For the length of time the spf means whatever times longer you can stay in the sun without getting burned than normally. Eg. if you burn in 10 minutes a SPF of 30 lets you stay out for 300min before being burned. Of course this is only good for things like walking, everyday use like going to work, etc... If you exercise, swim, whatever the sublock won't stay on for as long and you'll need to apply sooner.

#4 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:55 PM

drugstore.com: high spf sunblocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users