Photo

ZINC?

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 gwenmerk

gwenmerk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:30 PM

What are ppls experiences with zinc? I heard that it can actually help with acne quite a bit. Anyone? thanks!

#2 arya

arya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(asdf @ Feb 18 2005, 07:30 PM)
What are ppls experiences with zinc? I heard that it can actually help with acne quite a bit. Anyone? thanks!

View Post

Hello, I've also heard that it helps and I actually went and bought some yesterday! Also got Milk Thistle, which is supposed to cleanse your liver. So let's see how they work! biggrin.gif Will let you know if there's any progress!

Arya

#3 sridhar

sridhar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:30 AM

My derm initiated treatment for me with BP, Clindamycin and asked me to take Zinc tablets every night, Well I dunno coz that formula cleared me up really well..Probably the Zinc was essential too..

#4 Rush006007

Rush006007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

Zinc is great, but you also need to get the best form of it. Most Zinc out there will have side-effects in the long term. Zinc Monomethionine is the best form that I am aware of. The rest will block other metals and junk. Too lazy to post it all, so do the research yourself. tongue.gif

#5 Wickeh

Wickeh

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:48 AM

Zinc didn't do anything for me, maybe even worsened it. It got me a nice oily face and dry hands so I stopped taking it.

#6 Rush006007

Rush006007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

I really doubt that it was the Zinc doing that. It is a vital supplement for skin and many other functions. Making sure that you have the highest of quality is essential, because having a low quality supplement may cause more harm than good.

#7 Wickeh

Wickeh

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:39 PM

I started taking a multivitamin with brewers yeast and zinc a month ago. I quit them 4 days ago because I got an oilier face and dry hands. Thats the only things I changed. But now I dont take any supplements. I just drink detox tea every day and do the oil swish, washing with hot water every morning and evening. The oilyness hasnt disappeared yet though...

#8 Rush006007

Rush006007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

Out of curiosity, what form of Zinc is it?

#9 Krg

Krg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

I'm using 30mg OptiZinc and Brewers yeast.

I think OptiZinc works very effective for me. I think it was the cause of a temperary breakout and dry hands in my case.

I'm stil wondering if it's safe in the long term, because of dry hands and increased risk on prostate cancer.