Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is my forehead so oily and shiny?

16 posts in this topic

I'm 18, and my face is pretty much clear from the regimen, and none of the rest of my face is oily and shiny as my forehead.That's why I have to keep long hair.So it covers my forehead because it's so shiny.

My nose used to be like that, but not anymore.

Any help?

B5.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

i usually get this too. Would like it fixed, as it looks nasty =( Although usually by the end of the day the rest of my face looks a little shiny if i dont wash sometime in the day.

when did the oilyness start? perhaps your hair is aggravating your skin causing it to produce more oil

I'm not sure when it started, but that could be a possibility.

Any other ideas?

Are you using a moisturizer? I found that some of them seem to cause an almost glare like affect. I know mine does because right after washing and applying it my forehead it is already gleaming, and I know it isn't from oil. Only really notice it on my forehead though.

well, the moisturizer makes the glare equal... but for me its better to wiping it with my fingers

Do you use hair gel or hairspray or something?

When I used to use hair gel, my forehead was really oily, then I stopped using it and it reduced probably...eh...50%? I dunno'. 'Cause my hair used to touch my forehead too, and I think the gel just touches your skin and makes it all nasty.

I have an odd situation I believe.

My forehead used to be broken out just like everywhere else, and it didn't really get oily unless I went a VERY long time without washing it. When I first start doing things many weeks ago, I used the Neutrogenia Oil-Free Acne Wash along with my BP, my forehead was never shiny, minimal oil but still had the same amount of acne. Once I switched the neutrogenia to the St. Ives Medicated Scrub, I noticed afterwards my forehead is shiny and gets oily before the next wash. HOWEVER, the acne is fading relatively quickly and the tone is evening out too. The rest of my face is minimally oily still, nor shiny, it's just my forehead, which seems to be clearing the fastest. Odd right?

You'd think more oil and shine would break you out more... but not for me, I'm always rubbing that oil off in the hours before my next wash, but its getting clearer and clearer.

I also had some skin colored bumps when I started that scrub, but those went away too. Seems my forehead may just be fine soon, but I still hate having that "just buffed and polished" look on it... Any advice?

search around for products...You can use some sort of clay mask maybe by neutrogena...Im sure there is something simple that can help you out. Vitamin B5 wouldn't be really worth it if it is just on your forehead....

I use Queene Helene's Mint Julep mask (a sulfur mask), which is found at Walgreen's. I read great reviews on it from some other website and decided to try it. The best thing is it's cheap! It's normally about $2.99 a tube - and I got it on sale : buy one get one free.

eusa_dance.gif

My makeup now stays on great all day, with a continuous matte look. I used it every other day for about a week and now 1-2 times a week for maintenance.

You may also want to try the blotting sheets from Clean and Clear. Those work great also.

Good luck!