Photo

one thing that acne gave me....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 imatoad

imatoad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

is a flaming hot bod.

seriously. i was a marshmellow before my acne. then because of all my zits, i was eating holistically and working out like crazy thinking it would make them go away. they never did go away with all my healthy ways. i even tried drinking aloe vera juice! how sick is that?

im about 30 and because of my ongoing acne issues, i have a better figure than most women my age, especially given my rather average looks, height, etc.

when your acne clears, youll find youll be really glowing. because not only will your face look great, but so will your bod!

#2 Red_Butterfly

Red_Butterfly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:09 AM

heh, that's a happy thought! eusa_dance.gif

yeah I'm eating a lot better now...lost some weight actually. looking forward to losing some more.
"Do you know that place between asleep and awake? That place where you remember dreaming? That's where I'll always wait for you...that's where I'll always love you."

#3 emperornext

emperornext

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

Are you a girl or a guy? Working out and eating well are just parts of a natural ways to control acne. Have you tried supplements or cleanses/flushes?

QUOTE(imatoad @ Feb 18 2005, 03:54 AM)
is a flaming hot bod.

seriously. i was a marshmellow before my acne. then because of all my zits, i was eating holistically and working out like crazy thinking it would make them go away. they never did go away with all my healthy ways. i even tried drinking aloe vera juice! how sick is that?

im about 30 and because of my ongoing acne issues, i have a better figure than most women my age, especially given my rather average looks, height, etc.

when your acne clears, youll find youll be really glowing. because not only will your face look great, but so will your bod!

View Post

regimen: still working on this...

Guy With Acne Scars, What Do You Say?

#4 Whatsup

Whatsup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

hey toad, what is your diet like ? what kinda foods do u eat usually?

#5 imatoad

imatoad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(emperornext @ Feb 18 2005, 11:14 PM)
Are you a girl or a guy?  Working out and eating well are just parts of a natural ways to control acne.  Have you tried supplements or cleanses/flushes?

View Post

I'm female. I take supplements. I eat very very carefully and healthy. I don't eat anything refined. No junk of course. Lots of veggies. I'm allergic to soy, so I drink organic milk. I try to be vegetarian, but sometimes, although rarely, eat chicken. In fact, the bulk of my money goes into expensive organic whole foods. My husband thinks I spend way too much money on food. But anyway, I also work out and with weights.

I think it's improved the way I look as a whole. My body is strong and I've noticed, especially as I get older, I'm in better shape than most women my age with the same kind of face and body type as me, which is average. Actually, I've noticed these same-looking women look at me with jealousy. Little do they know how much I have busted my butt trying to get rid of my acne and purify myself of toxins!! They have no idea. I've been doing this stuff for years! But all that stuff didnt make a dent on my skin. Everyone is different though.

I started off with very severe acne. Like, the worst case possible. I started getting interested, because I had bad cramps, too. And someone said to me that it might help my cramps. Naturally, I thought exercise must be good for the skin, because of the oxygen flow. And I just sort of read magazines for tips. As well we researched diet hints, etc.

I think for more moderate people maybe diet will work. My sister had mild acne, and diet worked for her. But for serious cases, I'm sorry. It doesn't. Actually, Accutane cleared up my skin.

The diet thing for me was a myth that I remember ticked me off at times. Because when I was really bad off, people used to make comments about my diet, when I knew darn well I was eating better than anyone I know. But I do understand it helps some people, like my sister...

Well, however it works, exercise and diet have long-range effects which are good. That's where I am now.

I think acne just makes people really conscious of everything about themselves and can be quite an opportunity for propering spiritually, mentally, and even bodily. When my acne was at its worse, I was never lazy about taking care of myself. I was constantly meditating, working out, eating well, taking vitamins. I still do these things now. Would I have if I were always clear? No, I don't think so. I think I would have taken myself for granted.

So yea, its a great opportunity to prosper in other way. It's kind of like a butterfly. Sometimes a person will be dormant so that they can bloom during a later season. Unbelievable, but I think its true. All these great things people will acne do to improve their minds and bodies accumulate. It's almost like nature is keeping us for later.

#6 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:17 AM

Amen to that. I'm only 17, but I turn heads on the beach, or anywhere that i'm not wearing a shirt. I used to have really bad acne, but I managed to get about 90-95% clear through healthy living, diet, B5, and skin care (moisturizing, aloe vera, etc.). 2 years ago, I figured that if I had shitty skin, I might as well work on something else (my body). I'm glad I did, working out has become a way of life for me.
Acne sux

#7 kathryn

kathryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:19 PM

i even tried drinking aloe vera juice! how sick is that?

LOL I DO THAT NOW!!! i quite like it he he

#8 Ph-rank

Ph-rank

pH

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:16 PM

Great last post 'toad. Having a "disease" or dibilitating condition (acne depends on your attitude towards yourself and life of course) definitely does make you more aware of what matters in life, and a realisation of where you are going wrong in diet, exercise and how you can become a better person.

#9 arrshixerrr

arrshixerrr

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

Thats great!!!
I did the same thing and now Im in the process of becoming a personal trainer. Not a bad outcome after smoking weed and drinking all the time...Makes you think of what would have been of us if we hadn't had acne, could our lives have been worse??? Makes you think...

#10 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

Good for you everyone, I am not that into eating right, but I love exercising. eusa_clap.gif I have been powerlifting for 2 years and that seems to help out my acne somewhat. If you can call what I have "acne" now anyways. It's a few whiteheads and about 40 redmarks, mostly concentrated around my chin and on my cheeks eusa_doh.gif