dairy

4 replies to this topic

#1 Antik

Antik

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

im a bit confused on why dairy causes acne so plz help me understand.

i think i might try this cuz alot of people r saying their cystic acne went away after stopping it.and thats what im dealing with.cysts! big nasty 1's on my body.not the smaller types,whiteheads,etc.so now im really interested in this dairy thing !

what is the theory behind it ? the whole carb thing/raising insulen im understanding and i've cut down on carbs alot.ive seen a good deal of improvement but i still break out at times.maybe if i eliminate dairy ill be 100% acne free !? wow that would be great.but again can someone explain WHY its bad ? dairy has zilch carbs.whats the problem ?

thanks.

#2 Antik

Antik

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:27 AM

bump

#3 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:38 PM

a lot of people especiialy asians are lactose intolerant.

http://www.milksucks.com/zits.html is an interesting site, have a look there

#4 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

well first of all, cutting down on carbs is good, but DONT eliminate them from your diet because they are good energy sources... the only ones you need to eliminate or keep to a bare minimum is chocolates, white rice...(anything that is man made or is hevily refined). second use this link to help u understand the dairy subject. http://www.milksucks.com/zits.html
u may also need to stop eating bad fats that are saturated, these fats are mainly found in dairy. Inculde walnuts to ur diet, they are packed with omega 3 fatty acids which work wonders for acne and other skin problems. they are a great snack too

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

Take the milksucks website with a very big grain of salt. It's just as polarized as looking at the American Dairy Farmers webpage. From someone who had a friend work with one of these anti-milk org's they're not as noble and honest as they make themselves out to be.

There isn't a rolleyes emoticon that is big enough to express my feelings towards people who jump on these kind of sites bandwagons.

That being said, I think American dairy farmers need to clean up their act and follow other countries with better practices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users