Photo

Folks Please Read this on getting clear skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
511 replies to this topic

#1 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:34 PM

A long time ago I asked my grandmother what people did back in the old days when they had acne. She laughed and said well there were allot crazy things people did to solve there acne problems back then. Anything from rubbing egg whites on their face to some more wild exotic stuff she said that you don’t want to hear about. Well I asked her was there anything she knew for sure people did for acne that did work. She said well yes there was one thing. She said that it was popular for people to eat raisins to help prevent acne. I was like really she said yap. Well talk on a little more and ended the conversation. Well a few years have past and my grandmother has past away. I have tried and awful allot of regimen to stop these severe acne boils and pimples I get. I tried blotcha's regimen and it has help clear me about 85% to 95% but I would still get a pimple or boils but of course they didn’t last to long. But still the aggregation was still there. So when watching TV a few weeks back I was thinking allot about my grandmother and what she said about what people did for acne back in the old days. I remember she said they would eat raisins. Well I figured I give it a shot went up to the store got the medium size individual boxes of sun dried raisins. Ate a box a day and within 3 days I noticed and improvement in my face. The existing pimples and boils came to a head almost overnight or within a day. It felt like no new pimples were forming. I was like this was a fluke. So the next day ate the next individual box of raisins. And kept doing this for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks my face is perfectly clear. Plus I noticed since eating the raisins I have and awful allot of bowl movements. Which is probably a good thing. I have tried Dan's Regimen and Blotcha both work very well. but have only reach me to the 85 to 95% clear mark. The one thing that have shot me to 100% was eating raisins. I asked a guy at work who had really bad acne to try eat allot of raisins. He said he would try it. Well within a week I notice a 85% improvement on his face. His face went from looking really bad to looking just slightly pimpled. He's all smiles now when coming into work. So the regimen is very simple eat one individual medium size box of raisins everyday. I have found you can never eat to many. So its pretty fool proof. Try it see what you think.

#2 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(bfg9000d @ Feb 16 2005, 09:34 PM)
A long time ago I asked my grandmother what people did back in the old days when they had acne.  She laughed and said well there were allot crazy things people did to solve there acne problems back then. Anything from rubbing egg whites on their face to some more wild exotic stuff she said that you don’t want to hear about. Well I asked her was there anything she knew for sure people did  for acne that did work. She said well yes there was one thing.  She said that it was popular for people to eat raisins to help prevent acne. I was like really she said yap. Well talk on a little more and ended the conversation.  Well a few years have past and my grandmother has past away.  I have tried and awful allot of regimen to stop these severe acne boils and pimples I get.  I tried blotcha's regimen and it has help clear me about 85% to 95% but I would still get a pimple or boils but of course they didn’t last to long.  But still the aggregation was still there. So when watching TV a few weeks back I was thinking allot about my grandmother and what she said about what people did for acne back in the old days.  I remember she said they would eat raisins.  Well I figured I give it a shot went up to the store got the medium size individual boxes of sun dried raisins.  Ate a box a day and within 3 days I noticed and improvement in my face. The existing pimples and boils came to a head almost overnight or within a day. It felt like no new pimples were forming. I was like this was a fluke. So the next day ate the next individual box of raisins. And kept doing this for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks my face is perfectly clear. Plus I noticed since eating the raisins I have and awful allot of bowl movements. Which is probably a good thing.  I have tried Dan's Regimen and Blotcha both work very well. but have only reach me to the 85 to 95% clear mark.  The one thing that have shot me to 100% was eating raisins.  I asked a guy at work who had really bad acne to try eat allot of raisins. He said he would try it. Well within a week I notice a 85% improvement on his face. His face went from looking really bad to looking just slightly pimpled. He's all smiles now when coming into work.  So the regimen is very simple eat one individual medium size box of raisins everyday.  I have found you can never eat to many.  So its pretty fool proof. Try it see what you think.

View Post

hmmm, interesting.

#3 heyitzeoj

heyitzeoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:34 PM

yes thats interesting ill give it a shot and let u know the results, thanks for the post

#4 Iarephel

Iarephel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

You know...I used to have mild acne, nothing really noticeable so I don't mention it- that started around age 14. Then around age 15 to 17....I was perfectly clear then. I figured my battle with teen acne was mild and over but it came back even worse around age 18. A few days ago I was trying to figure out if there was anything I did differently then to make me perfectly clear. I remember eating a crap load of craisins and raisins then because I loved em. But I stopped eating them because my brother mentioned to me one day that it is just full of sugar. I was actually going to bring that up on this board but I thought it was a crazy coincidence since craisins and raisins is really sugary and full of carbs. And that doesn't help acne. How can it possibly help then?

And heyitzeoj, please let us know if it helps are not. Maybe I wasn't so crazy after all and it does help!

#5 Mariaa

Mariaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

medium sized boxed raisins?
approx how many raisins is that?

#6 LastStraw

LastStraw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:26 AM

What brand raisins?

#7 alaskacne

alaskacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:45 AM

Could I just swallow the raisins whole and not chew them and would it still get the same results? Cause I hate raisins and I would rather just swallow them without chewing

#8 Chinglish

Chinglish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:13 AM

I think you're full of sh!t... and you're lucky that the raisins are getting it out biggrin.gif

JK

#9 Bleek23

Bleek23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:15 AM

Hmm, Raisins? ninja.gif

#10 phil_b

phil_b

$_GET['myName']

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:54 AM

gawd

you guys were quick to jump aboard this bandwagon..

raisins... erm

I only found a few acne related articles mentioning raisins, and they all say they should be avoided due to being potential acne triggers :

http://www.sher.co.u.../lifestyle.html

http://www.ucheepines.org/acne.htm

http://www.cheyennes...cne_Rosacea.htm

but by all means, feel free to give it a go, if everyone benefits I might be less skeptical...

#11 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:26 AM

Raisins are a big antioxidant. Plus its a natural sugar not a refine sugar. There’s also good crabs and bad crabs and raisins are good crabs. Plus It contains allot of things that help fight acne. This aint no bandwagon this is about a simple of a thing as you can do. If you notice your acne worsen just stop eating them. But you have a whole lot to gain and if you don’t try it well I guess you will never see the benefits.

#12 twocanyan

twocanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(bfg9000d @ Feb 17 2005, 12:26 PM)
Raisins are a big antioxidant.  Plus its a natural sugar not a refine sugar.  There’s also good crabs and bad crabs and raisins are good crabs.  Plus It contains allot of things that help fight acne.  This aint no bandwagon this is about a simple of a thing as you can do.  If you notice your acne worsen just stop eating them. But you have a whole lot to gain and if you don’t try it well I guess you will never see the benefits.

View Post

the reason for bowl movements is because raisins are like prunes.. high in fiber to ease constipation.. and you are so right about the antioxidant nature.. might give it a try

#13 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

Also raisins have Potassium which is good scroll down to potassium on this site.
http://www.something...rs/vitamins.php

here some more info on it.
http://www.bellaonli...es/art19941.asp

here some more info
http://www.987kissfm...y.aspx?ID=32497

Raisins also contain selenium which is great for fighting acne.

Raisins contain allot of good things for you. Plus I notice it stops the terriable sugar cravings i get during the day from trying to stay away from sugar foods. While it wont clear you up altogether you should notice a signifcant improvement.

#14 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

and lets not call this a bandwagon because it isnt nobody is forcing you to do this. There's no suction cup effect. Simply try it if it works for you great. If it dosent just stop eating them. But I recommend eating them for atleast 2 weeks. To see great results. But you should see some improvement within 3 days. When eating them I notice my acne never worsen. It was and uphill improvment when i started to eat them. If you are on dans regimen or any other regimen continue to do so. Just add this to your diet.

#15 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Chinglish @ Feb 17 2005, 03:13 AM)
I think you're full of sh!t... and you're lucky that the raisins are getting it out  biggrin.gif

JK

View Post

ha..ha..ha..

#16 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:19 PM

I guess will see whos full of shit when other people faces are clearing up and yours isnt.

#17 Evanescence95

Evanescence95

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:51 PM

Another thing I can add to my list of 1000000 things I say I'm going to try...

No, I really am going to try this though (I hope). I don't hate raisins, they're not too expensive, and hey, what do you have to lose?

When I can get to the store and buy raisins, I'll keep you guys posted on how its going.

#18 Goody317

Goody317

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

I don't think raisins would do anything. I've been eating them since I was a child. I still eat them, I don't see why raisins would help fight acne. eusa_wall.gif

#19 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(bfg9000d @ Feb 17 2005, 11:19 AM)
I guess will see whos full of shit when other people faces are clearing up and yours isnt.

View Post

damn what are you getting all offensive for, their just jokeing with ya. I might try this myself, raisins are good for you anyway.

#20 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Goody317 @ Feb 17 2005, 01:42 PM)
I don't think raisins would do anything.  I've been eating them since I was a child.  I still eat them, I don't see why raisins would help fight acne. eusa_wall.gif

View Post

BUT do you eat o BOX everyday? Thats the key.