Photo

those dried sebum on your nose

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 bananas

bananas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:33 PM

does anyone get these? it's like pin-prick sized dried sebum around your nose area. I get them on my face too. I don't know why this happens so i'm tryin to see if anyone knows. It's like dried oil that is in the pores of your skin and you can just kind of roll them off and they usually leave a tiny hole.

#2 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

Palestine & USA: my love

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(bananas @ Feb 16 2005, 02:33 PM)
does anyone get these? it's like pin-prick sized dried sebum around your nose area. I get them on my face too. I don't know why this happens so i'm tryin to see if anyone knows. It's like dried oil that is in the pores of your skin and you can just kind of roll them off and they usually leave a tiny hole.

View Post

Are you talking about those little TINY colorless seed/rice looking things?

#3 (eLLe)

(eLLe)

eh?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:50 PM

if they're on your nose, have a dark-ish colour, then they're blackheads.

trust me on this one, they're tough to get out. VERY TOUGH.

#4 bananas

bananas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(U s e r n a m e @ Feb 16 2005, 12:15 PM)
Are you talking about those little TINY colorless seed/rice looking things?

View Post

YES! those damn things. it's like sand size. not even big as rice. Sometimes people get them around the nose but I get them pretty much everywhere.

i don't think they're blackheads, cause they're not black.

#5 kat1

kat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:01 PM

same here. I have those things everywhere, face and upper body, every piece of my skin is covered with it.

so far, I haven't had any luck.

#6 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(bananas @ Feb 16 2005, 06:59 PM)
YES! those damn things. it's like sand size. not even big as rice. Sometimes people get them around the nose but I get them pretty much everywhere.

i don't think they're blackheads, cause they're not black.

View Post

Oh my goodness... I'm part half glad someone else is going through the same thing as me, but I'm also half sad for you. What ARE those things?!! I've squeezed them completely out until you can actually see that the pore is empty, washed my skin VERY VERY well, scrubbed and exfoliated my skin, put face masks on, medicine, etc and they still come back! I can't get rid of them though, and I don't know what they are... clogged pores maybe? Anyone out there that can help us? eusa_pray.gif

#7 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:00 PM

They're called plugs. It's got parifin-like (wax) stuff and dried keratinized skin held together with sebum. Exfoliate more.

#8 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Feb 22 2005, 09:00 PM)
Exfoliate more.

View Post

shock.gif I exfoliate everyday... sometimes twice. But, they still keep coming back. I heard that you're not even supposed to exfoliate that often, but I love the way it makes my skin feel so smooth... it just doesn't seem to be helping out with my other problem... eusa_think.gif

#9 happy*gal

happy*gal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(bananas @ Feb 17 2005, 02:33 AM)

View Post

ugh...i get those too! that is the cause of my scarred pores. Everytime one of those suckers rolls off, it leaves a hole. I think those started for me after i used tretnoin cream as my skin is not the same anymore. i NEVER had those things before i used that cream 7 years ago. wow, i thought i was like the only one that got those....try explaining those to your derm, they kinda just look at you funny...they had no idea what i was talking about. eusa_wall.gif well, if anyone can figure out what is causes them, please let us know!!!!

#10 twocanyan

twocanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(happy*gal @ Feb 22 2005, 11:17 PM)
ugh...i get those too!  that is the cause of my scarred pores.  Everytime one of those suckers rolls off, it leaves a hole.  I think those started for me after i used tretnoin cream as my skin is not the same anymore.  i NEVER had those things before i used that cream 7 years ago.  wow, i thought i was like the only one that got those....try explaining those to your derm, they kinda just look at you funny...they had no idea what i was talking about.  eusa_wall.gif  well, if anyone can figure out what is causes them, please let us know!!!!

View Post

Not sure if I have the same thing.. but when i put pressure on my nose.. these white grain like this come out of the pores.. can someone tell me what those are and how i can get rid of them? i also get that on other parts of my face.. like sprouts

#11 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(twocanyan @ Feb 22 2005, 10:35 PM)
Not sure if I have the same thing.. but when i put pressure on my nose.. these white grain like this come out of the pores.. can someone tell me what those are and how i can get rid of them? i also get that on other parts of my face.. like sprouts

View Post

Yeah... that's them.

#12 twocanyan

twocanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(U s e r n a m e @ Feb 22 2005, 11:38 PM)
Yeah... that's them.

View Post

thanks for the quick reply.. so the way to get rid of them is to exfoliate more??

#13 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(twocanyan @ Feb 22 2005, 10:39 PM)
thanks for the quick reply.. so the way to get rid of them is to exfoliate more??

View Post

To tell you the truth.... I really have no idea. I've been exfoliating my skin like crazy and I STILL have them! wacko.gif

#14 Melchior

Melchior

I'm naoya_socol's #1 fan!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

I think I have this too. I've also been exfoliating too often sometimes, doesn't seem to help so much.

#15 kathryn

kathryn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:47 AM

i get them on my nose like really pale yellow grainy rice kinda thing.

but does anyone get tiny dots of proper yellow sebum when they squeeze their nose? not proper blackheads just like tiny dots of whitey yellow stuff. annoying! eusa_wall.gif

#16 TheK1d

TheK1d

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:49 PM

Does anyone get them in your chin right below your lip because i think i know what they may be.. eusa_think.gif

#17 twocanyan

twocanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(TheK1d @ Feb 23 2005, 08:49 PM)
Does anyone get them in your chin right below your lip because i think i know what they may be.. eusa_think.gif

View Post

if i put enough pressure.. my face looks like a cheese grater.. stuff comes out of everywhere

#18 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(TheK1d @ Feb 23 2005, 07:49 PM)

View Post

Yeah... I get them there too...

QUOTE(twocanyan @ Feb 23 2005, 10:24 PM)
if i put enough pressure.. my face looks like a cheese grater.. stuff comes out of everywhere

View Post

lol.gif That's like me.... funny thing is, that happens in places where my skin is so smooth and blemish-free looking, too. Weird... I even bought that Igia pore cleanser, you know that thing that's supposed to suction out all of the bad stuff out of your pores? WELL... it didn't seem to be doing anything at all for my face, so one day when I was using a face scrub, I thought... what the heck.. and I wanted to see if it would suck up the little grains in my face scrub... and it didn't, so how then would it be able to get stuff out of my pores? What a piece of junk... doubt.gif
But yeah, my face has come a LONG way, so even though these clogged pore things are sooo annoying, I much rather them anyday then big red pimples on my face. So I guess I should in some sence, feel blessed kind of right now that my face isn't so bad (right now atleast.... it always seems to come back bad out of the blue for no reason though, so I can't be too optimistic)... ya think chemical peels or microdermabrasion would help?

#19 TheK1d

TheK1d

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

hmm a picture would sure help....do they itch sometimes ? or does it make the spot where it lays redish?

edit:after u got them did acne start there?

user posted image

do they look like those ^ yellow things? eusa_think.gif

#20 Melchior

Melchior

I'm naoya_socol's #1 fan!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(TheK1d @ Feb 23 2005, 06:49 PM)

View Post

Spoil the surprise!