Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bananas

those dried sebum on your nose

27 posts in this topic

does anyone get these? it's like pin-prick sized dried sebum around your nose area. I get them on my face too. I don't know why this happens so i'm tryin to see if anyone knows. It's like dried oil that is in the pores of your skin and you can just kind of roll them off and they usually leave a tiny hole.

does anyone get these? it's like pin-prick sized dried sebum around your nose area. I get them on my face too. I don't know why this happens so i'm tryin to see if anyone knows. It's like dried oil that is in the pores of your skin and you can just kind of roll them off and they usually leave a tiny hole.

Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

The soft tanned flesh: it curves like waves upon a sea

Undulate and moving hips,

Arabic music playing, drums beat.

Adorned in beauty from head to feet.

Family and friends...

they are all looking at me!

I hope my dancing never ends

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

If you could see it then you'd understand - Coldplay

if they're on your nose, have a dark-ish colour, then they're blackheads.

trust me on this one, they're tough to get out. VERY TOUGH.

same here. I have those things everywhere, face and upper body, every piece of my skin is covered with it.

so far, I haven't had any luck.

Only puppies can brighten up my world! And that Tucker of mine is a special one!

YES! those damn things. it's like sand size. not even big as rice. Sometimes people get them around the nose but I get them pretty much everywhere.

i don't think they're blackheads, cause they're not black.

Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

They're called plugs. It's got parifin-like (wax) stuff and dried keratinized skin held together with sebum. Exfoliate more.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

Exfoliate more.

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

ugh...i get those too!  that is the cause of my scarred pores.  Everytime one of those suckers rolls off, it leaves a hole.  I think those started for me after i used tretnoin cream as my skin is not the same anymore.  i NEVER had those things before i used that cream 7 years ago.  wow, i thought i was like the only one that got those....try explaining those to your derm, they kinda just look at you funny...they had no idea what i was talking about.  eusa_wall.gif  well, if anyone can figure out what is causes them, please let us know!!!!

Not sure if I have the same thing.. but when i put pressure on my nose.. these white grain like this come out of the pores.. can someone tell me what those are and how i can get rid of them? i also get that on other parts of my face.. like sprouts

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

thanks for the quick reply.. so the way to get rid of them is to exfoliate more??

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

i get them on my nose like really pale yellow grainy rice kinda thing.

but does anyone get tiny dots of proper yellow sebum when they squeeze their nose? not proper blackheads just like tiny dots of whitey yellow stuff. annoying! eusa_wall.gif

Does anyone get them in your chin right below your lip because i think i know what they may be.. eusa_think.gif

Does anyone get them in your chin right below your lip because i think i know what they may be.. eusa_think.gif

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

hmm a picture would sure help....do they itch sometimes ? or does it make the spot where it lays redish?

edit:after u got them did acne start there?

user posted image

do they look like those ^ yellow things? eusa_think.gif

do they look like those ^ yellow things? eusa_think.gif

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

Spoil the surprise!

Salam!

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

Family and friends...

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

we are all talking about the same thing

they aren't blackheads

none of us know how to get rid of them.. permanently.

I have both the plugs and blackheads on my nose. i went on mino a while back to clear up my acne, before stating on it i squeezed everything out of my nose. the mino did nothing for the rest of my face, but the plugs and blackheads stayed away biggrin.gif . about 3 months ago the mino stopped having an affect and the plugs have come with avengance cry.gif i want to try it again, hoping it'd work once more, at least for a little while. theres almost more surface area on my nose taken up by the plugs than by skin

while i look for a permanent solution, i need a quick fix that is easier on my skin than sqeezing with my fingers. do those pore strips pull them out?

I use to get those and squeeze me nose tonnes and now i have like diff colours skin texture on my nose... there are a few things ive done that have been quite effective...

Pore strips... but not just any, you want the ones from biore... they really suck them all out and clear your nose completely... but then you have lil empty pores on your nose, so you should like get ice and run it over to close up all the pores. This is probably the best thing ive ever used for my acne... it really suck the crud out of your nose and hurts to take off, but when you do and when you look at the adhesive pad you itll disgust you.

Exfoliating helps also, but it didnt really seem to work that well for me... i use to scrub them in the shower and it wouldnt get rid of them but they'd be less bumpy and my nose would feel smooth

I think differin might help also... cause last week i squeezed em all out and now i havent got any back... and i only just started using differin cream this week... its suppose to stop pores from clogging ? so it might have an effect

Anyways like i said probably the best thing to do is go out and buy some Biore Pore Strips, you'll see instant results... the only reason i stopped was because i needed to use it every 3-4 days and i couldnt afford going to the shops just buying nose strips tongue.gif

Managing our emotions increases intuition and clarity. It helps us self-regulate our brain chemicals and internal hormones. It gives us natural highs, the real fountain of youth we've been searching for. It enables us to drink from elixirs locked within our cells, just waiting for us to discover them.

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.

For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.

For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

Currently 92% Clear

Wash Face With AHA Cleanser

Apply AHA Moisturiser (Contains Vit C and Green Tea)

Taking 10g of Vitamin B5 Daily

Taking 1 Glass of Green Tea Daily (When remembered)

Taking 1 Multi Vitamin Daily (Contains a little of all vitamins)