Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbs that really work

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I always find Artichoke and Milk Thistle the best to control breakouts. Astragalus and Oat are meant to be helpful but nothing beats Artichoke and Milk Thistle. I would recommened people try it, its mean to strengthen the liver, and makes the liver function much better.

The cleansing liver herbs however dont seem to cut it for me. Burdock, Dandellion and Yellow Dock are meant to be effective but they dont give me results. So I was wondering if anyone can suggest any other liver herb which is effective for them?

Remember herbs lose their effectivness after a week or so. So I would suggest cycling them. That works a charm for me.

So are you controlling your acne simply by taking milk thistle and artichoke? If so, that's really great. I like simple solutions.

Remember herbs lose their effectivness after a week or so. So I would suggest cycling them. That works a charm for me.

Do these herbs cause initial breakout (purging)? Just curious.

Hi guys,

Yes Artichoke and Milk Thistle have worked great for me. But I have done quite a few bowel cleanses and lots of liver purges which I feel helped out a bunch even though my bowels are messed now

Yes herbs ALWAYS lose their effectiveness if used continuously. That is why most of you saw great results for a short while then went back to your old symptoms.

However there is a simple 'trick' to deal with this. Simply cycle the herbs. So say 7-9 days one set of herbs, and the next 7-9 days another set...experiment a little.

In my experience they didn't cause any initial breakouts, if something works for you you will see results.

Do these herbs cause initial breakout (purging)?  Just curious.