milk thistle

4 replies to this topic

#1 AC_United

AC_United

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hi, I always find Artichoke and Milk Thistle the best to control breakouts. Astragalus and Oat are meant to be helpful but nothing beats Artichoke and Milk Thistle. I would recommened people try it, its mean to strengthen the liver, and makes the liver function much better.

The cleansing liver herbs however dont seem to cut it for me. Burdock, Dandellion and Yellow Dock are meant to be effective but they dont give me results. So I was wondering if anyone can suggest any other liver herb which is effective for them?

Remember herbs lose their effectivness after a week or so. So I would suggest cycling them. That works a charm for me.
Only those that attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible

#2 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

So are you controlling your acne simply by taking milk thistle and artichoke? If so, that's really great. I like simple solutions.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#3 Red_Butterfly

Red_Butterfly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(AC_United @ Feb 13 2005, 07:26 PM)
Remember herbs lose their effectivness after a week or so. So I would suggest cycling them. That works a charm for me.

View Post

Really? I didn't know this...but i need to take Burdock root everyday for it's insulin-like properties...not only to cleanse the liver...

what other herbal supplements can I take that will help with acne?
"Do you know that place between asleep and awake? That place where you remember dreaming? That's where I'll always wait for you...that's where I'll always love you."

#4 riffraff

riffraff

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:54 AM

Do these herbs cause initial breakout (purging)? Just curious.

#5 AC_United

AC_United

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hi guys,

Yes Artichoke and Milk Thistle have worked great for me. But I have done quite a few bowel cleanses and lots of liver purges which I feel helped out a bunch even though my bowels are messed now

Yes herbs ALWAYS lose their effectiveness if used continuously. That is why most of you saw great results for a short while then went back to your old symptoms.
However there is a simple 'trick' to deal with this. Simply cycle the herbs. So say 7-9 days one set of herbs, and the next 7-9 days another set...experiment a little.

In my experience they didn't cause any initial breakouts, if something works for you you will see results.

QUOTE(riffraff @ Feb 14 2005, 09:54 AM)
Do these herbs cause initial breakout (purging)?  Just curious.

View Post

Only those that attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users