Not another B5 thread...

5 replies to this topic

#1 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

24 Hour Revenge Therapy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

Thank you for reading this. This is very important to me.

Alright, I have been suffering from body acne for over four years now, and I have tried all sorts of treatments, including antibiotics, Retin A, Tazorac, Differin, etc. I have tried experimenting with diet. I have tried different cleansers in the shower, but nothing seems to make it go away.

One thing that I have never tried was the use of B5. I have read a lot of good things about its effectiveness, and I have read an almost equal number of bad things regarding B5 supplimentation. One thing that I want to know (for those who have experienced success with this method) is do the positive effects last?

I have read about the effects of taking B5 for acne not lasting long term, and I really don't want to spend all this money and time doing something that will only keep me clear for a couple of months and then never work again. So could someone who has experience with this stuff please share anything they think I should know about it before I try this avenue.

Thanks again, and good luck to you all.

#2 clayjar

clayjar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

I don't know man, you can try it, but for me it only seemed to cause worse cysts. I took 10g a day for 3 months and nothing. I shouldn't say nothing, I definitely noticed my hair thinned out. Scared me to death. Last thing I want to do is go bald and not even get rid of the acne. I've heard others saying the same thing with their hair. And yes, I did make sure I was getting all the B vitamins as to help balance things out. But 10g is just way too much. Not worth it for me, but others swear by it. Everyone's different.

#3 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

B5 worked very well for me, but yea, the hair thing.. that's why I quit it after about 6 months.

#4 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

24 Hour Revenge Therapy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:58 PM

Alright, so you quit after six months, but did your acne come back after you went off B5?

#5 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

I don't know yet, I quit it a week ago

#6 arrshixerrr

arrshixerrr

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:52 PM

Whoa you guys, I did notice a little thinning of my hair, but recently I have started taking Flax 1000mg once or twice a day along with vitamin E 1000mg. After about a week or so, I noticed that my hair was getting thicker again and even had a few comments about it, so if it does start to thin out try the flax and vitamin E...I also went down to 3 grams a day, but might jump that back up as Im starting to break out again. What other side effects did people have??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users