Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not another B5 thread...

6 posts in this topic

Thank you for reading this. This is very important to me.

Alright, I have been suffering from body acne for over four years now, and I have tried all sorts of treatments, including antibiotics, Retin A, Tazorac, Differin, etc. I have tried experimenting with diet. I have tried different cleansers in the shower, but nothing seems to make it go away.

One thing that I have never tried was the use of B5. I have read a lot of good things about its effectiveness, and I have read an almost equal number of bad things regarding B5 supplimentation. One thing that I want to know (for those who have experienced success with this method) is do the positive effects last?

I have read about the effects of taking B5 for acne not lasting long term, and I really don't want to spend all this money and time doing something that will only keep me clear for a couple of months and then never work again. So could someone who has experience with this stuff please share anything they think I should know about it before I try this avenue.

Thanks again, and good luck to you all.

President Bush is a fucking rubber.

I don't know man, you can try it, but for me it only seemed to cause worse cysts. I took 10g a day for 3 months and nothing. I shouldn't say nothing, I definitely noticed my hair thinned out. Scared me to death. Last thing I want to do is go bald and not even get rid of the acne. I've heard others saying the same thing with their hair. And yes, I did make sure I was getting all the B vitamins as to help balance things out. But 10g is just way too much. Not worth it for me, but others swear by it. Everyone's different.

HOPE

B5 worked very well for me, but yea, the hair thing.. that's why I quit it after about 6 months.

Whoa you guys, I did notice a little thinning of my hair, but recently I have started taking Flax 1000mg once or twice a day along with vitamin E 1000mg. After about a week or so, I noticed that my hair was getting thicker again and even had a few comments about it, so if it does start to thin out try the flax and vitamin E...I also went down to 3 grams a day, but might jump that back up as Im starting to break out again. What other side effects did people have??