Photo

My Diet...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:57 PM

Hi all,
I have gotten allmost clear from my diet although i still breakout with small spots.

This is it:

Morning:
Porridge oats with water without sugar.
Water for drink.

1 hour later:
Apple.
Brazil nuts
Water.

3 hours later:
Quinoa mixed with peas (steamed) and a chicken breast (steamed)
Water for drink.

30 mins later:
Apple or pear.
Water.

4 hours later:
Quinoa with chicken breast (steamed) and salad (lettuce and carrats)

30 mins later:
Apple or pear.
Water for drink.

2 hours later:
Bowl of steamed veggies (carrats, peas and broccili) with a lil bit of wholegrain brown rice.
Apple or Pear.
Brazil nuts.
Water for drink.

This is my diet plan, is there anything that i could replace. If so with what?
What do u try to include?

Thanks alot,
Tom (=
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:33 PM

Its those apples that are helping you, keep them.

#3 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:17 PM

Windwaker,
It looks great, but I think you might want to add some variety in there or you'll get bored with it. One way to spice things up is to learn to make some sauces/gravies that you like that you can put on grains and veggies. Find a recipe for a vegan "cheesy" sauce or mushroom gravy or whatever.
I made some quinoa patties the other night that were basically quinoa, veggies, and sunflower seeds. We ate them with lettuce and vegan aioli.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#4 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 12 2005, 09:17 PM)
Windwaker,
  It looks great, but I think you might want to add some variety in there or you'll get bored with it.  One way to spice things up is to learn to make some sauces/gravies that you like that you can put on grains and veggies.  Find a recipe for a vegan "cheesy" sauce or mushroom gravy or whatever. 
  I made some quinoa patties the other night that were basically quinoa, veggies, and sunflower seeds.  We ate them with lettuce and vegan aioli.

View Post

Thanks for the reply smile.gif , yep i know my diet does sometimes get a bit boring.
I really want another meat but its just choosing which.
Thats a great idea though, never thought of doing that.
I would love to do that aswell regarding the sauces but its just finding recipies.

Tom

#5 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

wow. thats very similar to the freeacnebook.com sample diet. It looks like you're going in the right direction.

Variety is bliss though. maybe throw in a peach, plum, orange, or banana here and there.

Those Brazil Nuts are defintely stabalizing your blood sugar levels from all those apples and pears.
eusa_clap.gif

#6 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(WindWaker* @ Feb 12 2005, 04:26 PM)
Thanks for the reply smile.gif , yep i know my diet does sometimes get a bit boring.
I really want another meat but its just choosing which.
Thats a great idea though, never thought of doing that.
I would love to do that aswell regarding the sauces but its just finding recipies.

Tom

View Post

Finding the recipes is not too hard.
veganchef.com has some good ones.
Or go to a bookstore and get a vegan cookbook. I recommend A celebration of wellness by Nathalie Cedarquist. It has great recipes that are really healthy.
Or pm me and I can give you some good recipes.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

#7 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 13 2005, 02:29 AM)
Finding the recipes is not too hard. 
veganchef.com has some good ones.
Or go to a bookstore and get a vegan cookbook. I recommend A celebration of wellness by Nathalie Cedarquist.  It has great recipes that are really healthy. 
Or pm me and I can give you some good recipes.

View Post

Thanks for the web address, they look nice but obviously i could customise some of the recipies.

Tom smile.gif

#8 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Feb 12 2005, 11:40 PM)
wow. thats very similar to the freeacnebook.com sample diet. It looks like you're going in the right direction.

Variety is bliss though. maybe throw in a peach, plum, orange, or banana here and there.

Those Brazil Nuts are defintely stabalizing your blood sugar levels from all those apples and pears.
eusa_clap.gif

View Post

Oh yeh, just had a look smile.gif.
So anything fatty would stabalize blood sugar, interesting eusa_think.gif. Didnt know that.

Tom

#9 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(WindWaker* @ Feb 13 2005, 02:42 PM)
Thanks for the web address, they look nice but obviously i could customise some of the recipies.

Tom smile.gif

View Post

Yes, I change/make substitutions in recipes ALL the time. I pmed you a couple of sauce recipes
My regimen:

#10 scongiundi

scongiundi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:35 PM

i have some stuff to say...

if you like fish, then you should defeinitely put salmon into your diet. it is important to get protein with every meal and omega-3 also. Salmon has both and high levels of it. plus... IT'S GOOD. i buy frozen filets and bake them in the oven. (of course, putting spices and stuff on it)

also, try berries to substitue for some of those apples. they have natural antioxidants that help in anti-inflammatories.

also, try salad with extra virgin olive oil and a lil lemon juice..... olive oil is GREAT for acne... helps absorb omega-3.

one more thing... buy ground flax seed and sprinkle it on practically everything.... has LOTS of omega-3. ur skin will thank you for the effort. believe me!

#11 antimatter

antimatter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

Olive oil goes rancid pretty quick, and then you have to buy the organic extra virgin kind, which is not easily obtainable and expensive. I would just go for avocado, dipped with Celtic Seasalt, to fulfill your fat, the healthy kind, requirement. It's cheap, not much hassle, and surprisingly tasty, and most importantly healthy.

#12 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for all the tips guys, much apprciated.
About the fish, i would love to add it back in to my diet but i have heard that it is a top allergen so im not sure.
Can somebody recommend some other meats which i could include back in to my diet.

Thx,
Tom :-)

#13 scongiundi

scongiundi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:17 PM

any meats except red meat is ok.... it is important to get protein that is why. (eggs are good too.... despite what everyone will try to tell you about them being bad)

what do you mean when u say that fish is a top allergen?

#14 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

Thx for the reply,
I have read that fish has a lot of iodine and mercury in it, aswell as other things and it is the most likely to trigger a reaction.

Tom

#15 scongiundi

scongiundi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:10 PM

well i dunno but from this book that was highly recommended it says that eating LOTS of salmon ( as well as other fish) is highly good for your acne..... i eat salmon just about every day for dinner.... and it's done nothing but help me.

#16 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:33 PM

You are certainly on the right track and I applaud your efforts at such a great diet. Peaches and plums are very low on the glycemic index. I would replace the carrots and peas with more broccoli - you should have LOTS of green veggies. Kale, collards, spinach. Sprouts are great too as is cabbage. I would include beans cooked with no oils or meats -lentils, pinto, anazazi, black, etc.... If you are still breaking out, then cut out the rice even though it is brown. Dr. Mann who is studying teen boys and acne says to look for low GI labeled foods and get a book that lists GI of foods such as Jennie Brand-Miller's various GI books, but there are many others. The brown rice is probably the only thing you mention that could be still high GI (there are even different types of brown rice) His subjects ate limited amounts of
whole grain products and limited amounts of rice (low GI basmati) but no high GI carb foods. Just remember - fiber fiber fiber. Add some grilled fish too. See my new post with my whole list of what we did to stop my son's acne.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

#17 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Minnym0use @ Feb 18 2005, 11:33 PM)
You are certainly on the right track and I applaud your efforts at such a great diet.  Peaches and plums are very low on the glycemic index.  I would replace the carrots and peas with more broccoli - you should have LOTS of green veggies.  Kale, collards, spinach.  Sprouts are great too as is cabbage.  I would include beans cooked with no oils or meats -lentils, pinto, anazazi, black, etc....  If you are still breaking out, then cut out the rice even though it is brown.  Dr. Mann who is studying teen boys and acne says to look for low GI labeled foods and get a book that lists GI of foods such as Jennie Brand-Miller's various GI books, but there are many others.  The brown rice is probably the only thing you mention that could be still high GI (there are even different types of brown rice)  His subjects ate limited amounts of
whole grain products and limited amounts of rice (low GI basmati) but no high GI carb foods.  Just remember - fiber fiber fiber.  Add some grilled fish too.  See my new post with my whole list of what we did to stop my son's acne.

View Post

Thanks alot, I appreciate your thoughts and food ideas.
About the fish, what fish does your son eat now?
Is it ok to eat coley or cod?

Tom :-)

#18 scongiundi

scongiundi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

i think any fish is ok..... just watch out... because some fish will have high amounts of mercury which is bad for your overall health. (such as tuna)

#19 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(scongiundi @ Feb 19 2005, 09:30 PM)
i think any fish is ok..... just watch out... because some fish will have high amounts of mercury which is bad for your overall health. (such as tuna)

View Post

Fish is incredibly good for you. If you ask any doctor\surgeon\neurosurgeon whoever im sure they would agree. I've heard many doctors say that fish and vegetables are probably the healthiest stuff around. Eating canned tuna\salmon is very good but getting the fresh stuff would be better, but that does not say anything bad about canned. Fish does not contain many harmful things and hormones. It is rich in omega-3 which fights heart disease and helps nerve cell transmission in the brain. omega-3 has also been shown to help skin as well. Fish is also very high in protein

#20 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(scongiundi @ Feb 19 2005, 09:30 PM)

View Post

Oh yeah, i just googled it and apparently salmon has the least amount of mercury.

Mean mercury level in parts per million (ppm):

Canned tuna (light) = 0.12
Shrimp ND* = 0.27
Pollock = 0.06
Salmon (fresh,frozen) = 0.01
Cod = 0.11
Catfish = 0.05
Clams = ND*
Flounder or sole = 0.05
Crabs = 0.06
Scallops = 0.05

Other common seafoods: