Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

could acne be a food allergy?

10 posts in this topic

I've had acne for many years, and I've done a bunch of experiments with diet.

Acne is supposed to take a few weeks to form, right? Then why do I break out THE NEXT DAY after eating a particular food?

I eat practically the same things every day, so I notice when I try another type of food, it breaks me out. These foods include:

bananas

oatmeal

cookies

"combos" snacks

tuna

anything with a lot of sugar

I tried to find explanations, and found the "no iodine" and "high glycemix index" theories. They seem to make sense in explaining what I know from life.

Wouldn't this explain why Accutane doesn't work for some people? Maybe it's not the oil that's causing their acne, but the foods they eat?

Yeah I always thought of the same thing! That acne is some sorta allergy to some food. Cause not everyone is allergic to seafood, or peanuts, so maybe to some people with acne we have some sort of allergic reaction to certain foods. For me, i break out when I eat peanuts! I really do!! I am tryin to minimize the amount of junk food dat I eat and I will see if dat helps my acne at all! Plus I have been drinking lots of water!

am regimen:

1.burt's bees tomato garden soap

2.burt's bees tomato garden toner

3. burt's bees marshmallow vanishing cream

pm regimen:

1.burt's bees tomato garden soap

2.burt's bees tomato garden toner

3.100% Dessert Essence Tea tree oil

4. burt's bees marshmallow vanishing cream

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (3 times a week)

My Regimen Log

I've had acne for many years, and I've done a bunch of experiments with diet.

Acne is supposed to take a few weeks to form, right? Then why do I break out THE NEXT DAY after eating a particular food?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

oatmeal eusa_think.gif, i normally have that and find that i have small pimples form. What do u eat for breakfast?

Thx,

Tom

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I usually have breakfast after my first class, so it gives my stomach time to "wake up." I have a sandwich on rye bread with turkey, sweet pepper, russian dressing, lettuce. And a cup of camomile tea.

teplo, that's what I'm thinking too. Have you read about my current experiment?

It all came to me in a flash when I read something about improperly digested food particles in the bloodstream causing food allergies. It's in one of the links in the original post.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

Interesting, I quit B5 too, but now I have a regimen that doesn't require any internal medications.

teplo, that's what I'm thinking too.  Have you read about my current experiment?

It all came to me in a flash when I read something about improperly digested food particles in the bloodstream causing food allergies.  It's in one of the links in the original post.

HOPE