Photo

What seems to be working for me : stop wheat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 zigzag

zigzag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:15 PM

For the past 2.5 - 3 weeks i've been off any wheat ingredients, except for very minute drops... and I have to say my acne is improving tremendously. Skin is no longer easily irritated or inflamed, it seems solid and in good shape!!!

I looked at my diet and I was consuming TONS of wheat products, pasta, cereal, bread, misc baked stuff, cookies, eeeverything... stop that, its gone! I'll keep you posted I guess.

Try this!

I think I also feel better over all, for whatever reason, less tired, more energy, even though I currently have a pretty bad cold...

PS: I started a new thread to get more attention to this... lets show that its working for more than just one person!

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(zigzag @ Feb 8 2005, 09:15 PM)
For the past 2.5 - 3 weeks i've been off any wheat ingredients, except for very minute drops... and I have to say my acne is improving tremendously. Skin is no longer easily irritated or inflamed, it seems solid and in good shape!!!

I looked at my diet and I was consuming TONS of wheat products, pasta, cereal, bread, misc baked stuff, cookies, eeeverything... stop that, its gone! I'll keep you posted I guess.

Try this!

I think I also feel better over all, for whatever reason, less tired, more energy, even though I currently have a pretty bad cold...

PS: I started a new thread to get more attention to this... lets show that its working for more than just one person![I]

View Post

Got my vote wink.gif

#3 ezekiel

ezekiel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

good work zigzag. i done the same thing a few years back, and managed to rid myself of cystic acne. it didnt clear up my skin 100% (workin on the rest now with diet changes) but it healed me of the worst parts of it.
ninja.gif

#4 Geneva

Geneva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

Since the beginning of the week I've decided to stop wheat for a while too and see how things go. My acne is actually usually mild but these past couple weeks I've been really busy at work/school and basically survived on a diet of pasta and sandwiches....and guess what, bang, I got the biggest breakout since months !!

I know I'm lactose intolerant but as it turns out, I might be wheat intolerant too (I read somewhere that the tow are frequently linked).

Anyway....I'll update about my progress in a couple weeks. Guess it might take a while until I see results.

#5 zigzag

zigzag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Geneva @ Feb 9 2005, 05:53 PM)
Since the beginning of the week I've decided to stop wheat for a while too and see how things go. My acne is actually usually mild but these past couple weeks I've been really busy at work/school and basically survived on a diet of pasta and sandwiches....and guess what, bang, I got the biggest breakout since months !!

I know I'm lactose intolerant but as it turns out, I might be wheat intolerant too (I read somewhere that the tow are frequently linked).

Anyway....I'll update about my progress in a couple weeks. Guess it might take a while until I see results.

View Post

Keep us posted!

Still doing great here biggrin.gif

#6 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:03 AM

what could i substitute with wheat?

#7 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE(Ben16 @ Feb 13 2005, 11:03 AM)
what could i substitute with wheat?

View Post

I know of a few brands of wheat-free breads and pastas, but they're expensive and most of them don't taste all that nice. You could replace pasta with rice.

#8 alter9

alter9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:13 AM

there's rice everything - rice pasta, rice flour, rice milk, etc. i'm not eating gluten, lactose, or soy (despite all the hype, almost as bad as dairy) right now, and my skin is improving tremendously... apparently, dairy and acne are commonly linked, so try weaning yourself off of it.

#9 mz_tinkerbelle

mz_tinkerbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:18 AM

Is white rice ok to eat?

#10 zigzag

zigzag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(mz_tinkerbelle @ Feb 13 2005, 11:18 AM)
Is white rice ok to eat?

View Post

I eat it but try not to eat tooo much of it, and I am okay. But I guess it depends on whether your problem is wheat or gluten, or maybe just how sensitive you are to gluten. I just don't eat wheat, I eat more of everything else... I don't replace it... I can live w/o it.

I still eat some dairy, but I don't drink milk (don't like it)... eat some cheeses. It doesn't seem to affect me...

PS. brown rice is better.

#11 phil_b

phil_b

$_GET['myName']

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

I beleive wheat is the largest factor with my acne. Once i cut it out ( I live on meat/protein only now) my skin is perfectly clear.

As soon as i start to erat breads and cereal etc again, i break out.

#12 Geneva

Geneva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

Just a quick update!
I've been off wheat for a week now and I'm starting to see results. Although I'm still getting a blemish or two, they are really small and disappear within a couple days. That is a big change from the hard nodules I used to get until now....
I also had a lot of almost invisible "whiteheads" on the chin area (I think they are called milia). They did not bother me that much as they were not noticeable but they seem to be disappearing slowly...(I've had those for as long as I can remember......10-15 years probably !!).
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to be completely clear at the end of the month !!

I realise this is not the cure for everyone....but if I do get better by simply cutting out wheat, I will be really happy eusa_dance.gif !!!!

#13 alina

alina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:47 AM

i wanna try this soooo bad, but i loveeee bread!!!!

#14 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(alina @ Feb 15 2005, 07:47 AM)

View Post

"bread" can be made from other grains or flours (nut, bean) than just wheat. =)

#15 monicah

monicah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:26 AM

I haven't eaten any wheat since November. I no longer have backacne! eusa_dance.gif

#16 kat1

kat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:57 PM

I've been of wheat (gluten for the most part also) since last week monday, so it's been about 9 days but I haven't seen any improvement. I have oily skin, large conjested pores, all over my face and upper body. Since nothing ever helped (I am 28) I thought, I'll give diet a shot.

I was wondering when should I see some small improvements in my skin?

I would like to get my blood tested for any food intolerance, but that costs about 200 bucks. I heard that sugar doesn't really play a significant role in acne but I would love to eliminate it for a while. I know 100% that is is impossible, since I love sweets.

I also love bread, but they have rice bread, which is Wheat and Gluten free and Spelt flour bread, which is a wheat alternative flour, but it has gluten in it.
So I am glad that I found those alternatives.

If anyone could give me any feedback in when I should see results with this wheat free diet, please let me know

thanks

kat

#17 Goody317

Goody317

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:15 PM

sry to mess up your thread but I think everyone is allowed to say what they feel. Your info doesn't make sense!

EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!... Bread? pasta? breaks you out lmao! wheat ingredients ? what is this man come on, there is no such thing

#18 clearskinwanter

clearskinwanter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:16 PM

yea me too but i eat all that stuff every1 listed that had wheat in it, i'd probably end up with some kind of weird eating problem if i tried it , i'd have to give up all my fave foods cry.gif maybe ill give it a try if i can make a list of tons of stuff i can eat that dont have wheat in them.

#19 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(kat1 @ Feb 16 2005, 07:57 PM)
I've been of wheat (gluten for the most part also) since last week monday, so it's been about 9 days but I haven't seen any improvement. I have oily skin, large conjested pores, all over my face and upper body. Since nothing ever helped (I am 28) I thought, I'll give diet a shot.

I was wondering when should I see some small improvements in my skin?

I would like to get my blood tested for any food intolerance, but that costs about 200 bucks. I heard that sugar doesn't really play a significant role in acne  but I would love to eliminate it for a while. I know 100% that is is impossible, since I love sweets.

I also love bread, but they have rice bread, which is Wheat and Gluten free and Spelt flour bread, which is a wheat alternative flour, but it has gluten in it.
So I am glad that I found those alternatives.

If anyone could give me any feedback in when I should see results with this wheat free diet, please let me know

thanks

kat

View Post

You seem fairly knowledgable about wheat and gluten, so would you mind sharing what you are currently eating at the moment? Also Spelt is gluten so perhaps if you arent' getting enough results you may want to try going Gluten-Free instead.

Thanks

#20 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(clearskinwanter @ Feb 16 2005, 08:16 PM)
yea me too but i eat all that stuff every1 listed that had wheat in it, i'd probably end up with some kind of weird eating problem if i tried it , i'd have to give up all my fave foods  cry.gif maybe ill give it a try if i can make a list of tons of stuff i can eat that dont have wheat in them.

View Post

LOL, I'm a bread lover too! I had to give up most of my favorite dry goods, but I really had no choice. I can still eat certain things like cookies, cakes, muffins, waffles, & pasta, and fresh bread, but I do so with other flours and I don't do it very often. I suppose you could, but I just gave it up rather easily to where I think about those kinds of foods maybe every couple of months and decide to buy a box of cookies or make pasta. That's a big change from eating sandwiches, burgers, pizza, pasta, crackers, granola bars, cereal, waffles, etc on a daily basis. Yet, the results just made THAT easy for me. Perhaps if you can't find other answers this is something you wouldn't mind testing out for at the very least 2 - 4 weeks.

Best wishes.