Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:18 PM

if you think you know

#2 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(she loves me not @ Feb 3 2005, 08:18 PM)
if you think you know

View Post

It's always good to have a healthy diet, but I wouldn't stress too much about what foods to avoid unless you're positive of allergies to certain foods. You've decided to go with Accutane and that usually clears most people up no matter what your diet is. HOWEVER, acne is often a sign of a poor diet in the first place so you might want to think about switching over to a healthier diet for your own sake.

#3 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

I think it does. My buddy has extreme acne and has had for years. He basically eats chips pops fries donuts. He is extremlly skinny which i find ironic to a point someone made about seeing skinny ppl with acne and fat ppl without. But I do think it matters because he took accutane and is on it still and eats the same garbage he did and he still has his acne. Some cleared up but basically it is making his skin\lips\nose dry and his acne is staying. I think this is because he eats garbage though so I woudl say watch what u eat even if on accutane.

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

You can't take accutane forever, and it seems like some people eventually get acne again. If you work on your diet while you're on accutane, maybe you will develop good habits that will continue to work for you after you're off.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#5 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:05 PM

Cjb, some people do get acne even after Accutane, but that is because their dosage was to low and their doctors were to cautious over bogus sideffects.

I like your second sentence.

I am on tetracycline, and don't worry about my diet as much.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users