Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annoyed_at_acne

Flaxseed oil helped :)

3 posts in this topic

I just wanted to post to let you guys know that awhile ago, I started taking a tablespoon of flaxseed oil a day and it helped my acne a lot! It took about a month to kick in though. After 2 weeks of using it my boyfriend commented my skin was very soft, then another couple weeks, to my surprise my acne started getting better cool.gif I stopped taking it, and now I just started taking a teaspoon a day(5 pills), I don't know if that's enough to work or not though.

Face:

-Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion

-small amount of moisturizer on any dry areas (Cetaphil lotion or Complex 15)

-Elta MD UV Physical SPF 41

Body acne, at night only:

-Aveeno Skin Relief Unscented body wash

-Dan's Acne.org BP gel

-Cetaphil SPF15 Moisturizer (no I don't care about the SPF since it's at night, this is

just the best one I've found), then sleep in a white t-shirt.

-Hair care to prevent body acne - use lightest products possible such as

Free&Clear Shampoo and conditioners with water soluble silicones only, always do first THEN use body wash after to make sure none stays on skin.

Results: Clear skin!!!

webmd.com has an article that mentions evidence of increased prostate cancer risk (guys only, of course) from flaxseed oil. fish oil is an alternative. I forget which EFA's are the most beneficial for acne. Fish oil just has omega-3's I think. my research at the time wasn't concerning acne so I don't really remember all the other details I read. it's just something that might be of interest to some.

there are EFA complexes with all the ones the body needs, but they're sort of expensive.