Photo

absolutely pathetic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 pimps43565

pimps43565

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:37 AM

ok, i have looked at most of the topics in this forum and i have come to the conclusion that you are all ignorant people just searching for hope. Some of the stuff that is mentioned in this forum is preposterous. Think about it for a second. I am sure 90 percent of you guys try all of these garbage techniques/products and either make your condition worse or it just stays the same. Acne is something that is not going to go away just like that, when you grow out of it, you grow out of it, period. I just wanted to mention this cuz some of the things people are bringing up are absolutely ridiculous such as "oh, if i eat 2 lbs of cashew nuts will my acne go away", and "will drinking 2.756 hours before eating cure all my problems?" or "will watching jay leno instead of conan obrien rid me of this horrible disease?"(joke:)). I mean cmon guys, lets face it, if you have acne you are going to have acne so just deal with it and focus on other things in life.

#2 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:54 AM

eusa_hand.gif Why is it so hard to believe that what u put on the inside is going to impact on the outside. 'U are what u eat!!' Never forget that.
About the cashews, we never said that it was the cure for acne we just stated that they are good for killing gram positive bacteria.
Please check out curezone.com for more about diet and acne.

Tom cool.gif
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#3 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(pimps43565 @ Feb 3 2005, 04:37 PM)
ok, i have looked at most of the topics in this forum and i have come to the conclusion that you are all ignorant people just searching for hope.  Some of the stuff that is mentioned in this forum is preposterous.

that does have a ring of truth to it I must admit

QUOTE(pimps43565 @ Feb 3 2005, 04:37 PM)
  Acne is something that is not going to go away just like that, when you grow out of it, you grow out of it, period. 

Since the medical community still doesnt know all the fact about acne, I seriously doubt you have the answer.
I think it's only good that people try to combat this terrible condition every way possible.

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(WindWaker* @ Feb 3 2005, 08:54 AM)
eusa_hand.gif Why is it so hard to believe that what u put on the inside is going to impact on the outside. 'U  are what u eat!!' Never forget that.
About the cashews, we never said that it was the cure for acne we just stated that they are good for killing gram positive bacteria.
Please check out curezone.com for more about diet and acne.

Tom cool.gif

View Post

I will agree there are SOME ridiculous posts, like "will pasta break me out", however there is a lot of really good info here. If you don't like it, don't waste your time here.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#5 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 3 2005, 05:30 PM)
I will agree there are SOME ridiculous posts, like "will pasta break me out", however there is a lot of really good info here.  If you don't like it, don't waste your time here.

View Post

co-sign

#6 Iarephel

Iarephel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:53 AM

Acne is something that is not going to go away just like that, when you grow out of it, you grow out of it, period.

I agree some things that are posted on here sound far fetched, but not even doctors understand everything about it. Besides...not everyone grows out of it and we want to try and do something about it.

#7 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

Lol, I know this is a troll post, but i have to respond anyway, since you singled out my quote specifically. First of all, I'm clear, I grew out of it. Second of all, I never said that it would cure your acne, just be really effective at getting rid of the bacteria. It won't help with clogged pores, oil production, etc...

I only posted it because I was searching for thigns that normalize keratization and I happened to stumble upon a site, a site that is backed by testing and cashew nuts have a chemical property that is really really effective against gram positive bacteria. This was a site that was primarily dedicated to dentistry. In these studies, patients chewed on 2oz. of cashews for four days and their dental abcess was completely eliminated(If you've ever has abcess, you'd know it's much worse than acne). Further they analyzed the chemical in cashews that did this and guess what? It was just as effective against other gram positive bacteria such as the one that causes leprosy and acne.

Now do you think antiboiotics are crazy?(Just fishing for your stance on alternatives). This works the same way, without killing all the bacteria.

I never said this would work for everyone, may some people react differently to cashews, or their body doesn't process them effective enough to kill bacteria, or maybe they go overboard and take too much and their body doesn't respond to it anymore, etc...

I'm just throwing out ideas because for many, they never grow out of it, especially the poor souls that start to get acne in their 20's.

I realize the limitations of doctors knowledge, as I know a few really well and my friend is going through the process right now in med school. I know that what they are saying about acne is just as vain an attempt to stop acne as some people here. I trust scientists opinions more as they are the ones that really understand chemistry and biology at the molecular level. I know doctors that have forgot to draw some chemical chains they learned in high school, simply because they have never needed to remember them. If a couple of scientists with masters of PhD's puts out a valid study, even if it is only one or two studies, I will post it if it shows progress for acne. This was one of them. The equol study I posted was another. Perhaps they aren't cures but I never just grab onto faint hopes that something will work just because, like some. I always have had others do the research before I post something.

I'd just like to add that while some of these things don't work for most people like say you, doesn't mean it won't. I know one person who cleared becasue of olive leaf extract(Like an antibiotic). Now that is just one person and all the rest I know didn't get clear by it but because I posted about it that one person doesn't have acne. Same with burdock root. A poster recently got clear by taking pills where the main ingredient was burdock root. I have a friend who takes burdock root tea to stay clear and he's the only one I know that was cleared by it. Is it bullshit just because it worked on him? Same with those innertalk tapes, which are backed by countless studies yet are unorthadox. Same with liver flushing. I don't think it actually does what they say it does, but even if it is a placebo, the flush acted as a catalyst for them to get clear by some other means in that process. Don't knock anything people post(That are backed by evidence), as it may work for some.

While pasta and food didn't affect my acne, for some it may and for every yahoo that posts that such and such food is bad for no real reason, there are people like Jade who back it up with solid research and you know what, I'd be willing to bet that Jade has more knowledge about acne than most doctors do.

#8 yetanother

yetanother

uniformly convergent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

Lots of little things might add for some people. Yeah I agree, some people are a little too extreme when it comes to some suggestions. The body is incredibly complex. There's almost no sure way to know that one specific thing was definitely the solution. Some people get too caught up in all the possible (and improbable) treatments and behaviors and become product/supplement whores. That kind of obsession probably isn't a good one to have. On the other hand, acne SUCKS. So I can definitely relate to people trying all sorts of things hoping for some improvement. I've done some weird things myself. If it helps people to feel like they're dealing with then that's fine. Let's just be reasonable about it.

#9 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

People are always complaining about all the misinformation on the Internet. But, the reality is, it's all experimentation, trial and error on a HUGE global scale... which is several orders of magnitude greater than the scientific community could ever hope to acheive. Slowly, the crap will be identified as such and legitamate info will be identified also, such as B5! So, I'm not so pessimistic. The Internet community is incredible.
There is nothing wrong with you.
You do not need improving.
To say that you need improving
is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

#10 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Feb 4 2005, 03:43 AM)
the reality is, it's all experimentation, trial and error on a HUGE global scale... which is several orders of magnitude greater than the scientific community could ever hope to acheive.  Slowly, the crap will be identified as such and legitamate info will be identified also

View Post

good point eusa_clap.gif

#11 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

I agree with the hole "drinking water 2 horus before or after" that is just ridiculous. I 100% agree of the diet effecting acne which is all i post about basically on this forum. Although it really isn't wise to complain about other people saying stupid things because this forum is supposed to be here to help and give advice so we all win hah thats my speeeeeeeech

#12 doktrin

doktrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

I agree with the hole "drinking water 2 horus before or after" that is just ridiculous. I 100% agree of the diet effecting acne which is all i post about basically on this forum. Although it really isn't wise to complain about other people saying stupid things because this forum is supposed to be here to help and give advice so we all win hah thats my speeeeeeeech

While I can't claim to be an expert on the digestive system or acne, I can say that not drinking with meals has helped my digestion immensely.

#13 hazelnut66

hazelnut66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(pimps43565 @ Feb 3 2005, 10:37 AM)
ok, i have looked at most of the topics in this forum and i have come to the conclusion that you are all ignorant people just searching for hope.  Some of the stuff that is mentioned in this forum is preposterous.  Think about it for a second.  I am sure 90 percent of you guys try all of these garbage techniques/products and either make your condition worse or it just stays the same.  Acne is something that is not going to go away just like that, when you grow out of it, you grow out of it, period.  I just wanted to mention this cuz some of the things people are bringing up are absolutely ridiculous such as "oh, if i eat 2 lbs of cashew nuts will my acne go away", and "will drinking 2.756 hours before eating cure all my problems?" or "will watching jay leno instead of conan obrien rid me of this horrible disease?"(joke:)).  I mean cmon guys, lets face it, if you have acne you are going to have acne so just deal with it and focus on other things in life.

View Post

wow "PIMP" you've really nailed us all to a tee

#14 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(hazelnut66 @ Feb 4 2005, 10:43 PM)
wow "PIMP" you've really nailed us all to a tee

View Post

biggrin.gif

#15 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(BlackBetty @ Feb 4 2005, 09:50 AM)
I agree with the hole "drinking water 2 horus before or after" that is just ridiculous.  I 100% agree of the diet effecting acne which is all i post about basically on this forum.  Although  it really isn't wise to complain about other people saying stupid things because this forum is supposed to be here to help and give advice so we all win hah thats my speeeeeeeech

View Post

Hmm.. so you're sure diet affects acne, but you don't consider consuming liquids with food or without a constituent of "diet"? It actually does help immensely with digestion, and since you're already are on board with "diet affects acne", it seems like this would be an easy thing to comprehend, or at least not dismiss as "ridiculous."
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#16 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

No nono, i meant that i doubt drinking water 2 hours after a meal will have a big difference then drinking it with the meal. or at anytime

#17 doktrin

doktrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

Supposedly excessive fluid intake will drain away your digestive enzymes, so if you drink a glass of water shortly before or during a meal your stomach will have a tougher time digesting the food (I'm no doc, just repeating what i've read). Also, personally I'm much more careful to chew while eating without a large glass of water to wash everything down every other bite. Regardless of the reasons, though, all I can say is its worked for me (no i'm not clear, but my stomach never gurgles at me anymore, bowel movements are clean and easy even if i eat nothin but pizza all day (like i did yesterday), and i generally have more energy than before).

#18 Mitzie

Mitzie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:05 PM

Tell me when I'm going to grow out of it. I'm 26.

If the people here want to experiment with eating healthy foods, nuts, sugarfree, organic, whatever... who can blame them for being proactive about their health? No one wants to have acne and for many people there is no cream or pill that completely cures their skin problems.

#19 The Jack

The Jack

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

ok, i have looked at most of the topics in this forum and i have come to the conclusion that you are all ignorant people just searching for hope. Some of the stuff that is mentioned in this forum is preposterous.

If you going to criticize everyone, please take the time to formulate a logical argument. If “some� of the stuff mentioned in this forum is “preposterous,� then it hardly follows that all of the people reading it are “ignorant.� That kind of thinking is at best confused, and at worst ignorant.

Your post does nothing but discredit you intellectually.

#20 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:08 PM

pimps43565 no one is going to listen to a noob like you over the other vets here, cjb, windwalker, sweetjade, myself and many others.

We don't talk about diet just to sound cool and smart, we talk about it because it is the truth for people that have acne.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]