shoulder, neck, upper arms, chest, and back

2 replies to this topic

#1 chrs

chrs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:25 AM

hey everyone - I've been using the regimen for my face and it's been working wonders but I have some reservations for starting to undertake a regimen for the rest of my body.
I've had moderate facial acne for a while now, and right after that my chest, back, and neck broke out. since then it's spread to the upper arms (along with the occasional blackhead on the lower arms). it covers my entire back and while it isn't characteristically "severe" (no cysts by definition) it literally COATS my back from my upper neck (even within my hairline) down to the beginning of my buttocks. should I just give in and see a dermatologist? I saw one at the beginning of my sophomore year in high school (now a freshman in college) and things have changed a bit since then. it's starting to take it's toll emotionally and physically - sometimes I literally cannot sit in a chair because it hurts too much on my back. advice? anyone? I can post some pictures if further analyzing is required.

#2 sw33tcandykiss07

sw33tcandykiss07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(chrs @ Feb 3 2005, 02:25 AM)
hey everyone - I've been using the regimen for my face and it's been working wonders but I have some reservations for starting to undertake a regimen for the rest of my body.
I've had moderate facial acne for a while now, and right after that my chest, back, and neck broke out.  since then it's spread to the upper arms (along with the occasional blackhead on the lower arms).  it covers my entire back and while it isn't characteristically "severe" (no cysts by definition) it literally COATS my back from my upper neck (even within my hairline) down to the beginning of my buttocks.  should I just give in and see a dermatologist?  I saw one at the beginning of my sophomore year in high school (now a freshman in college) and things have changed a bit since then.  it's starting to take it's toll emotionally and physically - sometimes I literally cannot sit in a chair because it hurts too much on my back.  advice?  anyone?  I can post some pictures if further analyzing is required.

View Post

If your in pain and it covers that much of your body... I would seriously consider visiting your derm again. You gotta get some help for that

Good luck! smile.gif

x0x0

#3 Dan996

Dan996

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:12 PM

I would definitely see a derm.
He'll probably recommend Accutaine. That ofcourse is very expensive.
Doxycycline is very good for body acne and much cheaper then accutaine.
Get the Doxy thats 25 dollars at a pharmacist. There's another doxycycline called Dorf thats 167 dollars.
The 2 versions of doxycycline are basically the same. One is just a pure form of it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users