Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEST NATURAL DHT BLOCKER

18 posts in this topic

I use Source Naturals  Beta Sitsoterol 375 mg/night. This is a substrate of saw palmetto. If you are male I recommend using beta sitosterol as I believe it has less adverse effects on male errection  which saw palmetto can have. How ever saw palemtto is cheaper.

These are just 2 that come to my mind.

Oh I use this for hair loss. I have no little acne now so I am not sure how it works for that.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Hey there  =)

I've got a bottle of this stuff, but hear so little about it around here and on PCOS boards.  I want to use it for hairloss and hirsutism, but the scientific studies aren't exactly specifying whether it can do this for me or not.  If it binds to the androgen receptor, than that's all I need it to do though.  So, how much has this helped you regarding hairloss.

Thanks

TRUE OR FALSE???

Beta-Sistosterol - Blocks the formation of DHT - Blocks DHT

from the androgen receptors sites found on the hair follicles -

Promotes healthy prostrate function.

Biotin - Blocks DHT

Copper - Balances zinc - Essential for hair color pigment.

Folate - Helps maintain healthy hair and skin.

Niacinamide - Blocks DHT.

Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids - Inhibit 5-Alpha Reductase

(DHT)

Paba - Protects hair follicles - Restores gray hair back to It's

natural color.

Pumpkin Seed Oil - Breaks down dihydrotestosterone via

the liver - Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase (DHT).

Lycopene - Anti-oxidant - Helps prevent hair loss - Promotes

healthy prostrate function.

Saw Palmetto - Blocks the formation of DHT - Blocks DHT

from the androgen receptors sites found on the hair follicles.

Promotes healthy prostrate function.

Selenium - Enhances healthy hair growth.

Vitamin E - Anti-oxidant - Helps keep skin tissue younger -

Prevents aging of the hair follicle - Delays graying.

Zinc - Reduces the activity  of  5-Alpha Reductase - Bene-

ficial for brittle thinning hair - Blocks DHT - Promotes healthy

prostrate function.

Large amounts of Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, & B12 - Protein

builders - Give hair shine - Stimulates hair growth by bring-

ing oxygen to skin tissue - Support growth of red blood cells -

Prevent dandruff - Enhance circulation to the scalp.

"DHT Blockers" also contain other vitamins and minerals that

promote healthy hair growth. Hair loss prevention. http://www.dhtblockers.com/

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I just put Equol out there because it's in the process of being commercialized. As much people obsess over acne, those balding people are much, much worse and when they want a product to get to the market, they usually get it quickly.

The thing with the drugs though, is that they have produced 50/50 results in clearing or GIVING people acne which I want to avoid.  The thing with the Zinc & B6 is that they aren't just 5-alpha inhibitors but also anti-androgens (like spiro) and zinc is also an anti-inflammatory, which may explain why they are less likely to result in an increase in acne compared to 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. 

The active ingredient from Saw Palmetto is Beta-Sitosterol? Between products, Beta-Sitosterol is better (because is high concentrate extract)? Or Saw Palmetto have more active ingredients, not only Beta-Sitosterol?

I want for anti (DHT, Androgen, 5-AR......).

"Beta-Sitosterol is 1,000 times more effective than saw palmetto and pumpkin seed. The common ingredient in most herbs, that blocks DHT, is Beta-Sitosterol."

It is truth? So marketing.....?