R ChErRiOS Ok to eat

3 replies to this topic

#1 LiLPrincess831

LiLPrincess831

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

are cherrios or howver you spell it ( the cerial) ok to eat for acne?. cuz i need to eat something i like for breakfeast. is it ok to eat them?. if no what is a good cerial to eat that wont cause acne? ( i know milk is bad, but i would use just a LITTLE skim milk..)

#2 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(LiLPrincess831 @ Feb 2 2005, 06:00 PM)
are cherrios or howver you spell it ( the cerial) ok  to eat for acne?. cuz i need to eat something i like for breakfeast. is it ok to eat them?. if no what is a good cerial to eat that wont cause  acne? ( i know milk is bad, but i would use just a LITTLE skim milk..)

View Post

If your acne is aggravated due to food intolerances, than Cheerios could be a problem:

(1) Cheerios contain oats. If you are gluten intolerant, the oats may be a problem, as oats are usually contaminated with wheat. Cheerios would still be better than the vast number of wheat-based cereals. If you have shown no health symptoms of gluten intolerance, you probably don't have a reason to worry about the cheerios.

(2) Grain-based foods tend to have high glycemic indices. THis could be a problem for some. Other than some special high-protein diet cereal (and they generally have pretty questionable ingredients imo), all cereals will meet this.

(3) If you have any reactions to lactose or casein, you'll be better off avoiding skim milk. Removing the fat from the milk results in a higher concentration of the components of milk that a decent number of people have intolerances to.

Bear in mind, that the above problems may or may not apply to you.

I avoid wheat and other gluten-containing foods because they result in extreme fatigue, bloating, and arthritis. However, my acne has been controlled by topicals - changing my diet had nothing whatsoever to do with acne. I have eggs and sausage in the morning to avoid grains, and thus milk hasn't been an issue for me. Cheese, however, does tend to upset my stomach.
99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)
---------------------------
Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution
3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)
Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night
CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation
* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)
Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

#3 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

I love how they advertise cheerios as "LOW in trans-fats!" We shouldn't be eating ANY trans-fats, and why on earth would they need to be in a cereal? Lilprincess, my advice would be to learn what INGREDIENTS you want to avoid and start reading labels.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#4 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 4 2005, 08:33 PM)
Lilprincess, my advice would be to learn what INGREDIENTS you want to avoid and start reading labels.

View Post

ditto.
99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)
Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution
3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)
Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night
CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation
* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)
Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users