green tea

6 replies to this topic

#1 LiLPrincess831

LiLPrincess831

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

ok is green tea REALLY good for acne.? i mean it still has SOME caffine in it (even decaf) and caffine is Bad for your skin. Like i drink like 5 cups of green tea a day. and i dont know why but i feel like its gonna make things worse...idunno.. im at a phase where i feel guitly about EVERY single thing i put in my mouth cuz i feel like itz gonna trigger more break outs...any body get clear skin while drinking this stuff?

#2 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:50 PM

you need to read the green tea thread. It has all the good stuff

#3 yetanother

yetanother

uniformly convergent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:40 PM

my doc said food has virtually no effect for most people, as long as they eat reasonably healthy for all those vitamins and minerals and stuff. she did also say that caffeine is one thing that can aggravate it. I've experimented and haven't noticed anything significant with or without it. Just me maybe.

My advice, don't stress over that small amount off caffeine in your green tea or the unlikely effects from everything else you eat. Anyway, the tea is probably a great trade-off, lots of great stuff, but you have to take a little bit of caffeine with it. No big deal.

#4 Married2AGamer

Married2AGamer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

they even have a green tea gum out now
60mgs soret daily
omega complete daily
Mankind must put an end to war,or war will put an end to mankind.

#5 BronzeSurfer2

BronzeSurfer2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:18 AM

I'm chinese, and have been consistently drinking green tea on and off for at least 12 years now. I can tell you that there are absolutely no benefits when it comes to acne. If anything, the beneficial effects are reduced by the increase in cortisol from the high caffeine content. Also, most of the green tea in the american market is of extremely low grade.

#6 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(LiLPrincess831 @ Feb 2 2005, 09:31 PM)
ok is green tea REALLY good for acne.? i mean it still has SOME caffine in it (even decaf) and caffine is Bad for your skin.

View Post

1. First of, it is one of many myths about acne that coffee - necessarily - should make acne worse.

2. Secondly, Green tea contains about 20% thé amount of coffeine coffee does.

3. Thirdly, the main reason for drinking green tea is antioxidants which improves your overall health and immune system, but not necessarily your acne.

4. The amount of antioxidants needed is about 150-200 catechins.
However, since the amount is very low in most commercial green tea you would have to drink 8-12 cups a day to have an effect!

This is why you need to get green tea in health stores and look for green tea where the amount of catechins is specified.

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#7 Charlesworth

Charlesworth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

Drinking green tea isn't bad for acne. I can't actually say it's good, but it won't make it worse. Unless you pour it on your face while it's boiling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users