zinc

2 replies to this topic

#1 LiLPrincess831

LiLPrincess831

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:23 PM

Oki saw these vitimens at the store the other day that was mostly zinc and a few other ingridents ..i was thinking of trying that.. does it really work.? some ppl say that zinc can make acne worse, and some people said its almost like accutane...idunno...does it work??... or am i better of taking a multi-vitimen ( sorry i cant spell) lol. please respond

#2 Iarephel

Iarephel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:26 PM

bump for this topic...what is a good dosage if people say its good? And what is too much?

#3 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Iarephel @ Feb 2 2005, 01:26 PM)
bump for this topic...what is a good dosage if people say its good? And what is too much?

View Post

Don't take more than 50g per day. Zinc is purportedly good for acne and some studies say many people with acne have low levels. It boosts the immune system. I was taking about 45g/day. I'm not sure, but I think you want to take occassional breaks from it. I went to a medical esthetician with a holistic background and she told me that continuously taking it for too long counters benefits. She didn't say how long one should take it/break from it etc, so you might want to look into that aspect of it. But zinc probably won't hurt, and may help. I've never heard of anyone completely getting rid of their acne with only zinc, however.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users