vitamin vitamins vitamin k calcium magnesium

2 replies to this topic

#1 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:59 am Post subject: Gotu Kola anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotu Kola might be worth considering as a supplement:

"It has been used as a tonic for purification of blood and for promoting healthy skin. It has also been used to aid in restful sleep, treat skin inflammations, as a treatment for high blood pressure and as a mild diuretic. Recent studies (1995) demonstrated that Gotu kola destroyed cultured tumor cells in the laboratory setting (in vitro).

There are three main chemical constituents in Gotu kola. The first is asiaticoside, which is a triterpene glycoside and classified as an antibiotic. It aids in wound healing and has been used in the treatment of leprosy and tuberculosis in the Far East. The second constituent is a pair of chemicals, brahmoside and brahminoside, which are saponin glycosides. These are diuretic in nature and have a slightly sedative action in large doses. Finally, there is madecassoside, a glycoside that is a strong anti-inflammatory agent. The plant is also a source of Vitamin K, magnesium, calcium and sodium.

Gotu Kola has been found to have significant results in healing of skin, other connective tissues, lymph tissue, blood vessels, and mucous membranes. Researchers have found that Gotu kola contains several glycosides that exhibit wound healing and anti-inflammatory activities and that asiaticosides stimulate the formation of lipids and proteins necessary for healthy skin.

Gotu kola affects various stages of tissue development, including keratinization (the process of replacing skin after sores or ulcers), the synthesis of collagen (the first step in tissue repair), the stimulation of hair and nail growth, and support for the repair of cartilage. Gotu kola has been effectively used in the treatment of second and third degree burns. It has been shown to decrease healing time and reduce scar tissue formation.

Recent studies show that Gotu kola also has a positive effect on the circulatory system. It seems to improve the flow of blood throughout the body by strengthening the veins and capillaries."

http://www.kcweb.com/herb/gotu.htm

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#2 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

My esthetician who has a holistic background, but is also a medical esthetician actually recommended gotu kola to me. I just haven't tried it.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#3 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 1 2005, 01:31 AM)
My esthetician who has a holistic background, but is also a medical esthetician actually recommended gotu kola to me.  I just haven't tried it.

View Post

well let us know if you decide to try it..

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users