Photo

Amazing! I'm clear

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 KT

KT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:35 AM

Okay guys, I've resisted posting for a while, partly because I didn't want to jinx my success (silly, I know!) and partly because I wanted to make sure that what I'm doing really was working... But..... I've been clear now for about a month, after having had 14 years of persistent acne.

Don't know if this will work for you but it worked to clear my flatmate up so I tried it myself. It cleared me too! And the amazing thing is I can now use products and cosmetics on my face that I couldn't use before without breaking out.

What's cleared me is 2 tablets a day of Boots (as in the UK chemist) Alternatives 'Acne Relief'. The ingredients are:

dry extract burdock root 3:1 30mg,
dry extract blue flag 3:1 concentrate 30mg,
pulv sarsaparilla powder BPC [1949] 30mg.

Don't know what all that means but all I know is that after only a few days my acne started to improve and I'm now totally clear a month later!

Now, I'm sure everyone's different, and what worked for me may not work for all of you but I thought it might be worth a try as they're quite cheap. I'm 30 years old, have had acne since the age of 16 - ranging from very severe at first to moderate after a course of accutaine - and have dry skin (which I know is unusual with acne, but there it is...)

Hope this helps someone...

#2 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:49 AM

WOW, sounds great.
So did your breakouts just stop? Did u get an initial breakout or anything?
I think that these are them here.
I might try them.

Thanks,
Tom smile.gif
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#3 Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:56 AM

sounds interesting.. would like more info if poss =)

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

Congratulations! I would also like to hear more, about what you've tried in the past, etc.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

I'm not too sure about the other two but some people swear by burdock as far as liver helping skin herbs. For some it's the only thing that cleared them, and the only thing they need.

#6 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 31 2005, 07:08 PM)
I'm not too sure about the other two but some people swear by burdock as far as liver helping skin herbs. For some it's the only thing that cleared them, and the only thing they need.

View Post

burdock is also a blood purifier
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

#7 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Feb 1 2005, 02:08 AM)

View Post

K, so i have done what blackbird has suggested and i have brought 100 - 425mg capsules of burdock root. I shall see how this goes, if it does nothing then i will get the boots ones but i wanted burdock root anyway as it is a Bioflavonoid (Blocks or inhibites the production of DHT) i think. Also because it is a blood purifier, and it controls blood sugar levels. smile.gif

Tom

#8 KT

KT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

Wow, so maybe it's the burdock root in it... Yes, try that first and if not, try the boots ones.

You asked for other info... I took (ro)accutaine when I was about 18, as I had raging, horrible full-blown acne. That worked to clear me completely for about 3 years but then my acne came back. I've also taken antibiotics for many years (erythromycin??) but then developed M.E. so wanted to stop all medication.

Since then, I've tried Botchla's and Dan's regimens but both actually made me worse and my acne got really bad again - I reckon they were both just too strong. The weird thing is, as I've said, is that I have dry, mature-looking skin (i'm 30) and yet have cysts, bumps and whiteheads on top of that (no blackheads). I was able to clear things a bit by switching to washing just with cetaphil and using a mild oil-free moisturiser.

So that's where I'd got up to by the time I tried the Boots tablets - I'd say I had mild to moderate acne, thanks to the cetaphil. As soon as I started the tablets my face just seemed to calm down and I got no knew spots. All the old ones have cleared up now and I'm now totally clear. Of course, there are still products that would break me out (most sunscreens still seem to) but as long as I use mild moisturisers, foundations and face washes I can use whatever I want and they no longer have to be oil-free.

Hope this helps...

#9 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

That's awesome KT. It's so great that it was such a simple solution!
My regimen:

#10 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 1 2005, 07:08 PM)
That's awesome KT.  It's so great that it was such a simple solution!

View Post

Yeah it is eusa_dance.gif, Congratulations for finding a simple solution.
I think that maybe it was because of the burdock root as it contains chemicals which help the body to regulate the blood sugar and/or the release of insulin from the pancreas.
Just a thought.

See how it goes for me too,
Tom smile.gif

#11 KT

KT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

Ah, thanks for your support, guys! This really is such a friendly forum. So much love and...I... **katie starts to well up and weeps into her green tea**

No, seriously, I mean it, though - thanks for your encouraging congrats, and I hope you find solutions yourselves. Maybe try the burdock? At least this has shown me that it is worth persevering; that there probably is an answer out there for all of us. If only it was the same answer, life would be so much simpler...

#12 doktrin

doktrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:21 PM

sounds interesting - congratulations on being clear. however boots doesn't ship overseas. Any ideas on where I could find a product like this in the US or that will ship to the US?

#13 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:44 PM

you could get each of the three ingredients in there individually at a health food store in either herb form, tincture, or possibly in pills. Burdock, I know for sure you could get in pills.
My regimen:

#14 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Feb 2 2005, 06:44 PM)
you could get each of the three ingredients in there individually at a health food store in either herb form, tincture, or possibly in pills.  Burdock, I know for sure you could get in pills, and possibly even fresh if the place is well-stocked. 

View Post

sorry about double post
My regimen:

#15 doktrin

doktrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:17 PM

I ended up getting the same as someone who posted above - 100 425mg tabs of burdock from an online retailer. -thanks

#16 Iarephel

Iarephel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:07 AM

I ordered some burdock. Its cheap so I figured what the heck...I'll give it a try. There has to be something out there that will help me!

#17 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

Wind Waker-any noticable results yet? Or did you order it online?

#18 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:32 AM

Yep, i actually can see results smile.gif. Its great!
I would deffinetly get some.

Tom

#19 MartinaL

MartinaL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:04 AM

is it ok to take this along with the other meds and topicals you are taking????
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#20 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:47 AM

man, it looks like Boots doesn't deliver to the US. Anywhere else I could get them?