sunflower seeds r not good

3 replies to this topic

#1 alaskacne

alaskacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:04 PM

I recent became addicted to sunflower seeds eating them at a bag a day and almost constantly throughout the day for the past two weeks. I recently just broke out a little bit and the redness is more noticeable. I am now stopping. anyone know why they break me out?

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(alaskacne @ Jan 28 2005, 05:04 PM)
I recent became addicted to sunflower seeds eating them at a bag a day and almost constantly throughout the day for the past two weeks. I recently just broke out a little bit and the redness is more noticeable. I am now stopping. anyone know why they break me out?

View Post

What kind of sunflower seeds were these? Were they flavored? Roasted? In or out of the shell? Do you know if they were cooked in a type of oil?
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#3 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(alaskacne @ Jan 28 2005, 05:04 PM)

View Post

Raw seeds are the best. You probably broke out due to some flavoring or additive on your seeds if they weren't raw. Also, they're high in fat so they should be consumed in moderation.

#4 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:07 PM

I agree with Steve. If they are out of a bag, they are likely processed in some way and contain additives and salt. Raw seeds are quite good.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users