Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm curious.

15 posts in this topic

There is a theory that the fat that could not transform to energy causes acne and makes skin oily. B5 works on that thery and some other acne med.

I have very ULTRY oily skin and bad acne. I'm wondering. If I would eat nothing besides some vegetables (zero of fat) and drink only water for 3 days (just for test) would my skin still be oily?

I think that function of survival is more important than stupid acne so body would be forced to use all the fat available?

Has someone tryed this? I'm on this for 2 hours already smile.gif)

I sick of having acne and bad looking face any more.

i've been wondering the same thing, but how are fat/androgens related? you never hear derms talking about metabolic issues (so far as i know) because it's supposed to be hormonal, right? i'm just so lost as to all these different theories...

There is a theory that the fat that could not transform to energy causes acne and makes skin oily. B5 works on that thery and some other acne med.

I have very ULTRY oily skin and bad acne. I'm wondering. If I would eat nothing besides some vegetables (zero of fat) and drink only water for 3 days (just for test) would my skin still be oily?

I think that function of survival is more important than stupid acne so body would be forced to use all the fat available?

Has someone tryed this?  I'm on this for 2 hours already smile.gif

I sick of having acne and bad looking face any more.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Interesting  eusa_think.gif, also if u wanted i would reccomend that u take 2-3 evening primrose oil spread throughout the day after meals. Also u could use something like emu oil on your face as a moisturizer this will mimic the skins sebum but will not block pores as it has very small molecules so it penetrates deep into the skin.

i've been wondering the same thing, but how are fat/androgens related? you never hear derms talking about metabolic issues (so far as i know) because it's supposed to be hormonal, right? i'm just so lost as to all these different theories...

If you want your face to stop being so oily, stop washing it. The more you wash your face the more oil your face is going to produce. My face use to be so oily, now after a month its not even an issue for me and i have felt this way just a few days after not washing. Im not saying not washing is the solution to all your problems, but i feel its definitely part of it.

If you want your face to stop being so oily, stop washing it.  The more you wash your face  the more oil your face is going to produce.

How could it be false when its a fact. Your face has to compensate for all the oils you stripped away during washing by producing more.

Then don't have acne becouse they have good metabolism.

I don't understand...so we could just improve our metabolisam and have beautiful face, right?  How to improve metabolism ? smile.gif

Absolutely FALSE.  It's time for you to join the 21st Century! biggrin.gif

Bryan

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

Well then, why don't you tell us why it's false Mr. 21st Century Man!? cool.gif

How could it be false when its a fact. Your face has to compensate for all the oils you stripped away during washing by producing more.

I have already gone over this subject in EXQUISITE detail. Please see the thread titled "The myth of sebum production" over in the Acne Research section (it's probably two or three pages deep by now). You'll find out all about how the "feedback theory" was debunked a long time ago.

Bryan

OOPS! Let me make a correction: the name of the thread is "The myth of skin washing and sebum production", and it's currently near the top of the second page in the Acne Research forum.

Bryan

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.