Photo

I dont get fat...I get acne instead!!

gluten

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 LiLPrincess831

LiLPrincess831

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:35 PM

ok i am really thin and i eat ANYTHING i want. people say im soo lucky. well im not. cuz i may not be fat but i get really bad breakouts instead! and if u ask me having a face full of acne is 10 times worse than being over weight!!! its so annoying cuz then when i try to watch what i eat people say i have problems and that im too skinny..they just dont get it!!! they think im doing it cuz i think im fat!! there r other reasons to be on a diet other than weight!!!! dumb a.sses!!! and its so hard tho cuz every where i turn is all the BAD stuff ( dairy,gluten,fried foods,suger...!!) how can i fight my cravings?? and not give in! its soo hard. there needs to be a patch for this kind of thing. i feel like a drug addict. if i dont get my junk food. i go crazy and i shake!.. and most the time its all there is to eat and im STARVING!! i dont want acne!!!!!! any tips on how i can make this easier for my self?

#2 bluelight

bluelight

MISS :-)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:22 AM

Everywhere you turn is all the bad stuff? I try not to start eating whatever I feel is bad, then my appetite for it will vanish gradually.

#3 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

I wish there was...I am working on it though. The more I think about, the more I know about it....there doesn't seem to be easy answers. If you aren't capable for whatever reason of follow an anti-ance, anti-inflammatory or hormonal balancing diet, then perhaps you should visit an Endocrinologist.

I'm thin and underweight too. My theory here is that we are "fortunate" because our body takes that extra fat we are making and probably is turning it into more hormones and inflammatory products instead of actual body fat. Yet, we don't want that either ;-) The same goes for people who eat all they want and not only don't gain weight, but they don't get acne....eventually it will result in some other health problem (unless they have FANTASTIC genes and most don't). If that is what's going onm you may or may not show high LDL cholesterol levels, but there may be an imbalance in your LDL vs. HDL levels. This is something that an endocrinologist can determine, he/she will also determine if perhaps you may have sort of health or hormonal disorder.

You crave junk food or sweet food? What about family, do they also crave the same foods? Do they have any sort of health problems or hormonal disorders such as diabetes (type I or II), weight problems, menstrual problems, digestive problems, high cholesterol etc? This information will help your doctor know what tests to run on you and will also help you find a diet that is geared toward hopefully reducing your risk for the same health problems that your parents or grandparent or siblings have. Also, how old are you, & how long have you had acne? Do you see any other possible signs or symptoms that there may be something else going on here aside from just "pubertal" acne?

Take care
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#4 themaster

themaster

Remember to shave regularly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

Eat tons of protein, tuna, eggs, chicken, etc.

Your body craves junk food because it know it has sugar, just control yourself and don't eat junk food. After a month or so the cravings will lighten up. Don't eat fat to get bigger, eat protein. Fat makes you looks worst of course and will hang from your body. Eat protein and water, and make sure you get all your vitamins with a nice cerial or supplements.

#5 antimatter

antimatter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

Avoid egg whites, the protein in egg whites is very difficult for your body to break down. And if you're going to eat the yolk, eat it raw, which is actually good for you. Eating it cooked I don't think serves any purpose.

#6 themaster

themaster

Remember to shave regularly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

egg whites have some of the best protein. As for the yolk...thats just fat and cholesterol.

#7 The Jack

The Jack

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

Avoid egg whites, the protein in egg whites is very difficult for your body to break down. And if you're going to eat the yolk, eat it raw, which is actually good for you. Eating it cooked I don't think serves any purpose.

I don't mean to seem rude, but this information is wildly inaccurate. The human body uses egg white protein very easily. It is the second most efficiently processed form of protein that the human body can use. The most easily assimilated protein is whey.

#8 antimatter

antimatter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:03 PM

Studies have shown no increase in cholesterol level by consuming eggs. And a couple of respectable sources(Dr. Mercola and The Five Tibetans) have recommended eating egg yolks, whereas two sources (the Five Tibetans and Leo) have recommended against eating the white. My own observation also shows that eating egg whites makes my skin look worse.

#9 The Jack

The Jack

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

(the Five Tibetans and Leo)

I see. Thank you.