I dont get fat...I get acne instead!!gluten
Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:35 PM
Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:22 AM
Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:56 AM
I'm thin and underweight too. My theory here is that we are "fortunate" because our body takes that extra fat we are making and probably is turning it into more hormones and inflammatory products instead of actual body fat. Yet, we don't want that either ;-) The same goes for people who eat all they want and not only don't gain weight, but they don't get acne....eventually it will result in some other health problem (unless they have FANTASTIC genes and most don't). If that is what's going onm you may or may not show high LDL cholesterol levels, but there may be an imbalance in your LDL vs. HDL levels. This is something that an endocrinologist can determine, he/she will also determine if perhaps you may have sort of health or hormonal disorder.
You crave junk food or sweet food? What about family, do they also crave the same foods? Do they have any sort of health problems or hormonal disorders such as diabetes (type I or II), weight problems, menstrual problems, digestive problems, high cholesterol etc? This information will help your doctor know what tests to run on you and will also help you find a diet that is geared toward hopefully reducing your risk for the same health problems that your parents or grandparent or siblings have. Also, how old are you, & how long have you had acne? Do you see any other possible signs or symptoms that there may be something else going on here aside from just "pubertal" acne?
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:36 PM
Your body craves junk food because it know it has sugar, just control yourself and don't eat junk food. After a month or so the cravings will lighten up. Don't eat fat to get bigger, eat protein. Fat makes you looks worst of course and will hang from your body. Eat protein and water, and make sure you get all your vitamins with a nice cerial or supplements.
Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:47 PM
Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:00 PM
I don't mean to seem rude, but this information is wildly inaccurate. The human body uses egg white protein very easily. It is the second most efficiently processed form of protein that the human body can use. The most easily assimilated protein is whey.
Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:03 PM