I dunno, what do you think?

5 replies to this topic

#1 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Ever notice how after a few hours after washing your face (if you don't use moisturizer!) you can see your enlarged pores oozing oil? Notice how the oil just sits on top of the pore instead of spreading out over the skin... at least it seems to do this until it builds up enough to finally spill out and spread out over the rest of the skin between the pores.

Well, obviously our skin produces oil to create a natural barrier to hold in moisture. Cleansing all the time can cause it to produe more. Anyway, assuming that it will continue to produce oil until it feels the skin is completely covered and then maybe it slows down. Or, maybe it keeps producing oil as long as it feels it is losing moisture.

Anyway, what I am saying is that what if we help to get the oil spread out by simply spread the oil that is sitting ontop of the pores over the rest of the skin. So, I will periodically run my hand over my face and basically lightly spread the oil around.

This does two things. It gets the oil spread out over the skin sooner instead of just sitting on top of the pore. Hopefully, this will trigger the sebum glands to start backing off sooner since it's main concern is to get the skin covered. The second thing this does is bascially reduce how oily the face looks. Part of the oil is spread from the pores to the rest of the skin in a uniform fashion and the rest is left on the hands. So, you actually don't look so oily. For those who don't like touching their face, maybe you can do this after washing your hands after a bathroom trip.

I dunno, I'll try this out for a while.

There is nothing wrong with you.
You do not need improving.
To say that you need improving
is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

#2 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Jan 27 2005, 11:49 PM)
Well, obviously our skin produces oil to create a natural barrier to hold in moisture.  Cleansing all the time can cause it to produe more. 

View Post

ill stop reading here, because i can already see you know nothing about acne or the body. how does washing your face more produce more oil? what about the people that wash their face twice a day and are oily? what are the people that wash 7 times a day and are oily?

my hands are normally dry, and i dont wash my hands alot, why is this? why doesnt my body make some shit to make them moist?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#3 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Jan 27 2005, 04:52 PM)
ill stop reading here, because i can already see you know nothing about acne or the body.

View Post

Wow. Ok, let me apologize for my lazy typing. I'm working on the theory that overly washing your face and/or using many harsh chemicals only aggrevates the skin and it overreacts by producing even more oil than before in an effort to protect itself.

That's not a new theory. Maybe I shouldn't have said "obviously". Just brainstorming a little. Anyway, that was just a very small portion of what I was saying and could easily omit it to make my point.

#4 mandy97

mandy97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Jan 27 2005, 05:36 PM)
Wow.  Ok, let me apologize for my lazy typing.  I'm working on the theory that overly washing your face and/or using many harsh chemicals only aggrevates the skin and it overreacts by producing even more oil than before in an effort to protect itself.

That's not a new theory.  Maybe I shouldn't have said "obviously".  Just brainstorming a little.  Anyway, that was just a very small portion of what I was saying and could easily omit it to make my point.

View Post

Hi,

I heard about a good tip for reducing pore size. Wash your face with cold water and finish off with a pretty cold splash. Been doing it for a few days and it works.

Mandy

#5 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:29 AM

Ya know, I suppose there could be something to the cold water thing. I've been using warm water washes to cut through the oil better, but I think I might end with a few cold spashes as well. There may be some kind of pore closing action going on that kinda squeezes those oily plugs in the pores, making them thinner, so later when the pores start opening up again and oil and sweat is pushing up, those plugs will be looser and get pushed out more easily. Yeah, I'll go with that for now wink.gif

#6 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Jan 27 2005, 06:49 PM)
Well, obviously our skin produces oil to create a natural barrier to hold in moisture.  Cleansing all the time can cause it to produe more.

View Post

No, it doesn't work that way. Please read the thread "The myth of sebum production" in the Acne Research section.

Bryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users