Photo

herbs, liver, and acne...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:39 PM

www.natural-acne-treatments.com

has anyone been to this site and actually paid the 40 bucks for the program?

they say that its not enough to just detox with herbs... you also need to rebuild the liver back to a healthy functioning capacity. does anyone know what they say to do? is it just a liver flush?

Im almost certain that my liver is in trouble. I did obscene amounts of drinking, smoking, drugs, and magic mushrooms in highschool... all on top of a horrible diet. I already ordered some herbs: Nature's Way AKN Skin Care, and some olive leaf extract... im also thinking of getting some tejaswini. I dont know why i waited this long to start taking herbs more seriously.

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

Weren't you one of those anti-flushing people?........

#3 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hi Denise,

nope, i was never "anti" flushing... but i may have mentioned my own reluctance to do a liver flush... ive always been open to the idea... i just haven't been fully convinced about it yet.

i was just wondering if that website wants people to pay 40 bucks to learn about liver flushing... or if they had some other way to improve liver function.

#4 Librawoman

Librawoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(flipside @ Jan 28 2005, 01:03 AM)
Hi Denise,

nope, i was never "anti" flushing... but i may have mentioned my own reluctance to do a liver flush... ive always been open to the idea... i just haven't been fully convinced about it yet.

i was just wondering if that website wants people to pay 40 bucks to learn about liver flushing... or if they had some other way to improve liver function.

View Post

I tried tesjaswini for 3 months, it did nothing for me. I tried Actimine (you can a get a refund within 180 days - thank god), Guggul (refunded), B5, jojoba oil, clinique, aveeno, MSM...to no avail. I eventually followed advice from 2 naturopaths and much later the curezone.com on cleansing and liver flushing.

All I can say was cleansing and liver flushing worked for me. I was a very reluctant liver flusher! I was doubtful, dubious, wary and fed-up. Mentally doing the flush was hard, but once I committed to it, it was a cinch and I could not believe how easy it actually was. I was not hungry, in pain, discomfort and I slept well (bar nausea at 6am). Seeing the stones and chaff coming out was amassive reward - as I was healthy before, so I was so glad to have the junk out of me - but the added bonus was that it worked for my skin.

The liver cleanses the blood and is critical to good health. Once you read about the liver (check www.sensiblehealth.com (its a bit long but worth it) or www.askshelley.com (v.good FAQ and forums), cleansing the body makes perfect sense.

My only regret is not taking the advice I paid at the time (thought liver flushing was 'quack-ish) and wasting 6 months of money and effort (and hopes) on ineffective 'cures'. Luckily the Actimine and Guggul people refunded my money. Ihave no breakouts, no acne...just 7 months of acne scars (red and brown marks to fade out).

PS herbs are powerful/can work....remember aspirin and tylenol are derived from plants.......

#5 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Librawoman @ Jan 27 2005, 06:46 PM)
I tried tesjaswini for 3 months, it did nothing for me.  I tried Actimine (you can a get a refund within 180 days - thank god), Guggul (refunded), B5, jojoba oil, clinique, aveeno, MSM...to no avail.  I eventually followed advice from 2 naturopaths and much later the curezone.com on cleansing and liver flushing.

All I can say was cleansing and liver flushing worked for me.  I was a very reluctant liver flusher!  I was doubtful, dubious, wary and fed-up.  Mentally doing the flush was hard, but once I committed to it, it was a cinch and I could not believe how easy it actually was.  I was not hungry, in pain, discomfort and I slept well (bar nausea at 6am).  Seeing the stones and chaff coming out was amassive reward - as I was healthy before, so I was so glad to have the junk out of me - but the added bonus was that it worked for my skin.

The liver cleanses the blood and is critical to good health.  Once you read about the liver (check www.sensiblehealth.com (its a bit long but worth it) or www.askshelley.com (v.good FAQ and forums), cleansing the body makes perfect sense. 

My only regret is not taking the advice I paid at the time (thought liver flushing was 'quack-ish) and wasting 6 months of money and effort (and hopes) on ineffective 'cures'.  Luckily the Actimine and Guggul people refunded my money.  Ihave no breakouts, no acne...just 7 months of acne scars (red and brown marks to fade out).

PS herbs are powerful/can work....remember aspirin and tylenol are derived from plants.......

View Post

I'm becoming more and more interested in liver flushing. What does zapping mean? The curezone website says to zap a week before the flush. Anyway, are Epsom Salts, Grapefruit juice, water, and olive oil all you need for a flush?

#6 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Jan 27 2005, 07:34 PM)
I'm becoming more and more interested in liver flushing. What does zapping mean? The curezone website says to zap a week before the flush. Anyway, are Epsom Salts,  Grapefruit juice, water, and olive oil all you need for a flush?

View Post

While I'm at it, can the grapefruit be replaced with anything else? Also, does the type of olive oil matter?

#7 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

Steve,
Have you looked at sensiblehealth.com? Denise posted that at some point and I read it and it helped alot. It is very straightforward and I found it easier to navigate than curezone. I have read about liver flushing for years, but have never done it. Now acne has motivated me. I'm going to do one in a little over a week. All I am doing to prepare are the psyllium and bentonite shakes to clear my colon. The grapefruit can be replaced with lemon, and I will probably do an enema.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#8 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:20 PM

Denise and Librawoman, I was curious what your diets are like. Having trained myself over the years with holistic health books, I'm a vegan (except for fish oil) that eats primarily veggies, whole grains, beans and tofu/tempeh, seeds, avocadoes, etc. I have to say, this whole "no grain" thing is going against my grain! I would be delighted if I could just liver flush and keep on eating my brown rice.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

#9 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:11 PM

bump, hoping Denise and Librawoman will see my question.
My regimen:

#10 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Jan 27 2005, 09:20 PM)
Denise and Librawoman, I was curious what your diets are like.  Having trained myself over the years with holistic health books, I'm a vegan (except for fish oil) that eats primarily veggies, whole grains, beans and tofu/tempeh, seeds, avocadoes, etc.  I have to say, this whole "no grain" thing is going against my grain!  I would be delighted if I could just liver flush and keep on eating my brown rice.

View Post

That's exactly why I'm flushing. My diet was working but it's like, I was limiting myself far too much and I just wanted to eat certain foods which my diet didn't allow so I just went along with the flush an am hoping for some results.

#11 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:58 PM

I eat very healthy, but I'm not myopically obsessed with what I eat. I found out that for me, that I was very burned out from watching what I ate. I could control my breakouts somewhat by eating low-glycemic. However, that never got to the ROOT of why I was sensitive to certain foods. Why do people become insulin resistant anyway? Why does acne go into adulthood now, where it used to be a teenage issue? I came to conclude that for me, it was a mixture of several things. A severely congested liver, candida, and heavy metal toxicity from 4 silver amalgam fillings (they cause terrible candida from mercury toxicity, and that candida can cause terrible acne).

I used to have terrible food and chemical sensitivies, but now I'm totally symptom free. Flushing and detoxing gave me the freedom from food sensitivities and having to overly concerned with my diet.

A typical day of eating for me would be:

-A smoothie made of almond milk, a scoop of Goatein, alkalizing fiber blend, and berries
-2 eggs
-an apple, grapefruit, or a pear
-handful of walnuts or pecans
-salad with organic chicken
-I used to juice everyday, but havn't done it in about 3 weeks. I plan on resuming soon because I believe it's so good for you.

Tonight I had some beef chili that I made, and some cornbread. I drink almost a gallon of water every day.

I sometimes eat junk and am by no means a fanatic. I am 40 years old and have been searching for a cure for my stubborn acne for 25 years (LITERALLY). I have known about the diet/acne connection for many years. While I applaud many who tout the facts about that connection, and agree with them wholehearedly, I don't think that the approach solves the problem of food sensitivities or gluten intolerance. Those sensitivies happen for a reason. Bowel dysbiosis, candida, liver congestion, and other imbalances in the body CAUSE the food sensitivies. For those of you in your 20's, imagine trying to live the rest of your life abstaining from certain foods....like, forever...... eusa_doh.gif eusa_sick.gif wacko.gif doubt.gif confused.gif

I think that for me, I just couldnt' do it anymore. My body was completely breaking down September '03; everything I ate, I was reacting to. This is not an exaggeration. My blood sugar was going bonkers and my thyroid was swelling, with EVERYTHING I ate. The detoxing and flushing I did seemed to genuinely clear all of that up.

Oh yeah...this is really gross, but I just gotta share it. People know that I have passed parasites before. I told someone in a p.m. from here that a few weeks ago, I passed 3 or 4 (didn't look too close) 12 inch white worms. No, I'm not kidding. I swear....I took one out of the toilet and was so stunned, I showed it to my husband. No kidding! I wasn't even doing parasite cleansing!!!!!!!!

This is the 3rd or 4th time that I passed some kind of parasite without doing a parasite cleanse. But anyway....what I'm saying is that there are so many things that can cause us problems. Changing my diet and trying a gazillion other (very expensive) things never cleared me totally. And I really just couldn't keep totally abstaining from bread, cake, brownies, etc....forever. It just burned me out. I don't eat those things that much now, but I would like to know for certain that if I want to eat some chili and cornbread, I can. I lived with my family watching them eat sandwiches and all I could do was sit there and sigh....... rolleyes.gif You just get to the point to where you just can't do it anymore. At least I did. I did a lot of detoxes, fasts, etc....all of which I believe are very necessary and good. However, after a while it's like: eusa_wall.gif

#12 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

That's exactly why I'm flushing. My diet was working but it's like, I was limiting myself far too much and I just wanted to eat certain foods which my diet didn't allow so I just went along with the flush an am hoping for some results.

EXACTLY! eusa_doh.gif

#13 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:22 PM

Yay! Thank you so much, Denise. My very first instinct when I developed acne was, the liver, gotta cleanse the liver. But then I start doing all this reading and I start second guessing myself. On to cleansing.

Steve, I'm anxious to hear how you do.
My regimen: