Photo

Green tea?

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 Nature

Nature

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:19 AM

Thanks, had missed that one. Do you know if it's possible to order those drops online? Cause the drops are half the price of the capsules I bought.

#42 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(alorainc @ Jan 26 2005, 11:39 PM)
however, green tea cream HAS been shown to be about as effective as a 4% benzoyl peroxide solution. This test was conducted within the last few years, by an independent research organization, and the findings were presented at the annual american academy of dermatology conference.

View Post

Has it been published anywhere? If so, I would be VERY interested in reading it!

Bryan

#43 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 26 2005, 04:43 PM)
Green tea is supposed to block DHT. We then produce less oil and get less acne. That's the story, but I'mnot sure how well it accomplishes this. If you can get ahold of Equol(Not the sugar substitute), than it would be 100x more effective.

View Post

ORAL green tea as a beverage is very unlikely to act systemically either as a 5a-reductase inhibitor or androgen receptor blocker. However, green tea (or an extract of green tea) may well do those things when applied TOPICALLY. There are both human and animal experiments supporting that concept.

If you want to get the same effect as equol, then just use dutasteride. It's rather questionable, though, whether EITHER of those would help acne, for the reason which has already been stated in this forum about a dozen times. eusa_wall.gif

Bryan

#44 Unnamed

Unnamed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:09 AM

Be careful with drinking too much tea. Not for health issues no, but it does turn your teeth yellow. A way to overcome this would be to drink it through a straw... Or use whitening toothpaste alot.

Anyway, I drink alot of green tea, but it's all bagged, and I got it from a normal grocery store. If I understand correctly from this topic: Bagged Green Tea is also good, but not as good as natural self-brewed green tea, right?

Also: someone said that Green Tea might counter anti-biotics, can someone comment on this? Cause I'm on Tetracycline right now and I'd hate to see it go to waste.
My accutane blog

(With weekly pictures)

My Post-Accutane Blog

(With extra bacon!)

#45 smellymouse

smellymouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:26 AM

^^^
shock.gif really??? counter act anti biotics??? are you sure about that eusa_think.gif

#46 gwenmerk

gwenmerk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:14 PM

http://www.gnc.com/p...=414611&lang=en

This stuff would work? Does it have to be brewed?

#47 pscott

pscott

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:25 AM

hey guys

im still clear (mabye one or 2 small pimples) after weeks of doing the green tea thing with the tazorac and green tea soap. thats why i havent been on this board. i still have mild marks though but they are going away.

the ingredients in the drops i bought are

serving size 1 ml (30 drops)

green tea extract (leaves) (minimum 90 % polyphenols, 50% EGCG 100 mg

lotus extract (leaf) 24 mg
Lo Han extract (fruit) 16 mg
Stevia extact (leaf) 15 mg
kudzu extract (root) 10 mg
Chinese Licorice extract (root) 2 mg

I take 2 dropperfulls a day (60 drops, 2 ml) along with using tazorac at night and i wash 2x a day with green tea soap (see here--->) http://www.godivaski...24&cat=4&page=1

also to get rid of the red marks i use the godiva skin whitening cream during the day. http://www.godivaski...58&cat=7&page=2

also, the most important thing, when your body is unders stress (ie lack of sleep, eating bad things) you have to take more dropper fulls. Like if i have to stay up all night for studying, i take another 2 dropper fulls (thats a total of four dropper fulls in four cups of water= 60 cups of green tea)

good luck everyone
peace

thanks,
Paul

oh yeah the drops io bought are called The Original HerbaGreen tea manufactured by Herbaway Laboratories