Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nutopia

Green tea?

47 posts in this topic

hello,

it may interest you guys...I have been using green tea extract drops They are far superior to the pills, and 100000x better than drinking stupid tea bags or arizona tea. One dropperfulll added to water is equal to drinking 15 teabags worth of green tea. i take 3 dropperfulls a day with a really large bottles of water with each one which equals 45 teabags worth.

Since i have been doing this, along with using a green tea soap i purchased from i-godiva.com, a simple moisturizer during the day,  and tazorac .1 (the gold one) at night. i have cleared up my severe cystic acne in 3 weeks.

previously i was using clindamycin in the morning, and tazorac at night. it was okay, but i was still breaking out every day. but ever since ive been doing the green tea, NO break outs (i dont wanna jinx it). Nothing. i have had no new cysts or imperfections on my face. everything has cleared up. smooth as hell and all my red marks have dissapeared.

green tea is friggin amazing i reccomend the extract drops to anyone. trick is drink the green tea in LARGE quantities.

just 3 dropperfulls== 45 cups of green tea.

btw i got it at a local vitamin store but u can prob find them in the vitamin shop.

i dont post here often and probably will never anymore since im clear but i thought i should let you know

-Paul

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

I want to drink more Green Tea, but I can't stand the bitter aftertaste. I refuse to put sugar in green tea, has anyone tried honey?

eusa_think.gif

"Real girls aren't perfect, Perfect girls aren't Real."

I want to drink more Green Tea, but I can't stand the bitter aftertaste. I refuse to put sugar in green tea, has anyone tried honey?

eusa_think.gif

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

I went to Wild Oats and bought 2 oz. of Green Tea liquid extract.

It contains:

-170mg of Green Tea Leaf

-100mg of Green Tea Extract

-10mg of Stevia Leaf Extract

and also contains Deionized Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Honey and Luo Han Guo.

It says a serving size is 30 drops. Well I hope it works as well as it did for pscott, because it cost about 12 dollars.

Oh yeah, I also picked up 30 capsules of 60mg of Grape Seed Extract for about $10.

paul

I went to Wild Oats and bought 2 oz. of Green Tea liquid extract.

It contains:

-170mg of Green Tea Leaf

-100mg of Green Tea Extract

-10mg of Stevia Leaf Extract

and also contains Deionized Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Honey and Luo Han Guo.

It says a serving size is 30 drops. Well I hope it works as well as it did for pscott, because it cost about 12 dollars.

Oh yeah, I also picked up 30 capsules of 60mg of Grape Seed Extract for about $10.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

cjb, It doesn't say but I can't imagine it containg caffeine; the teabags may though.

I'm going to try and take 30 drops one to two times a day in 16.9 oz. of cold water

btw vitaminworld.com is having a 40% off sell on everything but I don't know how long it goes to

My regimen:

can too much greentea cause breakouts? and i am taking antibiotics.. green tea stimulates the immune system which inturn should fight off the antibiotics?

you can get decaf green tea

My regimen:

I just got some Chinese Green Tea Capsules (brand Solgar). I was wondering if this would have the same effect as the drops, pscott what are the ingredients of the drops?

The ingredients of the capsules:

green tea powder (8-10% polyphenols) - 395 mg

green tea extract (2:1) (25% polyphenols) - 125 mg

vegetarian capsule (vegetable fibres, glycerine, water) - 99 mg

gingercarrot powder - 15 mg

vegetable cellulose - 10 mg

magnesiumstearate - 5mg

Thanks, had missed that one. Do you know if it's possible to order those drops online? Cause the drops are half the price of the capsules I bought.

however, green tea cream HAS been shown to be about as effective as a 4% benzoyl peroxide solution. This test was conducted within the last few years, by an independent research organization, and the findings were presented at the annual american academy of dermatology conference.

Green tea is supposed to block DHT. We then produce less oil and get less acne. That's the story, but I'mnot sure how well it accomplishes this. If you can get ahold of Equol(Not the sugar substitute), than it would be 100x more effective.

Be careful with drinking too much tea. Not for health issues no, but it does turn your teeth yellow. A way to overcome this would be to drink it through a straw... Or use whitening toothpaste alot.

Anyway, I drink alot of green tea, but it's all bagged, and I got it from a normal grocery store. If I understand correctly from this topic: Bagged Green Tea is also good, but not as good as natural self-brewed green tea, right?

Also: someone said that Green Tea might counter anti-biotics, can someone comment on this? Cause I'm on Tetracycline right now and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

My accutane blog

(With weekly pictures)

My Post-Accutane Blog

(With extra bacon!)

hey guys

im still clear (mabye one or 2 small pimples) after weeks of doing the green tea thing with the tazorac and green tea soap. thats why i havent been on this board. i still have mild marks though but they are going away.

the ingredients in the drops i bought are

serving size 1 ml (30 drops)

green tea extract (leaves) (minimum 90 % polyphenols, 50% EGCG 100 mg

lotus extract (leaf) 24 mg

Lo Han extract (fruit) 16 mg

Stevia extact (leaf) 15 mg

kudzu extract (root) 10 mg

Chinese Licorice extract (root) 2 mg

I take 2 dropperfulls a day (60 drops, 2 ml) along with using tazorac at night and i wash 2x a day with green tea soap (see here--->) http://www.godivaskincare.com/shopping/cus...24&cat=4&page=1

also to get rid of the red marks i use the godiva skin whitening cream during the day. http://www.godivaskincare.com/shopping/cus...58&cat=7&page=2

also, the most important thing, when your body is unders stress (ie lack of sleep, eating bad things) you have to take more dropper fulls. Like if i have to stay up all night for studying, i take another 2 dropper fulls (thats a total of four dropper fulls in four cups of water= 60 cups of green tea)

good luck everyone

peace

thanks,

Paul

oh yeah the drops io bought are called The Original HerbaGreen tea manufactured by Herbaway Laboratories