Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green tea?

47 posts in this topic

bought some today, and i'm drinking it with nothing added and i love it... however, does it really help with acne?? what does it do?

I think it's a antitoxant, so in otherwords it gets rid of all the crap in your body which probably leaves less bacteria/crap for acne to form from. I just got a gallon of it today, gonna try it later...

My Regimen

- Warm Water

- Stridex Sensitive Skin Pads

- CnC Morning Glow

I like buying the tea bags... not the pre-made stuff... Green Tea is fun. For acne and the digestive system it's pretty good too...

Acne doesn't for from oxidants. Those are the things that make us age and other crap.

Green tea is supposed to block DHT. We then produce less oil and get less acne. That's the story, but I'mnot sure how well it accomplishes this. If you can get ahold of Equol(Not the sugar substitute), than it would be 100x more effective.

From what research I've done...green tea itself has not yet been proven to be very effective in treating acne (at least no proof yet...)

however, green tea cream HAS been shown to be about as effective as a 4% benzoyl peroxide solution. This test was conducted within the last few years, by an independent research organization, and the findings were presented at the annual american academy of dermatology conference.

You can read more about acne treatments that are proven to work at Acne Treatments Guide

But Green Tea itself is very healthy in general, and does more for your body than just treat acne...so drink away!

Greg

yeap... Green tea was the catalyst that started my acne clearing. I swear by it now! its an oxidant revered to by the medical community for various health benefits and disease prevention.

and best of all, ice cold green tea ( I drink leaf brewed ) curbs my craving for sugar. biggrin.gif

I've been drinking green tea every morning for years. It's my "cofee" when I get up. I still have acne. Green tea is good for you in general, but my acne has not seen a change.

does anyone know anything about the green tea extract pills? are they just as effective as drinking green tea or using a green tea cream?

I absolutely CHUG Arizona Green Tea, and have been for the last 2 years. I average about 2-3 tall cans a day. What I do is freeze them, then place it under a warm faucet for a minute. What this does is separate the sugary syrup from the actual tea and water. I crack the can open, let the syrup drip out, then let the can sit until it's melted. Voila, a tall can of sugar-free green tea.

Now, since I've started drinking green tea, I haven't seen any real improvement in my acne, but I will tell you, my overall health has improved tenfold. I feel more energetic, fresher and more lithe. Take that for what you will.

I absolutely CHUG Arizona Green Tea, and have been for the last 2 years. I average about 2-3 tall cans a day. What I do is freeze them, then place it under a warm faucet for a minute. What this does is separate the sugary syrup from the actual tea and water. I crack the can open, let the syrup drip out, then let the can sit until it's melted. Voila, a tall can of sugar-free green tea.

Now, since I've started drinking green tea, I haven't seen any real improvement in my acne, but I will tell you, my overall health has improved tenfold. I feel more energetic, fresher and more lithe. Take that for what you will.

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

hello,

it may interest you guys...I have been using green tea extract drops They are far superior to the pills, and 100000x better than drinking stupid tea bags or arizona tea. One dropperfulll added to water is equal to drinking 15 teabags worth of green tea. i take 3 dropperfulls a day with a really large bottles of water with each one which equals 45 teabags worth.

Since i have been doing this, along with using a green tea soap i purchased from i-godiva.com, a simple moisturizer during the day, and tazorac .1 (the gold one) at night. i have cleared up my severe cystic acne in 3 weeks.

previously i was using clindamycin in the morning, and tazorac at night. it was okay, but i was still breaking out every day. but ever since ive been doing the green tea, NO break outs (i dont wanna jinx it). Nothing. i have had no new cysts or imperfections on my face. everything has cleared up. smooth as hell and all my red marks have dissapeared.

green tea is friggin amazing i reccomend the extract drops to anyone. trick is drink the green tea in LARGE quantities.

just 3 dropperfulls== 45 cups of green tea.

btw i got it at a local vitamin store but u can prob find them in the vitamin shop.

i dont post here often and probably will never anymore since im clear but i thought i should let you know

-Paul

bought some today, and i'm drinking it with nothing added and i love it... however, does it really help with acne?? what does it do?

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

I've been drinking green tea every morning for years. It's my "cofee" when I get up. I still have acne. Green tea is good for you in general, but my acne has not seen a change.

Guys--doesnt green tea have caffiene in it?? Isn't caffiene really bad for people with acne?I've been drinking green tea for three weeks now and i feel like my acne is getting worse...anyone know the answer??

Guys--doesnt green tea have caffiene in it?? Isn't caffiene really bad for people with acne?I've been drinking green tea for three weeks now and i feel like my acne is getting worse...anyone know the answer??

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last