Photo

Green tea?

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 Nutopia

Nutopia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

bought some today, and i'm drinking it with nothing added and i love it... however, does it really help with acne?? what does it do?

#2 DarkArchon

DarkArchon

F&%$ Acne!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

I think it's a antitoxant, so in otherwords it gets rid of all the crap in your body which probably leaves less bacteria/crap for acne to form from. I just got a gallon of it today, gonna try it later...
My Regimen

- Warm Water
- Stridex Sensitive Skin Pads
- CnC Morning Glow

#3 Laputa

Laputa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

I like buying the tea bags... not the pre-made stuff... Green Tea is fun. For acne and the digestive system it's pretty good too...

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:43 PM

Acne doesn't for from oxidants. Those are the things that make us age and other crap.

Green tea is supposed to block DHT. We then produce less oil and get less acne. That's the story, but I'mnot sure how well it accomplishes this. If you can get ahold of Equol(Not the sugar substitute), than it would be 100x more effective.

#5 Charlesworth

Charlesworth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:45 PM

Edit: I didn't mean to post. >_>

#6 Nutopia

Nutopia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Charlesworth @ Jan 26 2005, 09:45 PM)
Edit: I didn't mean to post. >_>

View Post

I'm just drinking it straight, no sugar or any other shit in it. I like the taste and it's supposed to be healthy anyway, so if it helps acne I guess that's a bonus... I just heard talk over here awhile back about how it improved some cases and was just wondering what the deal was.

#7 alorainc

alorainc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

From what research I've done...green tea itself has not yet been proven to be very effective in treating acne (at least no proof yet...)

however, green tea cream HAS been shown to be about as effective as a 4% benzoyl peroxide solution. This test was conducted within the last few years, by an independent research organization, and the findings were presented at the annual american academy of dermatology conference.

You can read more about acne treatments that are proven to work at Acne Treatments Guide

But Green Tea itself is very healthy in general, and does more for your body than just treat acne...so drink away!

Greg

#8 Clara

Clara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:49 AM

yeap... Green tea was the catalyst that started my acne clearing. I swear by it now! its an oxidant revered to by the medical community for various health benefits and disease prevention.

and best of all, ice cold green tea ( I drink leaf brewed ) curbs my craving for sugar. biggrin.gif

#9 blemishedgirl

blemishedgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:29 AM

I've been drinking green tea every morning for years. It's my "cofee" when I get up. I still have acne. Green tea is good for you in general, but my acne has not seen a change.

#10 hitman133

hitman133

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:49 PM

does anyone know anything about the green tea extract pills? are they just as effective as drinking green tea or using a green tea cream?

#11 Guest_OnlyJoe_*

Guest_OnlyJoe_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:58 AM

i drink 3-4 cups a day, is this enough?

#12 Guest_Keeley_*

Guest_Keeley_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(OnlyJoe @ Jan 31 2005, 11:58 AM)
i drink 3-4 cups a day, is this enough?

View Post

yeah man! eusa_angel.gif

#13 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(Nutopia @ Jan 24 2005, 05:29 PM)
bought some today, and i'm drinking it with nothing added and i love it... however, does it really help with acne?? what does it do?

View Post

From what I've read, I've never seen anyone post about improvments while only drinking BAGGED green tea. I've only seen people talk about how green tea brewed from leaves helped their acne.

#14 Paradigm

Paradigm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:57 AM

I absolutely CHUG Arizona Green Tea, and have been for the last 2 years. I average about 2-3 tall cans a day. What I do is freeze them, then place it under a warm faucet for a minute. What this does is separate the sugary syrup from the actual tea and water. I crack the can open, let the syrup drip out, then let the can sit until it's melted. Voila, a tall can of sugar-free green tea.

Now, since I've started drinking green tea, I haven't seen any real improvement in my acne, but I will tell you, my overall health has improved tenfold. I feel more energetic, fresher and more lithe. Take that for what you will.

#15 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Paradigm @ Feb 1 2005, 09:57 AM)
I absolutely CHUG Arizona Green Tea, and have been for the last 2 years. I average about 2-3 tall cans a day. What I do is freeze them, then place it under a warm faucet for a minute. What this does is separate the sugary syrup from the actual tea and water. I crack the can open, let the syrup drip out, then let the can sit until it's melted. Voila, a tall can of sugar-free green tea.

Now, since I've started drinking green tea, I haven't seen any real improvement in my acne, but I will tell you, my overall health has improved tenfold. I feel more energetic, fresher and more lithe. Take that for what you will.

View Post

Voila? That sounds like a lot more work, a lot more expensive and a lot less effective than just brewing a cup of tea!
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#16 pscott

pscott

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:24 PM

hello,

it may interest you guys...I have been using green tea extract drops They are far superior to the pills, and 100000x better than drinking stupid tea bags or arizona tea. One dropperfulll added to water is equal to drinking 15 teabags worth of green tea. i take 3 dropperfulls a day with a really large bottles of water with each one which equals 45 teabags worth.

Since i have been doing this, along with using a green tea soap i purchased from i-godiva.com, a simple moisturizer during the day, and tazorac .1 (the gold one) at night. i have cleared up my severe cystic acne in 3 weeks.

previously i was using clindamycin in the morning, and tazorac at night. it was okay, but i was still breaking out every day. but ever since ive been doing the green tea, NO break outs (i dont wanna jinx it). Nothing. i have had no new cysts or imperfections on my face. everything has cleared up. smooth as hell and all my red marks have dissapeared.

green tea is friggin amazing i reccomend the extract drops to anyone. trick is drink the green tea in LARGE quantities.

just 3 dropperfulls== 45 cups of green tea.

btw i got it at a local vitamin store but u can prob find them in the vitamin shop.

i dont post here often and probably will never anymore since im clear but i thought i should let you know

-Paul

#17 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(Nutopia @ Jan 25 2005, 01:29 AM)

View Post

Here's the main thing you need to know about green tea:

It has a higher amount of anti-oxidants than black tea which help combat the harmful effects of free radicals.

However, you need good quality green tea to make sure you get enough anti-oxidants. You can buy special blends in health stores that specifies the amount of anti-oxidants.
Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#18 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(blemishedgirl @ Jan 29 2005, 02:29 PM)
I've been drinking green tea every morning for years. It's my "cofee" when I get up. I still have acne. Green tea is good for you in general, but my acne has not seen a change.

View Post

You need to drink 3 cups a day of green tea to have its benefits. Green tea has been shown to help numerous things in the body, including acne. The thing is, you have to get the actual herb its self and boil water with it. Not pre made or tea bags or whatever. I know many people who had high cholesterol, blood pressure etc and green tea lead them to success.

#19 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(BlackBetty @ Feb 2 2005, 02:51 PM)
You need to drink 3 cups a day of green tea to have its benefits. 

View Post

This is only true if it is extreamly good quality. Otherwise you would have to drink 8-12 cups a day!

It is estimated that you need about 150-200 mg catechins (antioxidants) a day.
This is why you need to get green tea in health stores and look for green tea where the amount of catechins is specified.

Otherwise you are more than likely to run the risk of drinking green tea with a low amount of anitoxidants
Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#20 BlackBetty

BlackBetty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:09 AM

Yea man that is why you need the good real stuff.